Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

Bonds Hits 700!

Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants hit his 700th career homerun tonight biggrin_o.gif!  I got to go to the game and everyone was jumping up & down spilling beer everywhere tounge_o.gif.  He is only the 3rd player to ever reach the 700-HR plateau.  He only need 15 HRs to have more than Babe Ruth and 56 to have the most homerun in the history of MLB.  Congrats Barry!

a9KMCFTj.jpg

BTW, sorry if this is too off-topic wink_o.gif....

A Finnish hockeyteam Jokerit won a finnish hockeyteam HIFK 2 days ago!!

So what

tounge_o.gif

EDIT; when I saw the title, I thought its something about James Bond.

So what?? So what?? Ok, lets think about this. Baseball has been played in America since what...late 1800s? Only 2 other people (maybe 3 is you include Josh Gibson) have EVER hit 700 homeruns...in over 100 years!

This topic is mainly for Americans I guess, since I suppose europeans don't normally follow baseball...Just as Americans don't follow rugby or cricket or anything tounge_o.gif.

Congrats to Bonds. I wonder why it didn't he didn't get nearly as much publicity when he broke McGuire's home run record as McGuire did. Maybe their should be a sports thread in Offtopic encompassing all sports stuff.

smile_o.gif

He didn't get the publicity McGwire got because when McGwire broke the record, it hadn't been broken in 40+ years. Bonds brke it like 2-4 years after McGwire did it, so it wasn't like he was breaking a 50 year long record or something. But 71 homeruns in 1 season is quite an accomplishment smile_o.gif. And 700 in a career....more than quite an accomplishment tounge_o.gif.

What happened to the ball? did anyone catch it? did that one guy who bought out half the seats get what he deserved? (nothing tounge_o.gif )

Let's see, my topic on fighting was off topic, yet barry bonds is on topic. Which was more close to war? Not much I can do about it, but I see how things are. I still got my answer. Carry on.

Hmm I thought you were saying that the ages of all actors who plays Bond adds up to 700 crazy_o.gif

First person to answer the question as to the combined age of all actors who have played Bond in "official" James Bond movies will lose a warning level if they have one biggrin_o.gif

Maybe "hooahman" is in the club.

Or maybe people should worry about their own posting and leave the moderating to the moderators.

surprisingly at 2 minutes to 7am on a Saturday I was asleep, it doesn't hurt too much to leave this open for a little while, after all baseball is an international sport, they have a World Series and everything smile_o.gif

Have "we" lost the way?

Its getting beyond a joke.

You guys were allowed to discuss that european soccer tournament a while ago, so I see no reason why we can't discuss an american sports event rock.gif. And no, I'm not "in". I only know placebo and thats through asking him a few questions through PMs tounge_o.gif.

Anyways, I odn't know who caught the ball. I was too far away to see if anyone caught it or if they were still fighting over it tounge_o.gif.

A guy caught the ball on the "fly" there was no fighting over it. It was showed on Sportscenter this morning. I am not a Giants fan but i tip my cap to Barry Bonds for doing something only 2 other major leaguers have done in the 100+ years of baseball.

Having said that i still think Babe Ruth was the greatest baseball player ever. If he didnt spend his first 5 years as a superior pitcher he would have had at least 100 more homers than he ended up with.

Isn't baseball great? and now when you see all the players coming from places like Japan, Korea and even Australia (besides all the ones from Latin American countries) it is truly an international sport.

they have a World Series and everything smile_o.gif

Yeah but it's only American teams in the world series rock.gif

Hmm I thought you were saying that the ages of all actors who plays Bond adds up to 700  crazy_o.gif

First person to answer the question as to the combined age of all actors who have played Bond in "official" James Bond movies will lose a warning level if they have one  biggrin_o.gif

Sean Connery - Born August 25, 1930 - 74

George Lazenby - Born Sept. 5, 1939 - 65

Roger Moore - Born October 14, 1927 - 76

Timothy Dalton - Born March 21, 1944 - 60

Pierce Brosnan - Born May 16, 1953 - 51

Total combined ages - 326

So i guess my warning level is -1 now? tounge_o.gif

But the players come from all over the "World"

American teams filled with South Americans, Asians, Americans (duh tounge_o.gif), and many more...They have players from all over the world in baseball these days wink_o.gif.

Well. You showed me. Be prepard for my AFL grand final tread next week. Depends on whos wins this week smile_o.gif

American teams filled with South Americans, Asians, Americans (duh tounge_o.gif), and many more...They have players from all over the world in baseball these days wink_o.gif.

There are even 2 Canadian teams, and the Toronta BlueJays managed to win back to back World Series in the early 90's.

So i guess my warning level is -1 now? tounge_o.gif

LOL only time will tell wink_o.gif

Methinks you have too much time on your hands tounge_o.gif

Congrats smile_o.gif

Well, since i can't edit or judge because of this stupid PC i have nothing to do but surf now.

But what do you expect from the guy who helped make the best Bond mission for OFP?

I still think it's a CS conspiracy against me.  rock.giftounge_o.gif

This topic is mainly for Americans I guess, since I suppose europeans don't normally follow baseball...

I watch it but unforunatly its on at 2am over here so I dont watch it as much as I'd like sad_o.gif

I used to watch a fair bit on Channel5 (UK Television), always been a Mets fan myself, not really sure why smile_o.gif

I used to watch a fair bit on Channel5 (UK Television)

So im not the only one then ;)

I was forced to watch it at first by a certain female 'friend' ( tounge_o.gif ) then I got hooked on it

always been a Mets fan myself, not really sure why smile_o.gif

I hate the Mets tounge_o.gif. I like the Giants myself. Guess the post about Bonds & me being there gives a hint to that though tounge_o.gif.