Sign in to follow this  
edejl

Absailing

Are there any absailing addons out there? Like the one BAS made for their choppers but for buildings? It is a quick way of gaining entry into a building, from the roof. It would be good to use it with the SAS addons out there.

Do you mean the "rope-insertation"?

Afaik Operation Frenchpoint's "Puma" has this option, too.

You can get this addon here (OFrP Air pack v2.0 [31.3 MB])

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

I think he means without a chopper. Like a grappling hook. AFAIK there are none. A grappling hook would be pretty cool though. Or a folding ladder you can carry. The latter (pun not intended) would not be hard to script.

Abseilling (or rapelling if you're American) and fast-roping aren't really the same thing. When you abseil, you're attached to the rope with a harness and can control your descent. When you fast-rope, you just tend to fall out of the helicopter really fast hanging onto the rope. Sort of like a fireman's pole, but made of rope and hanging from a helicopter.

I've wanted vertical cliff-faces and the ability to abseil down them in OFP for ages, but since you can't have proper vertical landscape in OFP, I'll just have to wait for OFP2 and pray.

You can get very close to vertical though. Look at the cliffs at the North of Nogova, you could abseil down those.

Yeah I mean to 'rope down' from the roof of a building. Silently sneak onto the roof. Abseil down onto a balcony, blow the window and you're in...in a flash.

That would be cool!

I think he means without a chopper. Like a grappling hook. AFAIK there are none. A grappling hook would be pretty cool though. Or a folding ladder you can carry. The latter (pun not intended) would not be hard to script.

Oh, ok.

So sorry for the "wrong info"

Yeah I mean to 'rope down' from the roof of a building. Silently sneak onto the roof. Abseil down onto a balcony, blow the window and you're in...in a flash.

That would be cool!

Yep, that woud be definitly very cool!

I just had a look for when they abseiled down the Iranian Embassy in 1980 but I couldn't find any.

There need to be some more, really good SAS addons which are amazing and have special feautres etc cos after all, they're the best in the world!

I have seen a script on OFP.info  ,it was from some guy from Battle over Hokaido mod , looked pretty nice...   can't find it ATM now, but it's there.

you mean this ? wink_o.gif

I just had a look for when they abseiled down the Iranian Embassy in 1980 but I couldn't find any.

There need to be some more, really good SAS addons which are amazing and have special feautres etc cos after all, they're the best in the world!

SAS

There they are. Would be cool to see something like that in OFP.

Yeah there are no good, detailed SAS out there, apart from SASR. I wonder why?

Anyone wanna make abseiling down buildings?

I have seen a script on OFP.info  ,it was from some guy from Battle over Hokaido mod , looked pretty nice...   can't find it ATM now, but it's there.

you mean this ?  wink_o.gif

lol thats what i meant as well lmao

I have seen a script on OFP.info ,it was from some guy from Battle over Hokaido mod , looked pretty nice... can't find it ATM now, but it's there.

you mean this ? wink_o.gif

what makes you think that? offcourse not! mad_o.gif

thanks for finding it m8 , installed it this time... could be fun smile_o.gif