Sign in to follow this  
Locke@Germany

New Addon

Did you try alt+tab? I found this problem on both of the addons.To check if its working what I did was go into mission editor loaded up a helicopter and a motorbike and just shined the lights on the bike towards the helicopter nose you can see a difference at the way the light hits the nose.Hope this helps.

Light? What light? I thought that ugly static flash object will disappear - that can be seen front of the gun - when a vehicle fires at night. rock.gif

no You still get the muzzle flash but it also lights up more inside, it does this moreso with locke's addon.I think your overlooking what the mod does, it works as a highlighter and that is where the quality of the mod can be seen.The way light hits vehicles etc.:)

To put it simply, those modifications add "Specular lighting" and a few other lighting parameters to some textures to give them more realism in the way lighting is rendered on the volumes.

(more like they actually are made of different materials with different specular properties and not just dull mapped textures).

Sorry for my complain but

I don't get any change on this addon...

I just put it in my OFP/AddOns folder and checked

H&L is on..

Also I've tried alt-tab thing but nothing has changed without any other mods..

What am I wrong with it?? sad_o.gif

which mod did you try?Lockes or lupus's one?Remember the highlighting isnt madly in your face, as I pointed out in a previous post.Try loading mission editor and just put a helicopter in and a bike or somthing, then shine light onto the heli.You will see like a sheen over the raised areas and when close a change in colour giving a more realistic look happens with lupus's version.Lockes has more of the vibrant yellow colour when firing a gun from the heli which will light up the door panels and inside like in the screenies he posted.First though I would look at how the light works without the addon then load the same test mission again with the light mod on to notice those subtle but effective changes!I hope this can help you in some way.Any other ideas guys? smile_o.gif

i dont know for locke's but with my modification one vehicle where it's quite noticeable is the regular bis AH64.

In the editor, set the weather to the max (sunny)

set the time so that it's dawn (red ambient light)

and shoot the preview... fly the ah64 and turn your view around with the commander view... if you notice nothing then it's definitely not working.

Remember, you need Hardware T&L to be ON.

Works great on COMBAT! Hummwv's and other vehicals equiped with heavy machineguns, its much better to look at a hind engaging ground targets at night now biggrin_o.gif .

I tried BOTH of 'em for about six hours.

It just same as before.

I read all posts in this thread and tried everything that

you mentioned it.

Unfortunately nothing has changed...

Looks like to me it's my hardware issue cuz I have an old one.

I'll give up now..

anyway thank you for your help @bromine, @Lupus

I think this kind of addon is a great improvement for OFP!

Keep up your good work smile_o.gif

Tried lots of things, installed to res/addons and normal addons oflder, tried the alt tabbing, and mae sure HWT&L is on. still nothing sad_o.gif

I have to ask - how the bloody hell do you get a mere addon file to change the default units' lighting? Wouldn't you need to replace the files that handles the lighting or something?

it should work as is, but maybe some mod config could override the settings.

One solution to test out would be as i did, make a mod called @lps (for instance) , an "addons" folder in it and put the pbo in there.

Now use @lps as your last loaded mod in the shortcut so that you're sure that nothing will override it.

Alt-tab might still be needed in MP after respawning on a new island.