Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

I'm interested in moving to Canada..

So what I basically want to know is, where is the most "black people friendly" area in Canada. Like they sell all the black style of clothing and stuff because I take great care in dressing urban and I don't want to move to the middle of nowhere wearing generic stuff. I heard of a rapper from Toronto named Kardinall Offishall, so is that a good area for someone like me to live and still stay hip? Other than that, whats the first place I need to stop on my way there? Perhaps some place to sleep then in the morning become a citizen somewhere? I want to go there because of the free medicare. I'm sick of going broke everytime I get sick.

So what I basically want to know is, where is the most "black people friendly" area in Canada.  Like they sell all the black style of clothing and stuff because I take great care in dressing urban and I don't want to move to the middle of nowhere wearing generic stuff.  I heard of a rapper from Toronto named Kardinall Offishall, so is that a good area for someone like me to live and still stay hip?  Other than that, whats the first place I need to stop on my way there?  Perhaps some place to sleep then in the morning become a citizen somewhere?  I want to go there because of the free medicare.  I'm sick of going broke everytime I get sick.

I am sure that you can wear the clothes you like in any place of the world. Even if you would move to my small town in Sweden people wouldn't take any notice to what you wear.

I've heared that Toronto is one of the finest cities in North America and it's propably as multicultural as any big city in the US. Here's a link you might wanna check out. You will propably need to get a job first before you are allowed to move to Canada and live a few years there until you are allowed to change you citizenship.

I've often said if Bush gets reelected I'm moving to Canada. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'd want to go to Vancouver, though.

THE STATISTICS ON BLACK CRIME IN TORONTO

· Since 1996, 125 black youths have been killed in Toronto at the hands of other black youths. Average age is 26.

· 45 per cent of Toronto’s black community lives below the poverty line. In single-parent homes, that rate is as high as 60 per cent.

· Unemployment in Toronto’s black community is at 20 per cent (2-3 times higher than the city average).

http://www.cbc.ca/witness/silence/crime.html

I hear St. John's Newfoundland is really nice this time of year. biggrin_o.gif

A place for black people to stay hip? Hmm, Toronto seems like your best bet, followed by montreal. However the best citty appears to be Vancouver...

Hellfish, pack. wink_o.gif

@Lluama: I know I can dress how I want anywhere, its just that I want to be able to purchase decent urban clothing and music and adult swim dvds and all that cool stuff I like and I know I can't in the "backwoods" so I was looking for a good urban community.  I heard that Vancouver is my best bet so I'll look into going there or if not then Montreal.  Based on how bad blacks are doing in Toronto, I think I'll stay away from there.  They sound like they need an exodus.

Edit: @bn880: What makes Vancouver the best right now? Are you sure its hip as far as merchandise goes? I could care less about the club scene, thats expensive just to dance too, hell no. I'm not into that.

From what I hear, Vancouver is like the Amsterdam of the western hemisphere. wink_o.gif

As I'm too old for that now, though, I am looking forward to the climate and the environment around it. Mountains and coastline... oh yeah. smile_o.gif

I'm just tired of everybody wanting money, but when it comes to me having money to actually spend, they won't hire me. It's always like that, but I'll figure it out. I'm not screaming racism or nothing, but the last time I got a job, I had to get a white man to do the talking for me and then I got hired. I'm very clean cut looking except for some minor facial hair which I refuse to shave because black people get hair bumps when we shave due to our coarse and very short and curly hair which curls into the skin when cut close (on the face at least) and then grows under the skin and hurts like a b*tch to pop and pull the hair out and wipe away the puss and come to work with a bleeding face and blah blah blah. So I want a job that doesn't make me shave. I feel like I'm stuck here though in cozy and hot Phoenix Metro Area. I just gotta pray God makes a way for me because the way I see it, I won't be in the lap of my moms luxury forever. The career I'm persuing though is hip hop so I definitely need an urban area. Toronto may be that, but hell, if they ain't giving them no jobs down there, what am I going to go there looking for work for then? Straight up. I'd love to live in Canada though. Relaxed atmosphere, free medical, thats what I'm talking about. I'll just deal with the cold, but if that weather makes me sick every year then I'll come back to the desert.

Umm, emigrating is quite a big thing, true it's not very different. US to Canada is only about +10 IQ however still it's not something I would ask about on a public game forum. You can get all that consumer shit in almost all first world cities, you just need to know where to look, go fucking move there and find out if you like it instead of looking on the internet. This just seems like a really stupid topic to me.

Umm, emigrating is quite a big thing, true it's not very different. US to Canada is only about +10 IQ however still it's not something I would ask about on a public game forum. You can get all that consumer shit in almost all first world cities, you just need to know where to look, go fucking move there and find out if you like it instead of looking on the internet. This just seems like a really stupid topic to me.

Sheesh just let the man ask his questions...

We're here to help eachother out, not to bitch about how 'horrible' some topics are...

I'd visit first, but asking on the forums for suggestions on where to visit is a good start, especially if you know relatively nothing of the area.

Refugees emigrate. It's slightly war based. Now I have a better idea of where to check this out though.

I hear St. John's Newfoundland is really nice this time of year.  biggrin_o.gif

Actually, it is! I lived there for my first two years in Canada, and except for it being very windy in winter (yet never reaching -30 Celcius as opposed to here in Ontario) it is very nice weatherwise, plus I could see glaciers foating by out of my clasroom window, and could go whale watching at Signal Hill. I also remember seeing the Snowbirds flying around quite a lot. We ultimately came to Ontario because there were no jobs to be found in Newfoundland.

Anyways, anywhere i've been in Canada has been very culturally diverse, and myself, I'll take a nice "small and quiet" city like St John's or Ottawa over Toronto any time smile_o.gif.

So you plan on moving and working. I suppose you've also checked into the immigrations laws and such so you can work there legally, or do you plan to renounce your US citizenship and plead political asylum? That would make things easier...

If you're looking for dope, Vancouver is the place to be. That's the primary point of entry for hard stuff from Asia and bc bud for the US west coast, so reducing the number of middle men will result in lower costs to the consumer.

If you wish to walk around town looking like a billboard for a walking laundry pile, you can do your shopping online, but bere in mind that you may get hit with import taxes and other different tax structures.

Some of the roads near the borders are marked in KM and MPH, I don't know about the rest of the place. Outside of Vancouver and such though, western Canada runs a lot more conservative than eastern Canada, so you may want to look east.

Regardless of which side you flee to, remember it gets cold in the winter, and the sun sets a lot earlier too. It can affect the mood swings of some people, and coming from Arizona may be a bit rough. There's cold, then there's ex-girlfriend cold, then theres "good gosh almighty, all Canada's froze over"-cold.

Find me a job. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

If I could I would, believe me. smile_o.gif Depends on what your profession is, you should be able to find decent work especially if it's not in Hi-tech stuff... I guess that's a problem.

come to britain lmao, very nice hip hop cutlure here.. well from where i live there is.. I like hip hop and all, got lots of nice gear as well.. i have thought of canada to vist because of its nice landscape and i think its called bear country (correct me if im wrong please lmao) .. looks very nice..

very nice hip hop cutlure here..

Can you point me in its direction, away from this damn ghost town?

@ Munk: lol   biggrin_o.gif

I can get two pairs of Reverb jeans in Arizona for 55 american dollars on sale.  A name brand T-shirt either from Sean John or Timberland or Echo Unltd. would cost me around twenty to thirty dollars.  Let's say I moved to England or Canada, what would it cost me then?  How much is minimum wage?  What are hours like?

Edit: Weed is the last thing on my mind. I just hope I don't get pneumonia or something or get sick like i used to really bad when I lived on the East coast.

I'd say if prizes for clothes from certain brands are more important to you than possible employment chances (or did I miss your questions about those?), then forget about emigrating. Rather try to move inside your own country. Immigration laws usually expect you to have a job contract before you get the right to stay... And I don't think Canada would accept you as a political refugee (they would probably if you were a deserter from the US military, tho).

@ Joltan: lol. Political refugee status in order to get a free stay in another country and set up with a job? Is that possible? Man, i'd hate to leave forever. America isn't that bad. I just would like an easier life with all the comforts accessible that i left behind. It wouldn't have to be another country but if it were I ....I don't know guys. I guess I would miss America too much. You know what. Count me out. I love America. The gangs. Rudeness. Bad food. I'll take it all. God Bless America!! Sniff sniff, close the thread. Close the thread, dude. Sniff sniff. sad_o.gif God bless America.

I've often said if Bush gets reelected I'm moving to Canada.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'd want to go to Vancouver, though.

Vancouver is great - Hellfish6, you can't go wrong if you manage to find work.  You could be a playtester for EA?  I saw their new building for the first time yesterday, when I went downtown for dinner.  It's decent, waterfront location isn't too bad.

If you're looking for dope, Vancouver is the place to be. That's the primary point of entry for hard stuff from Asia and bc bud for the US west coast, so reducing the number of middle men will result in lower costs to the consumer.

Hey - by hard stuff from Asia, you mean hardware like motherboards and video cards and stuff?  Because you can't beat the prices of those Asian outlets like Atic and Anitec.  tounge_o.gif