Sign in to follow this  
Tarados Qeng

Shatterpoint 1986 Campaign

Ok, Delusions has now gotten a completely new shape. In addition, the fps issue was improved by putting some fog there. Anyway, it still needs a fast computer. Still, you'll gonna have to wait a bit more for the release.

I'm really happy about the fact that our site is still up and on the same server as it was the last time I posted. smile_o.gif

Edit; And 7 Co-Op version is not gonna be released before the next beta.

Only couple more days... or weeks. Or something. But it'll be soon, I mean the release of Campaign form Beta 0.3. Hopefully.

Renamed 'Delusions' to 'Rainy Day'.

We are right now working to get the release of the campaign form beta of the Shatterpoint 1986 campaign to next weekend. The version number will be 0.3, and let's have a preview on what will this campaign include and not include:

Including:

* Beta versions of missons 1-11 of the Shatterpoint campaign,and of course, their intros and outros, all taking place on the island of Everon in 1986.

* Two cutscenes deepening the storyline, one brand new one.

Not Including:

* Missions 12->.

* Campaign intro mission taking place on Malden in 70s

* Background information about campaign locations, Malden and Everon.

* Most of the radio voices and other chat

Well, don't be too disappointed if the release gets a small delay, I said that we're working to get it to the weekend, but it might just as well be at the beginning of the next week.

Be patient, my friends. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, the readme file:

OPERATION FLASHPOINT MODIFICATION

Title :Shatterpoint 1986

Type :Single Player Campaing

Version :Beta 0.3

Recommended OFP version :1.91 or higher

Author :F.B.I. team

E-Mail :tarados@mbnet.fi

Project forums :http://futility.krhmhosting.com/phpBB

File Name :shatterpoint1986.pbo

File Size :7.06MB

Date Released :01/29/2005

Required (unofficial) addons :"editorupdate102" (Editor Upgrade - Editor's Edition By General Barron v2.2). You can download it here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=612

Description: :This is a campaign form beta version of the Shatterpoint 1986 campaing by F.B.I., including 11 missions from the 17-18 mission-long campaing.

Including:

* Beta versions of missons 1-11 of the Shatterpoint campaign,and of course, their intros and outros, all taking place on the island of Everon in 1986.

* Two cutscenes deepening the storyline, one brand new one.

Not Including:

* Missions 12->.

* Campaign intro mission taking place on Malden in 70s

* Background information about campaign locations, Malden and Everon.

* Most of the radio voices and other chat

THIS VERSION IS FOR BETA TESTING ONLY. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THIS, I HOPE YOU'LL GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK/REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FOUND, EITHER VIA THE FORUMS OR E-MAIL (SEE ABOVE)!

Installation :Extract 'shatterpoint.pbo'into your .../Campaigns/ folder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------

MADE BY FUTILITY BEYOND IMAGINATION 2004-2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY THE CODEMASTERS SOFTWARE COMPANY LIMITED ("CODEMASTERS") OR BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO. USE THIS MODIFICATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*NOTE! F.B.I. has nothing to do with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and FBI has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with F.B.I., which is highly regrettable.*

Weapons that did not exist in either NATO or Soviet inventory in 1986:

Bizon

HK G36

I suggest substituting the G3 or the FN FAL for the G36 and the AK74SU for the Bizon.

If you had the AS Val and the VSS Vintorez in your campaign, I would suggest substituting those for the Bizon, if you wanted suppressed weapons.

One of the Russian weapons packs has a silenced AKSU with a silent 'nade launcher. It is called the Tishina. Spetznaz might have had that in '86.

Ok, thanks. Didn't know that.

Edit; What would you think if we replaced the G36 with a Steyr AUG?

Yeah, replacing it with the AUG would be okay, I guess. I don't remember everyone who was using the AUG in '86. Australia, of course, but I think the weapon was still being considered by other countries.

The G3, however, was common, even in the 3rd world at that time, if I remember correctly. So was the FN FAL.

Austria has (or had) used the Ster Aug for 20 I think. And there a good weapon. I was found one in the army tent and the F1 gp. It had a grenade launcher on it wink_o.gif

Do you happen know if there actually were many Black Hawks in use in 1979? I read that it entried service in 1979, but I'm not quite sure if it's entirely realistic to have it on a mission taking place on 1979 (the upcoming campaign intro mission).

But hey, it's a fictitious campaign...

Just thought to let you know that we substituted G36s to Steyr AUGs and Bizons to AK-74 SUs.

Quote[/b] ]It's been quite quiet for a while, but that doesn't mean that the campaing has been put on hold or anything radical. I'm happy to inform you about the newest progress: mission 13: Pulling Together has been started today. And about mission 12, there will be two different variants of it, giving the campaing some dynamic touch.

-TlasraZ

Just letting you know of the current progress. We're working on missions 12a/b and 13. Also, we've found one new voice actor. Still, we would need a couple more.

I can talk Swedish, but Swedish accent? I dunno... I kinda lost my accent when I was 10 or 11. Now I talk some kinda British-English I think. I guess I can try...

Okay folks, still needing some more voice actors. Three major roles still available.

* Ltn. Jacob Larsson - Swedish accent.

* Dmitri Nosov - Russian accent. No need to speak Russian, just English like Russians do.

* Resistance leader Tomas Kaberle - "Resistance" dialect. Like in OPF - Resistance.

I've got two reports that there have been problems on downloading the latest beta. I myself tried downloading it a couple of times, and experienced no problems. However, I uploaded it to another server. So, if you've had problems downloading, just go here and click download.

Hope it works for everybody. ;)

Considering that so many people have mentioned getting bored due to long runs, we've finally decided to do something with it. So, in some ways, that means that the object positioning on mission 5 will be redone. We're considering to do the same in mission 8, if that's somehow possible.

Nice campaign. Very well done cinematics plus I tried it with flash fx 3.5 which makes the experience way better. The story also looks good and the briefings and notes add to the atmosphere.

Thank you for your comment, Stealth3. smile_o.gif Good to hear it felt good with Flash fx.

This is just a short update so that you'll know that we haven't forgot the campaign or you. smile_o.gif

We're working on mission 13's gameplay, as soon as it is quite much ready we'll release a campaign form beta of missions 10-13. (That's actually 5 missions, because there are two versions of mission 12.)

Okay, everybody. Here's something you've all been waiting for: more Shatterpoint! Well, not actually yet, but very SOON!

Today I put together missions 10-13 in an appropriate, dynamic campaign tree for the first time. So, the next beta, which will include mission 10, 11, 12a, 12b and 13, will be released for beta testing next week, or even this weekend. We're just doing some minor testing before that, to make sure everything works so that you can test the missions.

I call this part of the campaign "Road to Chotain". So, you'll see an (American) Empire Striking Back. smile_o.gif

Next Shatterpoint beta version is available!

Road to Chotain (mission 10-13 in campaign form) is the newest beta on Shatterpoint, featuring a couple of brand new missions. Feedback would be needed now to get the mission gameplay in shape.

Go here and click 'Download' to download this one. smile_o.gif You'll only need General Barron's editorupdate102 http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=612. Or at least, that's the only one you should need. Let me know if it asks for some other addon.

OPERATION FLASHPOINT MODIFICATION

Title :Shatterpoint 1986, Road to Chotain

Type :Campaign form beta

Missions :

Rescue (10)

Rainy Day (11)

Pulling Together (12a)

Appeal for Help (12b)

Return (13)

Recommended OFP version :1.91 or higher

Author :F.B.I. team

E-Mail :tarados@mbet.fi

Project website :http://futility.krhmhosting.com

Project forums :http://futility.krhmhosting.com/phpBB

File Name :1986roadtochotain.zip

File Size :2.70MB

Date Released :04/17/2005

Required (unofficial) addons :"editorupdate102" (Editor Upgrade - Editor's Edition By General Barron v2.2). You can download it here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=612

Description: :This beta includes Shatterpoint 1986 missions 10-13 in campaing form.

THIS VERSION IS FOR BETA TESTING ONLY. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THIS, I HOPE YOU'LL GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK/REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FOUND, EITHER VIA THE FORUMS OR E-MAIL (SEE ABOVE)!

Installation :Extract .pbo within the .zip file into your .../Campaigns/ folder.

MADE BY FUTILITY BEYOND IMAGINATION, 2005

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY THE CODEMASTERS SOFTWARE COMPANY LIMITED ("CODEMASTERS") OR BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO. USE THIS MODIFICATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*NOTE! F.B.I. has nothing to do with Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and FBI has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with F.B.I., which is highly regrettable.*

And we're still needing voice actors. So don't mind the voices on this one, I know most of them are horrible.

Hi everyone, it's been quiet for a while.

We had a long pause on working due to miscellaneous things and events, but now we are back in business, working on missions 14 and 15. Our site was suspened as well as all the techdezign.net accounts, so we were forced to move yet again. Our new site can be found at http://futility.5gigs.com/site.

Most of the content is not available on the new website, but guess it doesn't matter. It's only a place where you can find the latest news of our progress and download the latest versions.

We still are going to finish this campaign, though there has been some... delays. So, we still are needing voice actors. Contact me if you think you could help.

Cheers, Tarados Qeng.

*testing Road to Chotain....stay tuned for feedback*

"Rescue"

Briefing: The US Army abbreviates Major as Maj., not Mjr.

Clarify via markers where I begin the mission - for some reason I thought I was leaving from Morton. Also be sure to mark all friendly Observation Posts on the map, as the campfire to the West attracted my attention when I started heading that way. To my surprise they were Americans; I was prepared for the worst.

Also include some hard data on what sort of enemy forces I should expect in the area. Saying "they're all on the front line" is rather weak here as it gives me no idea what to really expect.

I took the HK with 6 mags, one LAW and a satchel charge, because you never know when those magical satchels will come in handy :P

Mission:

Let me say first of all that I generally dislike black-ops missions, especially lone wolf ones. I don't have the patience for all this sneaking around stuff and I'm usually terrible at them as a result.

Start off at a shoddy-looking gas station with a fire burning and the M2 light on. Even after a long and bloody campaign our sentries don't seem to know much about sentry-ing *sigh*.

Jog west and find that OP I mentioned earlier...didn't avail myself of their ammo but instead turned North and strolled through the front lines. Headed uphill along a line of bushes and trees, spotted an enemy OP. I crawled by it by ducking a few yards into the woods and slinking by. On the other side of the forest I run from bush to bush without seeing anything.

I spot the Russian M2 with his light on in a stand of trees and notice that several vehicles are patrolling the area...I give him a berth of about 100m and cross the road within what was - for me anyway - plain sight. He didn't see me. I go uphill a bit and scope out the area around Gravette from another clump of bushes, taking note of the enemy patrols. Some had no NVGs at all and one big squad had all NVGs, plus a sniper. Snipers shouldn't be running around with a rifle squad, by the way...it just looks silly when a guy covered in twigs and grass is jogging along next to the guy with the PK.

Anyhow, I take note of their routes and crawl into some bushes about 100m from the town, which is nicely lit up for me, allowing me to make them out without use of my NVGs. After a few minutes I was convinced they didn't see me - I could have reached out and tripped one guy - I wait for them to cycle through the patrol routes again, but as they approach I HK them. Within about ten minutes I have 2 dozen bodies on the ground all around my little bush without a single shot fired back at me. More infantry seem to come running - at least it looked like there were more than had been there before - and I kill them too.

Satisfied that the patrolling infantry are killed, I move into the town, where two Russians are running back and forth like idiots along the main road. I shoot them, as well as the AT soldier in front of the gate and the guy up on the hillside. An alarm is sounded briefly but nothing seems to happen as a result. I crawl through the town carefully and shoot a couple more men with my last HK rounds, rearm with an AK74 and the AT4, and make plans to take out the roving T-80. I watch from another bush as he drives through the town...I plant a satchel at the spot where he crossed the road, prep the At4, and wait. He cycles through again a few minutes later and I detonate it - the satchel alone is enough to destroy him. Meanwhile, a few infantry stragglers have run through the town, only to be shot by my AK74. I wait a little longer to see if any others show up. When it seems that I've gotten them all, I free the prisoners, arm them and heal the Major.

We jog towards the M2 outpost and the BMP arrives there, pausing briefly. I put the AT4 into him from about 150m and take out the gunner on the M2. We move towards the road, then shoot up a three-man squad that seemed to come and investigate. Then it's a brisk jog back to the Russian observation post near Montingnac. I put the men in hold fire and column mode and we slip by, then jog back home. Simple.

Kills: T80, BMP, 6 crew, 2 officers, 3 night officers, 3 snipers, AT soldier, 2 RPG soldiers, 4 medics, 3 machinegunners, 3 grenadiers and 22 soldiers. Casualties: none.

Summary: sneak by two outposts, crawl into a bush and shoot guys for several hours, blow up tank, free prisoners, shoot a couple more guys, leave. Not a bad mission but certainly the limits of OFPs AI were on display here. KeyCat's Grouplink II script would have probably made things much more difficult.

Rainy Day

Briefing: The link to Le Moule was broken, but otherwise things were fine.

It confuses me, though, why you keep arming soldiers with Steyr Augs...this weapon has never been used by the US Army; same for the MM-1, which I armed #11 with anyway. I attempted to switch them out for regular rifles and found that there's not enough M16 ammo provided, and there's a spare M60 with no extra ammunition for it. Hmmm...I grab an M21, which is the weapon I ALWAYS use to take Lamentin. From much CTI experience I know this town as a graveyard.

Mission:

Run to outpost, shoot a few guys. It appeared that the guy you wanted in the tower had fallen out since I found a guy laying at the bottom of it. I grenade two guys standing by a telephone pole about 50m away; they seemed not to notice the brief firefight so I fed them a hand grenade and onward we ran. I play in veteran mode, so I had no idea where my "last waypoint before the town" was, so I guessed by running up to the other squads and apparantly I guessed right. Meanwhile the Apaches are fighting with the Hinds already and the Abrams tanks are getting hit...finally the infantry jumps off and within seconds 90% of them are dead. Magical PK headshots are plentiful, only further reinforcing my belief that any assault on Lamentin is futile if it fails to involve a tactical nuclear weapon.

I retry a few times and finally the Apaches shoot down the Hinds quickly enough that the M-1s aren't destroyed, so they drive into the town and make mincemeat of the Russian infantry. I shoot a few guys, content to let the tanks do all the work. I was just about to run in and start sweeping the town when the last Russian is shot and the mission is over.

Suggestions: remove the music! I ended up turning my OFP music setting all the way down just to hear the battle. Also add a delay between killing the last guy and ending the mission.

Pulling Together

Briefing:

Gah, another black ops mission...I wish you'd tell me what time it is, though, so I can plan accordingly. I just assume it's night.

Notes were interesting, I liked that you called the resistance guys loons...made me chuckle. I did wonder though, why we couldn't use a boat and be inserted much closer to the objective.

The gear selection was nonexistant; I can't imagine why anyone would end up taking the G3A4 anyway. HK and lots of spare mags - get rid of those satchel charges yourself since you won't use them in this mission - and off we go.

Mission:

Start next to one GI standing at a wire fence...give him a wave and run off towards the forest east of Entre Deux. I put #2 in column and hold fire mode...he spots three guys very close to us and I HK them quickly. We continue, wait for the truck to pass on the road, and run into the forest. We crawl through part of it because I expect the absolute worst in forests at night, but we see nothing so we get up and do the F-key shuffle until we approach a house along the road near which I can see a campfire. I put 2 in a bush in the forest and tell him to stay there while I crawl up to the house and kill the three idiots standing by the campfire. 2 tells me there are two soldiers about to leave bootprints on his face, so I hold my breath for a moment and sure enough 2 soldiers soon walk by the bush in which I'm hinding, about ten feet from the fire. I shoot them both before they can unsling their rifles, then call 2 to me. We jog from there to the forest and the resistance camp, where we find a few guys standing around a fire. I wonder why they don't have some sort of security out since they're leaders, but I keep my gun trained on them until we get the cutscene.

Talking talking talking, lots of text with no voices...they agree to help and time skips forward...7 HOURS! What the hell happened? Wasn't it just 10:30?

I run back to the house, through the forest, across the road, and walk right into a rifle squad standing in perfect wedge formation at the spot where I killed the first three guys. I shoot a couple of them and the rest start running around like drunken midgets, so I shoot them too and saunter into Provins. I rule.

Summary: A rather tedious jog to the resistance camp, a bunch of reading, then a tedious jog back, punctuated only by shooting a dozen inept Russians. Technically nothing wrong here, but rather boring IMO.

"Return"

Intro of a truck driving from Morton...yep, we're on the move all right...simple and to the point.

Briefing:

I can't really make out any detail in that little picture you've given us, although it is a nice touch...I can sorta see the wall but have no idea of the overall layout of the town. Better to tell us that there is an M2 on the South side of town and another on the West side than try to mark them on the map, since the scale isn't right to really do it properly. This time the gear selection is OK, so I take 2 LAWs and 2 extra M16 mags in lieu of grenades.

Mission:

We get to the little checkpoint and I track down the Sergeant...we talk a little and then the APC driver butts in...couldn't tell who was talking to who because he was standing behind me the whole time so I didn't even see him until I turned around. Suddenly the sergeant mounts up...he jumps in the Bradley and when I realize I've got an M113 sitting in front of me and 8 men in my squad I realize that I'm meant to ride in the M113. I don't like the idea of sitting in our APCs waiting for the word to go. I'd much rather mount up and go when the word is given, since APCs are little more than RPG magnets in this game and it would be just my luck if some Russian conscript fried my entire squad as we sat here.

Finally we get the word to go and the little armada starts off - a jeep? What the hell is he going to do? We ram him with the M113 by accident but we all get to the dismount point. We pile out of the M113 and I survey the town...I lob a LAW at the BMP2 and kill it, only to get headshotted by the M2 as I put the launcher away. Reload and do it properly this time, then move in on the town. Shoot a bunch of guys - including the guy who fell out of the tower and was on top of the wall - and clear the town mostly by myself as fences confuse the hell out of the AI. We kill all the visable enemies, then run around for a few minutes looking for more. A jog over to the Resistance ambush site revleals that they haven't killed the Ural, so I LAW it but nothing happens. We go to the armory and find that one of the tanks is not quite dead, so I drive it out of the base and blow it up, but nothing happens. Also no sign of Major O'Neill. We return to Chotain and I FINALLY discover the one guy prone inside the sandbag bunker - I give him the good news in the head and the mission ends.

However, the APCs didn't move from the dismount point...they should have followed us into the town and covered us as we cleared it. That last guy should probably have run away or been setunitpos'ed up so that you can see him without a lot of silly knees-bent running about when the mission won't end.

Kills: T72, BMP2, 2 officers, 2 machinegunners, 2 grenadiers, Ural, 3 crew, 2 East M2s.

A few little niggles here and there, no voice acting as you are well aware, but overall not a bad set of missions.