Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

THE LOST BROTHERS ADDONPACK #2 RELEASED

Yup yup...JAM stays.  Splitting up the pbo's also helps those who want to mix and match mod addons for missions.  Like for example some people might want to just use our Egyptian addons and not the Israeli ones for their missions.  Plus as Calm Terror said, making them one PBO file would mess up the missions made currently with them.   Its just alot easier working with individual .pbo's also when it comes to updating bugs and stuff like that.  Flexibility is a good thing.  

Also the Galil 30 round magazine problem is because of JAM. The JAM magazines are 30 round magazines. Yeah not perfectly realistic, but overall I like the JAM ammo and its compatible with other mods.

As for recoil animations...I think that would look awesome for the tank guns.  But we'll see how hard it would be to implement that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yup yup...JAM stays.  Splitting up the pbo's also helps those who want to mix and match mod addons for missions. .... Flexibility is a good thing.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Glad you think so; I agree. You rock! Thanks for even thinking of those issues. I hope to see my clan playing with these addons soon, and hope to see some missions. I'm moving, so I've seen my last OFP screen for a week or two now, but you folks at Lost Brothers have given me something great to look forward to when I get back online.

I was just reading the readme and it says u guys used the bis m-60 to make teh egyptian and IDF ones.

In a future release will u use sigma's? I think they would look way better thatway.

Sig's is not much different then the BIS one just a few extra details and better textures. ours is textures are a mix of steeles and edited BIS ones.

the m60 i like is the new one being made from Sig's it is pretty nice looking..

we might seek to use soemone else but that is not sure.

we have a few other things to do first.

It'd be great if Schabernak will let you use his new M60A1. It looks like a great evolution Sig's M60.

Yeah we've been looking at his work and indeed it really looks good. But like Calm Terror mentioned, we have alot of other addons we'd like to work on and our current Magach tanks are not too bad. But later on we will definitely look at using Sigma's models and seek his permission to use them if we find enough time to work on that. Right now probably the IDF Apache, Blackhawks, and the F-16's are at the top of our list of stuff to do. Calm Terror is really doing the bulk of the work and I have to give him most of the credit as I have less and less time these days to work on the addons due to graduate studies and my job. Right now I'm looking for more addon makers and texture artists to help out. I think I found one so far, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I think he's working on the terrorist pack. Hopefully he'll be able to fix that up a bit more to take some of the workload off of Calm Terror. But we also need help on our trucks and a few other addons. Vit may also be joining us as soon as he finishes off his F119 Stealth plane addon since he's expressed interest in joining LoBo and is already is working on IDF mods. Hopefully after he finishes his current projects he's going to help us create a F-16I fighter bomber with conformal fuel tanks.

So hopefully our mod will grown and we'll get some more addon makers and texture artists to help create new addons from scratch and to take off some of the workload from Calm Terror who's been doing a fantastic job.

So anyhoo...we're going to do our best to update our addons and we'll definitely keep the M60 in mind, but we still have a ton of other stuff to do (Syrian forces, Palistinian forces, and Jordanian forces).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

BAS refuses to let anyone use their blackhawks so no we will have to use BIS's the apache A is BIS and yes we do have an apache D from BOH just we have not gotten premission to release it yet.

the F16 is based on footmunch's.

and oh I guess I should start on the Blackhawks..

oh and Miles that is an F-117 stealth "fighter" no F-119

lol

What about the USCG mod? Didnt they let them use theirs? Or could you retexture the USCG one?

I am from the USCG Mod nobody asked us if they can use our model if they wish model is in MLOD format they are free to use it wink_o.gif

Is that ok with BAS? Or is it a different model?

Our is a different model wink_o.gif

So in other words NO BAS model wink_o.gif

we were just goin to start with the BIS model.

the USCG one has no seats does it?

it would be best to use that for the Israeli Coast Guard or Egyptian Coast Guard.

might look at it later.

tho the coast guard cutter might be useful.

we were just goin to start with the BIS model.

the USCG one has no seats does it?

it would be best to use that for the Israeli Coast Guard or Egyptian Coast Guard.

might look at it later.

tho the coast guard cutter might be useful.

You can add seats to it easely  wink_o.gif

BIS model is really outdated wink_o.gif

You can feel free to use anything from USCG pack but remember some models are used from other Mod teams and solo addon makers read the readme files that came with the USCG pack and give the orginal addon makers credits in your readme  wink_o.gif

Also to LOBO Mod guys some info about BAS Blackhawks.

SelectThis said aslong as you don't edit the model you are free to retexture the BAS blackhawks and use it in your MOD or any other mod's wink_o.gif

BAS models are nice but they are mostly the SOAR SF set up.

not everyone uses that set up soooI doubt I will waste time to just retexture them

The UH-60L would be a good choise. It's the least 'SF' and is the best blackhawk currently up for download. Just change the textures to be more green and add a large V and you're done.

Great units btw. I love the israeli units. They are very nice. Only the weapons need to be looked at; the M16's are too large and the M4's are a bit small.

A very complete set of units. Now we only need a good map with some urban areas with roadblocks and borderposts ect, ect. That would rock.

the UH-60L is the verion the IAF use and in black. jsut need to add the yellow V and magen david..

um ther eis no m4's yet those are Car-15's and they are sized to the same as suchy's m4's tho i forgot to adjust the barrel it was to long. the m16 i tihnk is the same size as the BIS one not sure tho.

thanks glad you liked them

and there is the sinai to use these on.

and soon i hope to release verion 1.4 of the sinai but I am having problems with the buildings. and need help. int he new sinai I added a refugee camp for soem good action.

Pretty please use the uscg or bas blackhawks!!

It would be so cool to have an IDF blackhawk with all the repelling scripts and stuff instead of the pos bis model.

M4's, car15's, who cares tounge_o.gif

I didn't know they were scaled like EARL'S M4's. Perhaps I'm just seeing things because I used them side by side with the (too big) M16.

I like the Car15's a lot. I don't know how you did it, but they really look like the ones seen on the news. It's just so real. Good job on them!

About sinai;

It's great, but it doens't cover the more interesting (urban) areas of isreals borderline. The urban-borders at the west-bank are very intersting. These have heavily fortified border-posts and checkpoint, which make it a very interesting war-zone.

please note; I'm leaving politics out of this, because I don't think politics belong in a game. The area I discribed is just very interesting because of it's difficult terrain (urban) and the nice look of al those checkpoints.

In that case you will be thrilled by our Sinai 4.0 map. Calm Terror has done an excellent job of fortifying and improving the border areas between Israel and Egypt (and Israel and Jordan). It includes refugee camps, anti-tank ditches, fences, borders posts, ect...

So I think you will find plenty of urban combat in some of the border regions. The new city of Eliat for example will provide for a ton of possible missions simulating an Egyptian attack on Eliat or perhaps hunting down terrorists.

There are also palm trees and more small towns. There are also some early warning radar stations on various parts of the Sinai. Basically there are just alot more mission possibilities with our new map and the decrease in framerates is minimal compared to the old Sinai map.

However currently we are having some problems with some of the CATshit buildings from his Afghanistan map that we converted and stuck into our own objects pack. Some of these buildings for some reason allow you to walk through them.

If worse comes to worse I guess we'll be forced to take those buildings out, but I hope not.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow_o.gif That sounds very promising!

About the buildings; this sounds like a missing geo-LOD.

Very easy to check. Just make sure it's there and that all components are listed in the selections window

You can have O2 find these components for you and create them (Structure>Topology>Find components)

cool the find commont worked and fixed allt he deo lod issues

so now i guess it should be ready for a release..