Sign in to follow this  
spec

Does anybody want these?

I have been working on some SEAL divers, because I wanted some SEAL's that actually could swim.

Since I am not a modeller, it is basically a reskin of the CoC combat swimmers, rearmed with SJB's TOS SEAL weapons.

Original model and texture is courtesy of CoC, Woodland textures is by SJB.

diver.jpg

hitbeach.jpg

recondiver.jpg

I have got all the needed permisions to release these, but with Extraction and Drill Sergeant working on a SEAL pack, I wonder if there is any interest in getting these?

Any way to move the flippers to the back, hanging off the belt, or tied off the left thigh? The way they are attached to the shins is really not realistic.

Oh, and BTW, I'd like to have them too. tounge_o.gif

The way they are attached to the shins is really not realistic.

They do attach them to their shins.

Since at least some people are intrested, I will release them.

I have sent the addon to ofp.info and if somebody else could host them, I could send the files to them too...

The way they are attached to the shins is really not realistic.

They do attach them to their shins.

Well, if they do, it must not be very often. I've studied the SEALs for years, and haven't seen any pictures that I can remember where they attached their fins to their shins. I've seen lots of pictures of fins hanging off their backs, off their left side, etc. but none like that. Perhaps you have a reference pic?

I have to say that these units look amazing and would only serve to enhance the specrtum of possibilities for mission makers.

Parker Hale

Since at least some people are intrested, I will release them.

I have sent the addon to ofp.info and if somebody else could host them, I could send the files to them too...

Still no sign of them over there...

I was thinking that some CoC guys in woodland camo would be great, and here they are - very nice smile_o.gif

Any way to move the flippers to the back, hanging off the belt, or tied off the left thigh? The way they are attached to the shins is really not realistic.

Oh, and BTW, I'd like to have them too.  tounge_o.gif

The Flippers on the Seal divers would be on their back and side wink_o.gif

hey man ill tkae um if no oen else wnats um  wink_o.gif

And now it's time for "MSpencer's English 101".

They look nice. I'd dl them.

god srry my typing is bad ok god i no how to spell ok leave me the $%#% alone already  crazy_o.gif

and so i dont get in trouble with the mods these look great cant wait till .info gets them biggrin_o.gif

hey man ill tkae um if no oen else wnats um wink_o.gif

And now it's time for "MSpencer's English 101".

They look nice. I'd dl them.

I think that's not really necessary.

Don't add "Spelling Troll" to your list of titles wink_o.gif

Sorry I don't have a reference pic...maybe it is the SBS that use them or the Royal Marines but I'm sure I've seen some wear them, probably a British unit that does.

If anyone can let me know which units do I'd appreciate it.

Well, it's not really a question of whether or not a given unit uses dive fins- we of course know many combat swimmers/divers are equipped with fins. However, the question now is, how they are stowed? In most instances this is done through the use of load bearing vests, and belts. SEALs will also dump their swim gear near the water's edge, and then retrieve it during exfil.

But, I've never heard of combat swimmers stowing their fins on their shins. They're really too large and heavy for this sort of wear. If stealth, and speed is a matter of survival, you don't want to be weighed down and encumbered with bulky dive fins strapped to your legs.

I think the only time I've seen SEALs wear their flippers that way was in the movie US Navy SEALs (Charlie Sheen crazy_o.gif )...they had them strapped there while boarding and then riding in the C-130 that was going to HALO them into the ocean.

Since Charlie Sheen movies aren't exactly factual reference material, that hardly counts, but I figured I'd mention it tounge_o.gif

I agree that its' more common (from pics I've seen) to wear them on the belt - if they keep them - or to dump them before they move inland.

It would be the usual practice to hide their gear near to the beach for retreival later unless they have to travel to another destination for extraction.

Those suits can get very hot when trying to carry out very intense missions.

Parker Hale

I agree with those who say that the positioning of the flippers probably is not very realistic, but as I have already stated the units are basically a reskin of the CoC swimmers and since I am not a modeller I had to make do with what was available.

The CoC team has overcome a major limit in OFP with their swimmers and I believe the CoC swimmers are an excellent addon.

It is possible that SEALs wear the flippers attached to their shins during a HALO insertion. That way they wouldn't interfere with the parachute or other carried gear, still they would be easy to retrieve and put on. I don't know if you jump with the flippers on from high altitude since they probably would catch a lot of air and could cause you to miss the designated landing zone, maybe even break your feets.

If someone could model a nice diver with the flippers attached in the desired way and give it some basic textures, I would gladly try to retexture it and config it to use the CoCOSS.  tounge_o.gif

I have now released them and anyone interested can grab them at ofpbase.

It is possible that SEALs wear the flippers attached to their shins during a HALO insertion. That way they wouldn't interfere with the parachute or other carried gear, still they would be easy to retrieve and put on. I don't know if you jump with the flippers on from high altitude since they probably would catch a lot of air and could cause you to miss the designated landing zone, maybe even break your feets.

They do HALO with fins on. It looks a little funny, but it works. They don't seem to have too much trouble with airflow, and such. And as they are expert parachutitsts, touching down in water, with an inflated 'chute, breaking their feet probably doesn't happen very often.

Picture: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/r.lennings/images/para.jpg

7th Troop SBS C-sqdn before a para-insertion.

(Dutch marines under British command)

Thanks for the pic, dude. I don't know if that pic qualifies, however, because they aren't being used in combat that way. Those guy's are about to para drop somewhere, and after they swim to their objective, I'm betting they'd do something else with those fins. Anyway, my "inside expert," ( My little bro is a USAF SOCOM crewmember. ) assures me this is NOT the way fins are typically worn. Maybe it's a difference in the way USN SEALs and the UK's SBS do things. He's watched SAS, and SBS deploy from US MC-130's out of RAF Mildenhall during joint ops with US SPECOPS but they were dropping with inflatable boats.

Picture: http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/r.lennings/images/para.jpg

7th Troop SBS C-sqdn before a para-insertion.

(Dutch marines under British command)

Thanks for the pic, dude. I don't know if that pic qualifies, however, because they aren't being used in combat that way. Those guy's are about to para drop somewhere, and after they swim to their objective, I'm betting they'd do something else with those fins. Anyway, my "inside expert," ( My little bro is a USAF SOCOM crewmember. )  assures me this is NOT the way fins are typically worn. Maybe it's a difference in the way USN SEALs and the UK's SBS do things. He's watched SAS, and SBS deploy from US MC-130's out of RAF Mildenhall during joint ops with US SPECOPS but they were dropping with inflatable boats.

I know, but Edejl said:

Quote[/b] ]Sorry I don't have a reference pic...maybe it is the SBS that use them or the Royal Marines but I'm sure I've seen some wear them, probably a British unit that does.

That's why I posted it. I'm not trying to make a point here.