Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Kumlinge Island

Kumlinge Island by Berghoff

Credits:

Ares

FDFmod team

The_shadow

This is not a totally new Island but a re-edited Everon to make it look like a swedish/finnish Island. Most of the old CwC houses are gone. Also all trees/bushes/forest are replaced by new ones from Ares Finnish buildings pack (BETA). Idea from The_Shadow. As result it now looks like this (still work in progress shots, ground textures still need to be replaced!);

Required addons:

-Finnish buildings pack (BETA).

-FDFmod 1.3

Brg_eden06.jpg

Brg_eden05.jpg

More screenshots:

pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

I will release it soon. Possibly in 3 version;

-Summer version.

-Winter version.

-Standalone version.

And yes, I release some missions for it. crazy_o.gif

smile_o.gif

i have already tested it, and i can only say one thing... WOW!!

it´s indeed breathtaking smile_o.gif

first thing i did was grab a jeep and went on a sightseeing around the island... mor often then not it felt like it was real smile_o.gif

it feels and looks just like a remote, peaceful swedish/finnish island smile_o.gif

just the place to go camping on biggrin_o.gif

oh, and Berghoff, if it aint too much of a problem, could you make a winter version later on?

oh, and Berghoff, if it aint too much of a problem, could you make a winter version later on?

I was planning on making a Winter version aswell.

And also a seperate stand-alone version, that will not require the entire FDFmod, will look slightly different from the one with FDFmod. smile_o.gif

I was planning on making a Winter version aswell.

And also a seperate stand-alone version, that will not require the entire FDFmod, will look slightly different from the one with FDFmod. smile_o.gif

oh? great biggrin_o.gif

And also a seperate stand-alone version, that will not require the entire FDFmod, will look slightly different from the one with FDFmod.  smile_o.gif

Yeehaa! Very Cool!

Thx BergHoff!

Btw: This screens look awesome! Really impressive! wow_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Btw: This screens look awesome! Really impressive! wow_o.gif

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif Thanks to Ares for his Finnish buildings/trees pack. wink_o.gif

Bah, enough with the brownnosing and the honest opinions. I think those buildings and trees look like crap.  wink_o.gif

Bah, enough with the brownnosing and the honest opinions. I think those buildings and trees look like crap. wink_o.gif

yah, could you make a church? biggrin_o.gif

and a bus stop?

and maybe even some road signs n stuff ;) (half serious)

yah, could you make a church? biggrin_o.gif

and a bus stop?

and maybe even some road signs n stuff ;) (half serious)

Roadsigns no. Church yes. Bus stop maybe.

swedish/finnish island, hmm... Maybe something from our coastal islands? biggrin_o.gif

Hey I might do a campaign for it named "Operation Finlandia" (it's a finnish book telling a story about finnish vs. swedish modern conflict. It's a funny story) wink_o.gif

Yea, Kumlinge is a real Island near the coast of Finland. Somewhere near Helsinki if I remember correctly. smile_o.gif

Yea, Kumlinge is a real Island near the coast of Finland. Somewhere near Helsinki if I remember correctly.  smile_o.gif

Sure. About 300-400 km from Helsinki. rock.gif

Hmm, I didn't remember correctly then. But it's part of Finland ( I think crazy_o.gif =d )

this island does however have mostley swedish village names...

some names i took from actual finnish coastal villages though....

like Ömossa

but i would say around 80% of the names are swedish.. (but since most finnish villages/towns have dual names (both finnish and swedish) i dont think it´s too much of a problem really)

It looks gorgeous, are you going to remove some of the militairy bases? There are way too much now on Everon wink_o.gif

yeah, i think it´s enough with the southern base...

but remake it a little ;)

oh, and add more mailboxes and timber piles while your at it ;)

Looks stunning! Looks quite much like Norrland. biggrin_o.gif

Just a little request, don't put any names on the villages as it will be more flexible for the missionmaker without those. smile_o.gif

Very nice work. I'm looking forward to this. Everon still is my favorite island even after all these years.

Question: Are the layouts of forests and towns similar enough to the original Everon to allow for .eden missions to be quickly ported over to your island?

Looks stunning! Looks quite much like Norrland. biggrin_o.gif

Just a little request, don't put any names on the villages as it will be more flexible for the missionmaker without those. smile_o.gif

too late ;)

most names are mid and northern sweden, so Norrland is a good description of the island ;)

Question: Are the layouts of forests and towns similar enough to the original Everon to allow for .eden missions to be quickly ported over to your island?

Forest haven't changed, and some modification to the towns. It is possible that you have to move object in towns. ;)