Sign in to follow this  
Monodo

Good jungle forest needed!

Well, im making a vietnam enviroment and i need some decent forest for it! I figured out that BAS`s is not good cause all trees are the same and are placed in lines; Unsung trees (the one taken from battlefield) are too bright.

So, i need u to tell me what forests are nice and can be used for vietnam enviroment! PLZ HELP! i cant find

I see some of u are talking about Fishkopp's forests (what i saw, they are really nice tounge_o.gif ). where can i get them? I searched eveything and i cant find them.

I tryed to make a forest from single trees, but i made 1/4 of island and the object count was over 160000, and it lagged like hell when flying with chopper!

Fishkopps one where made for Conflic zone mindenao IIRC. Other trees are SEB Ilo ilo island trees and grass and rice paddys and huts.

Thats all i can think off.

ABout the ... forests or my Jungle enviroment pack tounge_o.gif ... it´s still in development ...

[ig]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/qw1.jpg[/img]>100kb

[ig]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/qw2.jpg[/img]>100kb

[mg]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/qw3.jpg[/img]>100kb

[ig]http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/qw4.jpg[/img]>100kb

Well i hope it will be finished soon tounge_o.gif (especialy im interesting on what i see on 4th pic!)

So am i! BTW would that be the Nightstalker US SF Ghillie Suited Op your using tounge_o.gif I can tell by the nomex gloves biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow, this pack will be the best jungle plant pack!

biggrin_o.gif cant wight also its looks great..

....just think about a huey landing in a forest clearing like in we were soliders now that will look so cool biggrin_o.gif ....just to ask will the ai be able to see you throw the trees and bushes?

omfg nephilim! NICE! I hope u`ll relese this soon!

hint: make the water darker and u need better textures for it!

Well as it's a jungle island it doesn't have to be that big maybe the same size as the BIS desert island and with a few LZ's. So that should keep the lag down.

the size s 12,8x12,8km.

i have 12-15fps where there is a lot of forest and i fly the chopper. there are more fps when i walk in the jungle. (i also had opened Winamp, wrpedit, odol_explorer and opera when running operation flashpoint), so i think that real fps on my comp should be around 20-25. (visibility=1000, terrian detail=high).

my configuration is athlon 2400xp, 512mb ddr, radeon 9000.

BUT when i tryed the island in ofp i also had opened Winamp, wrpedit, odol_explorer and opera!

hmm i have fps count like on nogova when i pay this map

25-30 fps or faster (depends on my setviewdistance)

teh water is already made darker and has his own reflections

see? and its static so there will be some cool swamp action

http://uploads.the-spectrum.org/reflections%20on%20static%20water.jpg

and there will be a couple of some high polished floors aswell biggrin_o.gif

does reflections work with dark green water? i tryed some other water textures and the reflecions work only on default ones!

if its not too much trouble, i have an idea that would make your vietnam map the best one out. Make it so that the buildings when they take on too much damage, catch on fire, then burn to ashes. Its much better than a destroyed model in ofp.

erm

how long would that take? 1-2 hrs? besides it would cause

fps decrease due to excessive drop use......

woud be nice but it can be implementetd another way i guess

it just takes too much time

noticed the reflection??

yeah!  wow_o.gif

OFPforum, you're on!  biggrin_o.gif

(this could be a funny little mod...)

it would probably the weirdest mod ever  tounge_o.gif

*starts thinking about how to script it....*

eeeer, forget it  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

anyways, myea, those reflections rule! biggrin_o.gif

Oh, i forgot to tell: this map will be made for my campaign (and will be released with it if i`ll have the will to finish it)

it wont be something special, but i need to make my own cause no other maps dont have the right terrian and jungle (il trang valley freom seb nam 2 is good terrian but the jungle is crazy_o.gif )

so the terrian is a little modified il trang (seb nam 2), textures are the ones from nogova, and forest will probably be from BAS.