Sign in to follow this  
Blackden

Cheat or not ?

not the few noobs that drop LST's on your head in Hexenkessel.

Read next time Mal.

Yes I know there is cheaters Mal but it is not as bad as you guys hype it up to be.

Is cheating on multiplayer that big ?

No it is just always the same few sad idiots accussing people when they can't prove anything and they only thing they can come up with is that they are cheating that is what is killing OFP multiplayer not the few noobs that drop LST's on your head in Hexenkessel.

True

Jus cuz another player is better than u doesnt mean they are cheatin. DK are the Best of the Best.

"Dont hate the playa, hate the game!" smile_o.gif

Is cheating on multiplayer that big ?

No it is just always the same few sad idiots accussing people when they can't prove anything and they only thing they can come up with is that they are cheating that is what is killing OFP multiplayer not the few noobs that drop LST's on your head in Hexenkessel.

True

Jus cuz another player is better than u doesnt mean they are cheatin. DK are the Best of the Best.

"Dont hate the playa, hate the game!" smile_o.gif

DK was good, they still got their asses handed to them in WGL matches by other squads

but, unlike RR, and RN which are the two top Tactical Squads, DK is now being boycotted, and is sufferning from it's internal decisions

now, DK "was" a fine squad, but now all that is left of it is a clan

but, unlike RR, and RN which are the two top Tactical Squads, DK is now being boycotted, and is sufferning from it's internal decisions

So now that we own both teams they call us cheaters nice.

Great tactics Mal you get owned and you call people cheaters man I never thought of that great tactic.

You are only good in your own mind.

Funny how your on RR nuts now because you guys use to call them cheaters to when Enron use to own yall now your all on there nuts because you have nobody else that believes your bull.

Yeah, and you can try to come back to the subject guys, your problems have nothing to do in my topic...

ok rock.gif

i have a question for malbeuf...

have you watched the "war on campers" video, with cain, raptor, payne and gadger playing. what do you make of this video? surely this is proff they are not cheating, its jsut skill.

omg, read the TOPIC Title !!!

Is it DK Cheat or not ?

So get out with your squads problems, or admins will close this thread and i dont want this.

If you have a question for Malboeuf PM him... its hard to understand this ?

This topic is about modified files. You no need to answer there Malboeuf, PM them.

Keep cheating accusations outside this forum and keep this on-topic.

BigRed & RN Malboeuf according to your profiles you're both adults by some distance, so imagine how much of a shock it is for me to discover you squabbling like children, in fact there are forum members on here who are legally children that display an infinite amount more maturity.

I'll try to make it simple for you, quit the squabbling, leave the thread along if you have nothing strictly on topic to contribute or find another forum to post on, because that option will be taken away from you if you don't improve the content and construction of your postings on this forum.

Sorry placebo and community It just gets so old sometimes as I'm sure us crying in here does for you.

Back to topic wink_o.gif

Blackden I would say if the map has a G36 I would worry because you can modify the ammo and make the G36 a Rocket launcher it has happened on our server before. I know it sux but make it to where know players get to play unless they pass your modified filechecker you can put this in your server welcome message. Sometimes thats the only way to be safe.

Funny how your on RR nuts now because you guys use to call them cheaters to when Enron use to own yall now your all on there nuts because you have nobody else that believes your bull.

no one ever claimed EE was a cheater, we played with EE for ever, and we love EE dude, he will tell you the same

And these files: ??

21:50:00 xxx uses modified data file - Worlds\abel.wrp

21:50:00 xxx uses modified data file - Worlds\cain.wrp

21:50:01 xxx uses modified data file - Worlds\eden.wrp

21:50:01 xxx uses modified data file - Worlds\intro.wrp

It's a possibility, but lots of people use high texture version of the islands for single player or co-op purposes.

It's a possibility, but lots of people use high texture version of the islands for single player or co-op purposes.

Yes, i think i have this message on some servers too, because i'm useing FatWombat's HighRes Textures.

edit:

Hmm, but actually, i don't have the abel.pbo, cain.pbo and eden.pbo modiefied in my worlds-folder. I have them in my modfolder/dta

Yes, i think i have this message on some servers too, because i'm useing FatWombat's HighRes Textures.

edit:

Hmm, but actually, i don't have the abel.pbo, cain.pbo and eden.pbo modiefied in my worlds-folder. I have them in my modfolder/dta

They are probably linked in someway or other to the original islands and that is what sets the filecheck off.

High Res Textures don't cause this, i am using high res textures myself. This comes from altered islands, eg removing buildings/woods etc.

to be fair, both cheats and Hi Res can cause this, the problem with the island cheats is that they can be named other files so you can scan for a file you dont know the name for, so the when you see a warp error and it's not the island you are playing on dont worry about it,

So in a sense the majority of island hacks are not detectable

as are the cases with the following pictures which known Clans have been using in squad matches, these cheats are not detectable

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat1.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat2.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat3.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat4.jpg

there is nothing at this time to fix this, it is a known fact that if you dont see stuff nore will the AI on your game, so players that seem like gods in MP and use this for leagues like FCM get killed by AI almost Instantly smile_o.gif this is due to the fact that the AI can see just as well as the cheater (less bushes and houses)

to be fair, both cheats and Hi Res can cause this

The textures for the islands are NOT in the wrp files, but in the dta\<islandname>.pbo, so changing textures does NOT alter the wrp and does NOT cause this messages. Changed wrp files means changed islands, ie (re)moved objects.

dont start to make up storys that are not real.

do you ever think that you might be ruining the whole experiense for players in MP before they even get the chanse to play it? (just by making some, everyone cheats and i´ve made screenshots using some cheat to proove it posts)

for all the newcommers in ofp, that are planing on joining up to MP. dont listen to plenty of stuff that gets by paranoia people, there are not many cheaters out there and i wouldent think anyone would be so stupid to try one when we are on our third year playing this game non-stop

stop trying to ruin other ppls chanse to join up into the MP malboeuf by saying that "which known Clans have been using in squad matches"

blackden, well we all know that russian squads and other have different files. but this can actually be fixed by downloading like a euro files of the game from a friend (think that holms did this and it worked fine)

other than that, if players have a mod file. it can be harmless but yet again it can be anything, and dont go and jump conclusions now. it might be the filechecker which is not working alright so get ur info straight before you start shouting out stuff

there is no reason to be so paranoia, we have played the same maps for about 3 years now, the same hexenkessels, the same drop zones, the same little everon. sooner or later you get good at a map just by playing it.

but remember its not how you remember the maps or not. its about how you move that is the key

sorry for the bit offtopic post but i am getting real tired when a guy like this goes on and posts "which known Clans have been using in squad matches" when we know that the MP community is shrinking by the minute...

RaptoR

to be fair, both cheats and Hi Res can cause this, the problem with the island cheats is that they can be named other files so you can scan for a file you dont know the name for, so the when you see a warp error and it's not the island you are playing on dont worry about it,

So in a sense the majority of island hacks are not detectable

as are the cases with the following pictures which known Clans have been using in squad matches, these cheats are not detectable

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat1.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat2.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat3.jpg

http://roughnecks.org/images/malboeuf/cheat4.jpg

there is nothing at this time to fix this, it is a known fact that if you dont see stuff nore will the AI on your game, so players that seem like gods in MP and use this for leagues like FCM get killed by AI almost Instantly smile_o.gif this is due to the fact that the AI can see just as well as the cheater (less bushes and houses)

Hi all

Simple solution then follows from this one put an AI (one per side) inside such a Building on the battle field. Call it a Refbot register kills to the refbot via a script an M2 is probably the best weapon for a RefBot.

Kind Regards Walker

Raptor, its not paranoia...

The problem is all these messages on my server, even my filechecker is bad and i want know if they are clean or not, you see, nothing else.

And i u still think that cheaters are not in this game, dont forget to send your letter to santa klaus. ;)

of course there will always be cheaters in every game, even tetris. but it is an overstatement to say that they are everywere when many many dodgy things can be explain so easily

i really appriciate that you download cheats and see how they work to try and stop them, but this should be done only by a few, ie league admins or a team (this idea has been presented many times, but it has just ran through the sand)

"Raptor, its not paranoia..." my post was mainly aimed at mal, most of his statements about players of this game are made from paranoia thought and you have to agree with me on that.

personal i think it's getting worse.

Every 4th CTI game gets to an end cause someone is using cheats.

Im not speaking about some players with really high scores (which are maybe also cheating...), im speaking about cheats like

"Driving a Scud over the island", "Firing like 3-4 Mortar rounds at your base 5 Minutes after the game starts", "Discovering your Base after 2 Minutes" etc.

Especially in CTI games this is VERY annoying when these or other cheats happen after 2 hours of gaming....

So i think its not paranoia to say that the OFP Cheater Prpblem is getting worse...

To give you some numbers: since our new server is running we had 6334 different ids connecting. We had 17 ids using the "ofp supercheat" and we had 23 using fake (overlong) ids (most of which were already part of the supercheat players), 7 ids using trainer executables and 8 ids using wireframe hack. So 32/6334=0.51% of the players cheated on our server. That is one in 198 players. Only one member of our clan ever saw those cheats in action and that was on a different server. Everyone else never actually witnessed a cheater ingame, although we play mostly cti in our games.

There are cheats for ofp, there are people that use them, but those are a little minority. And you can't detect each and every cheat, but good checkfiles keep away most of the cheats. That is why it is important for admins to pool their knowledge, so that cheats get detected before they disrupt the game and that no false accusations are being made to eg players with a different language version of ofp. Being paranoid about cheats doesn't help anybody, you would be better off playing singleplayer.

I can't speak for league games, as we are a public servers and do not play in any league, but i guess every GOOD league should have no problems with cheaters either. I know there ARE problems, but i think those could be dealt with. There are more than only technical solutions to this problem. Leagues that have problems with cheaters will have other problems too.

to be fair, both cheats and Hi Res can cause this

The textures for the islands are NOT in the wrp files, but in the dta\<islandname>.pbo, so changing textures does NOT alter the wrp and does NOT cause this messages. Changed wrp files means changed islands, ie (re)moved objects.

the problem is dont seem to understand the fact that not all mod makers leave other files alone which set off the checks