Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Getting CTD's !

I have been having CTD's in a mission i am making on the Sinai island courtesy of the LOBO mod and i am using quite a few addons in it but i keep on getting a CTD as soon as i try to preview the mission , it shows up for 1-2 sec and then bam desktop.

I fail to understand why? I have used even more addons before in missions so that cant be the problem can it?Or has it got something to do with some specific addon?

Here is my RPT file reading:

Can anyone diagnose this? sad_o.gif

Hmmmm

Well, after reading this report I'm pretty sure that it's got something to do with the missions description.ext . . .

j/k smile_o.gif

I don't have a clue what that report means, but I had this problem quite a few times when there was some error in my description.ext. So try deleting/debugging it, maybe that solves your problem.

Please don't post your rpt file on the forums, for one it makes the thread look like crap and hard to read, for another there is virtually zero chance that it will tell anyone what the problem is (outside of those who're supposed to be able to understand them).

Start with the basics, have you added any new addons lately? If so remove them and see if you CTD, try removing all addons other than official ones and see if you CTD, changed your hardware lately?

is it an immediate CTD or one of the slow CTD's that keeps your system hostage for about 5 minutes?

I have been getting CTD's of the latter type whilst editing on huge islands (in my case: Tonal) as well

Hmm ok placebo.

Heres my desc.ext i dont think anythings wrong with it rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]onLoadIntroTime = false;

onLoadMissionTime = false;

showCompass=1;

showGPS=1;

showMap=1;

showNotepad=1;

showWatch=1;

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={Sting, stupify, resident};

class Sting

{

name = "";

sound[] = {\music\Sting.ogg, db+30, 1.0};

};

class stupify

{

name = "";

sound[] = {\music\stupify.ogg, db+30, 1.0};

};

class resident

{

name = "";

sound[] = {\music\resident.ogg, db+30, 1.0};

};

};

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {"33v22","33v29","Azan2"};

class 33v22

{

name = "33v22";

sound[] = {\sound\33v22.ogg, db+10, 1.0};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class 33v29

{

name = "33v29";

sound[] = {\sound\33v29.ogg, db+00, 1};

titles[] =

{

};

};

class Azan2

{

name = "Azan2";

sound[] = {\sound\Azan2.ogg, db+40, 1};

titles[] =

{

};

};

};

And i have added a few addons recently but its not them this mission in particular has been giving me troubles right from the word go. I DONT KNOW what it could be , the main addons are:

Catshits afghan island

Sinai island by LOBO (thats what i am using this isle inturn requires afghan isle for some textures and buildings)

BAS's Tonals objects

UCEs ME resistance peeps

Some mapfacts thingys

Bradleys

Mosque addon by BKM

A few objects from OP farmland

I guess that just covers em all up.

None of those addons are faulty ive played with them all before but when i use them in a combo in this mission it refuses to play crazy_o.gif , its driving me nuts this was one good mission and i WANT IT T WORK.