Sign in to follow this  
andylee054

Bayonet Fight in OFP1

OTW (OFP Taiwan Workshop) now dedicate in developing the new bayonet fighting system for ROC MOD 3.01.

Now, we found the way to make AI soldiers fight to enemy with bayonet if they run out of ammo, and they do that automatically.

The bayonet fighting system will be released in ROC MOD 3.01 after we finished the testing job and rest developing job in this version.

bayonet_fight.jpg

that looks really great. good job guys. also, i am a member of a mod team and we want some chinese infantry for operation flashpoint: resistance. we are making a campaign about an invasion of the USA by russia and china. would it be possible for us to use your chinese infantry and armour. and if so can you send just the chinese infantry and armour to us. we do not need the tiwan soldiers. if you would allow us to use your excellent work you would recieve full credit for any of your addons that we use. let me know what you think.

we can be contacted at redneckehv@yahoo.com

Actually, everyone are welcome to use any parts from ROC MOD, that's all I made this MOD for.

But I can't give any permission for Type-98 MBT, Su-27. because I got the permission from the others.

The rest part of PLA's (Chinese) are OK, that's made by us own hands.

If it's possible, you can get those stuff via some download site, for it's contains large size to delivery, My email account can't mail such large size (over 1MB).

As I know that, you can find this MOD in OFP.CZ, many Fans site, ofcause from OTW, too.

The url for OTW is : http://otw.jmfoz.idv.tw/index2.htm

My Email address is :

andylee054@hotmail.com

smile_o.gif

what are the names of the pbo's in the pack that are requierd for just the chinese infantry and armour? we do not need to use the tiwan stuff, and there is limited room in ofp for addons. i would apprciate it if you let me know. although it is not a big deal, we can probabbly figure it out by trial and error. also i sent you an email with a similar message.

what are the names of the pbo's in the pack that are requierd for just the chinese infantry and armour? we do not need to use the tiwan stuff, and there is limited room in ofp for addons. i would apprciate it if you let me know. although it is not a big deal, we can probabbly figure it out by trial and error. also i sent you an email with a similar message.

You can find the pbo file from the tree as below:

..\Operation Flashpoint\ROC_3\Addons\

The name of pbo is : roc_pla.pbo

enjoy it.

whats the difference between this and the ukf bayonet scripting?

This system is already under testing in ROC MOD 3.01.

You no need any script to make it run, just shot out all the ammo, then you will see the AI soldier fighting with bayonet.

The UK one is use lots of script to make it happen, but it's stand along addon.

Our version is all inclouded in ROC MOD.

It's not just an idea, we already had lots of fun when we tried it. It's in alpha testing version now.

It might not be possible, bit a scripted bayonet charge for an entire squad might be cool.

When the soldiers run out of ammo, will they actually move to engage soldiers with the bayonet? The main weak point i've seen with close combat scripts is the enemy AI has a tendancy to crouch or go prone, but its probably unavoidable.

Close combat is something i'd like to see in ofp2, but if the alternative is bf42 style close combat, i think what we've got is preferable.

Great work there, andy, this will be a significant developement for ofp1..keep it up!

From bayonets to sword and heck! we'll give total war: Rome and billy gates' age of empire a run for their money!...ofp1 will be the next 'all era' battle simulation!!! tounge_o.gif

PS: ever thot of knife throwing?....perhaps replacing grenades p3d with knife and configuring the ammo?

call me slow but i still dot understand the difference between the ukf bayonet stuff and this version.

spell it out to me like im a child smile_o.gif

Good idea for knife throwing, let me think about that. smile_o.gif

The difference between UK and our's...... ;

UK's must be using the action menu, right ? And I don't think the AI soldier will use the bayonet automatically.

ROC MOD's just click mouse left-buttom when the bayonet is on top of the rifle, like firing normal bullet, and our's no need to order soldiers to fight with bayonet, they will do it when run out of ammo automatically. You no need to do anything, just let it happens.

what if they still have ammo, is it still useable then?

The only use of the action menu our bayonet script makes is for the option to fix and remove bayonets.

Once the bayonet is fixed the AI will automatically charge at any enemy units within range, for the player all you have to do is get close enough to an enemy and the script will handle the giving out a dose of the cold steel wink_o.gif

Oh, thanks for the answer, biggrin_o.gif

The ROC MOD's no need any script to do that.

Just let it happen.

tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The ROC MOD's no need any script to do that.

Just let it happen.

Interesting. I'm curious; are you saying this is all done through the config? I don't know that much about configs, but I've wondered if it was possible to make a script-free close-combat system using a variation of the strokegun/strokefist weapons that are already in OFP.

The way I see it, there are already close combat "bullets" in the config, and if you could set their range to like 3 meters, a soldier might actually run that close to the enemy on his own and "shoot" them. It seems like the stuff is there in the config, but just not well implemented by BIS...

Anyway, I'd love to see how it is done.

Quote[/b] ]Good idea for knife throwing, let me think about that.

There is an excellent throwing knife addon out there. I can't remember where I got it, but I think it was off flashpoint.ru or some russian site. The maker implemented pretty much all the bells and whistles possible (it spins through the air, you can pick it up if you miss, it doesn't get thrown as "high" as grenades are, etc), so if you want to know how to make a throwing knife, check that addon out.

Yes, 99% done with config.bin.

Replace two rtm file and make a new cfgAmmo and lots cfgWeapon class.

The rest of 1% is make the units setUnitPos "UP" and Change Some AI behaviour, Then They will fight each others with bayonet.

That's simple.

biggrin_o.gif

Awesome! I'd like to take a look at how you config it. Are you replacing the default strokegun anim? I wonder if it would be possible to have a few different types of animations, for different weapons, or can you only use one? Of course, I suppose you could fire off different anims via an eventhandler...

When will you release this?

Are you replacing the default strokegun anim? I wonder if it would be possible to have a few different types of animations, for different weapons, or can you only use one? Of course, I suppose you could fire off different anims via an eventhandler...

When will you release this?

Yes, you got the points, I replace the default strokegun animation and firing with new ammo. So AI soldiers can use it as normal weapons.

So, I don't need to make any eventhandler to make it use the animation. The only thing that I need to do is making sure all the soldier's "setUnitPos" is "UP".

We will pack it in our ROC MOD 3.01, we also making the new Taiwan map for this mod, the map is made in 512*512 scale.

So, it will take some more time to finish it.

We wish to release it in earily of 2005.

biggrin_o.gif