Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

SQL, PHP & Photoshop help

Hi guys, wondering if someone could help me out?

I need to learn more about some specific IT topics, for my job and personally. I’ll list the topics below, and if anyone knows any good online tutorials, or books to buy, let me know, either here or by PM.

I’ll lock this thread after about 48 hours or so.  wink_o.gif

Cheers, Fubar

> PHP

> SQL

> Photshop

www.google.com biggrin_o.gif

if you want to mess around with it, if you are using windows you can get easyphp which comes with apache mysql and php all configured and easy for windoze types smile_o.gif.

Generally i find it easyer to just search for solutions for a specfic problem or task u wish to complete than just searching for collections of documentation.

Hi guys, wondering if someone could help me out?

I need to learn more about some specific IT topics, for my job and personally. I’ll list the topics below, and if anyone knows any good online tutorials, or books to buy, let me know, either here or by PM.

I’ll lock this thread after about 48 hours or so.  wink_o.gif

Cheers, Fubar

> PHP

> SQL

> Photshop

If you have any questions about photoshop feel free to ask me, MSN = Supah@chaotic.nl smile_o.gif

I find this a very good site for photoshop when I'm bored  smile_o.gif

If there is anything else, it's of course google

Cheers

EDIT: Think there is some PHP tutorial links on that page too.

i know some php and mysql, but no expert. I know querys, granting permissions, create delete tables/databases, and update, but with php only the basics and a little bit of mysql interaction stuff.

I suggest you buy some good beginner books for PHP and (My?)SQL and at least for PHP a good function reference book. Books are really better than online tutorials IMHO. Unfortunatly I only know german books. Plus they're a bit outdated now.

I just found a book on Photoshop.

How to Use Adobe Photoshop 6

Visulley in Full Color

I think I picked it up at a borders books shop wink_o.gif

Google can help smile_o.gif

Select any one of them, its fairly easy if you are the kind of person that can sit down, pick up a book and learn a language within a week or so.

Same ;)

I'm not lazy, I just don't know any good tutorials, but one of them should be amongst the above two links smile_o.gif

Q: What kind of Photoshop do you got? Photoshop 6,7, CS?

Just curious smile_o.gif

Personally, I use Ulead Photoimpact 6.0, but my employer wants me to brush up my Photoshop, because they are about to buy Photoshop CS (I think) for some of the office PCs.

I'm assuming a lot of the skills I've learned in Photoimpact will carry over to Photoshop - mainly basic stuff like compression, effects, brightness contrast, resize etc.

The closest I've come to SQL training is a fair knowledge of MS Access (a bit rusty now), and no PHP at all (I know basic HTML).

Anyway, thanks all for the replies, I'll check them out as soon as I get a chance.

If you have any more advice for me, please feel free to PM me - I'd appreciate it. I'm locking the thread now - I don't want people to think we mods get special Offtopic privileges tounge_o.gif