Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

OPF altitude limit?

What version?

I'm not sure, I know that I flew a lot with the SU25, when it was just available. So I think 1.20 or 1.46

I remember flying a SU25 in OFP, I flew til 40000 feet, and stil going up. I stopped because I got boring.

40000 feet is less than 13.5km... I think it's pretty close to 12km.

I always thought that OFP used meters instead of feet. That's the point.

*|puts on hendrix|* ....s'kuz me while i kiss the sky  biggrin_o.gif

[ig]http://tootallinc.atwar.net/images/kissthesky.jpg[/img]

about 0.3 seconds after that pic i burst into flames and dieded  smile_o.gif

Hmmm...Shouldn't there not be any clouds that high? rock.gif I have llama's sky pack and after 6000 meters the clouds disappear below you. Is that not a game thing just a mod addtion?

Hmmm...Shouldn't there not be any clouds that high? rock.gif I have llama's sky pack and after 6000 meters the clouds disappear below you. Is that not a game thing just a mod addtion?

The moving clouds dissappear with Keg's sky too but as he has textured clouds you will see them no matter how high you go. My cloudy sky has no textured clouds which gives you a blue sky on 6000m as you said.

I easily reached the 14KM ceiling yesterday with SFM's SU27. Then G-d smacked me silly back to earth. wow_o.gif

That's cool, I love that effect. Flying past 6000 and you get that deep blue sky. Really nice.

personaly i find it dull and boring (no offense) thats why i switched back to keg's sky + max night sky + unsung stormy sky smile_o.gif

avon: isnt it fun just pointing her straight up full afterburner and only using the joystick to make minor course adjustments as u watch the alt number grow faster and faster? smile_o.gif

avon: isnt it fun just pointing her straight up full afterburner and only using the joystick to make minor course adjustments as u watch the alt number grow faster and faster?  smile_o.gif

No.

tounge_o.gif

awww come on, you know you love having 14000 pounds of thrust behind you pushing you higher and higher into the sky until... that...one...final.... moment... when you just cry out.... double-u tee eff crazy_o.gif why did i just explode in mid air for no reason at all!? tounge_o.gif

have i ever mentioned your a brat? tounge_o.gif

PS: no this wasnt a sexualy based comment above, it was jokingly made to look that way at first glance so dont pr me tounge_o.gif

i got high with the F-177. it is fast and hard to stop when going up.

but it is very high to go. 36,0000 i belive is close

Do you mean 36,000? I think you have too many zero's biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

/must be playing on a 50 inch plasma tv

rock.gif

I recall playing around with WEP, I had the F4U at over 14,000 m high and 16,000 kph and it exploded.Must be around 14,500m like Pappy also encountered

Quote[/b] ]why did i just explode in mid air for no reason at all!?

Confirmed bug kill: both drag and lift forces became negative when above 13000 m, with magnitude increasing the higher above 13000 you were able to get. This resulted in unstable simulation.

Bug will be fixed in the sequel. Until then, as a safety precaution, fly low and slow. smile_o.gif

Bug will be fixed in the sequel.

No limits? Star Trek mods will be able to take us to other solar systems at warp 9 speed?

Quote[/b] ]Until then, as a safety precaution, fly low and slow.

SAM bait. ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]No limits?

Not really - the jet engine will still produce zero thrust above that altitude, and there will be no lift to keep you up there, but nothing will cause the plane to explode and it will continue flying on balistic curve.

... and I have forgotten to add:

- most of the all, it is quite likely the Earth will be still flat, which makes orbital maneuvers quite difficult. smile_o.gif

what is the top speed that you can reach when chasing down to mother earth again?

try the JASDF_F2 with full afterburner...its scary, the view distance on my pc isnt enough to correct flight path in time ghostface.gif

A question for plane addon makers, is there any speed limit when you're building a plane? Is it possible to make a SR71 (Cold War recon plane), that can fly 4000km/h? Not that it would be useful, but it would be fun to fly with 4000km/h over Nogova.

You would cross Novaga in like 7 seconds. Whats the fun in that? You would just be flying over water all the time. But it would be interesting.... wink_o.gif

A question for plane addon makers, is there any speed limit when you're building a plane? Is it possible to make a SR71 (Cold War recon plane), that can fly 4000km/h? Not that it would be useful, but it would be fun to fly with 4000km/h over Nogova.

Under the bridge at 4000 km/h........now that would be fun. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]00RedBaron Posted on Oct. 27 2004,20:18

is there any speed limit when you're building a plane? Is it possible to make a SR71 (Cold War recon plane), that can fly 4000km/h?

I put a Hyper Drive script onto Philcommando's X-Wing.

I think I got into the 3's before the thing disintergrated possibly coz I hit the ceiling height - dunno.

Handled like a frizbee, not very responsive.