Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

Everything I've read talks about sanitizing before a mission, so as to not provide the enemy with propaganda material should an operator be captured, or killed.

Sterilization is done if the operation needs to be deniable. There are going to plenty of operations where they want a visible presence and for people to know they're American.

Examples: Sterilzation-MAC-V SOG in Laos and Cambodia during Vietnam.

Non-sterile-SFOD-D during operations in Panama, Somalia, etc.

I am lost for words wow_o.gif These units are a work of art. xmas_o.gif

then sfod-d in the hounduras was sterile?

just saw the pics

so much detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arrrrrr!!!!!!!

excellent work!!!!!

Will you use new head model (as on the pics), or there will be the old one?

Looks bloody great man!!! A quick question of the early '90s units. Next to the 6-color camo will they also be featured with 3-color desert camo? Delta were among the first to use that.

EEEEKKKKKK BANG, crashes right into the back of Ranger.... crazy_o.gif

OMG these units looks ELIIITEE! good god that asked for lots of elite new missions... Delta Pwnage is coming near... ghostface.gif

Those screenies have early '90s era Delta's. So that might explain why they dont have RDA body armor.

Sorry, that was a mistake - RBA body armor, of course.

They are used by 75th Ranger Regiment (but I also have seen the PASGT, used by rangers).

And what about SFOD? They are using RBA too?

OK, time to answer some questions...

@Sanctuary & Stanley:

Yes, it's a new head model (courtesy of DPS and Our Weapons mod), and it will most probably be used as default head model for these addons and future projects (once i get proper permissions). It's only drawback is that it has a lot of polys, but hell... if you want a bang for your buck, you'll need to cope with somewhat slower frame rate.

@Ranger44:

I'm currently considering the issue of incorporating 3-color desert BDUs with these guys. Most possibly it will be two sets of '90 desert units - 6-color "choc strip" and 3-color desert.

@Stanley:

As far as i know, the RBA armor is a distinct piece of gear of the Ranger units, as well as RACK carrying system. 75th Ranger Rgt. has its own distinct version of the RBA, slightly different from standard one. More info on the RBA subject can be found here.

Great work, Laser! Can't wait to try them out! biggrin_o.gif

Have you considered adding some models with the EOTech Holosight to your US weapons pack? I think it might really fit the theme and round out the pack of M4s, and possibly M14s. biggrin_o.gif

And if not, I will still enjoy using them!

Again, great work!

Like others have said long before me. Great work! biggrin_o.gif . And now for an opinion and a question from my side:

Opinion: Make both destert BDUs, it gives some diversity smile_o.gif .

Question: Will you include an M4/MK in your new weapons pack?

Thanks again! smile_o.gif

The US flags were on the Delta vests in BHD too.

With Van Arsedale there I figure they got that accurate with the inside intel. So I know Laser has got it accurate here too.

The US flags were on the Delta vests in BHD too.

With Van Arsedale there I figure they got that accurate with the inside intel. So I know Laser has got it accurate here too.

You did read my post about this right?

Quote[/b] ]About the flag;

Yes, they sometimes use a full-color US flag on their chest (can be removed since it's attached with velcro). Even in the Udai-Kusai shootout you could see SOF's with color-flags on their chest.

Just like the black vests these are for intimidating-purposes in a CQB situation. They want to be seen and recogniced as US SF's. They hope the 'enemy' won't attack them, but just consider it pointless and surrender. Sounds stupid, but in Somalia it most often worked. On ship-boardings it's also used.

The flag is correct. Even modern-day SOF's use the full-color flag sometimes. Not all the times, but on missions where they think it may help them.

There's a picture of SF's removing the bodies after the Oday and Qusay shooting and they have full-color flags on their chest and arms (and black vests ect). The picture is hosted on militaryphotos.net, but since it's midly graphic I can't link to it. It can be found in the following album;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> Gallery: Militaryphotos.net  >  Album: Gulf War 2 - Iraq   > Album: Security and Reconstruction Operations - Iraq    Album: US Forces >   Album: Special Forces, Task Force 20, and Task Force 121  >  Album: Battle at hideout of Oday and Qusay Hussein

So the flag is VERY accurate, but don't use these guys in black vests in any other area than urban. That would be unrealistic, since outside the urban area's the flag and black vest are useless and they'll use normal camo.

Examples of black vest in use by SF's for CQB intimidating purposes;

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aac.jpg

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....aao

Usually I dont use the desert camo ppl in any other situation than urban combat, so that will be just fine. Missed your post actually about the flags and vests. Always nice to read, those small practical tricks Delta use.

How are these units coming along? Are you still shooting for a end of March, early April realese?

the quieter he is the better

he just pops out out of nowhere with addons

wait and see

like the first full version of the deltas

he came out of nowhere released then updated rangers then updated weapons

all came out of nowhere

the quieter the better

Yeah, usually his release just fall from the sky. You're not really thinking about 'em for a while, and then BOOM. Your addons folder is guccified with some elite units.

Now, people... i'm working hard to finish up the units n'weapons... already missed the end of March, but hell... give me just a bit of time and we'll all be set. Mostly CPP work and some little bugs to whack.

can you post a list of weapons included currently? wink_o.gif

Sounds good!!! smile_o.gif

Take your time Laser, there is no hurry mate.

Your units are well worth the wait

@Keller_777:

Not sure yet. The models are not binarized, and the files are uncompressed. But it looks like it'll be rather big.

@snypa:

Here. There might be something added here and there, but that's how the list looks at the current moment.

------------------------------------------------------------

- Machine Guns:

M249 SPW ACOG

M249 SPW ACOG (AI burst mode)

M249 SAW metal stock

M249 SAW metal stock (AI burst mode)

M249

M249 (AI burst mode)

M249 SPW ACOG SD

M249 SPW ACOG SD (AI burst mode)

M240B

M240B (AI burst mode)

M60

M60 (AI burst mode)

M60e4

M60e4 (AI burst mode)

- Assault Rifles:

M4 SOPMOD

M4 SOPMOD / M203

M4 SOPMOD SD

M4 SOPMOD SD / M203

XM-733

M4 SOPMOD (desert camo)

M4 SOPMOD / M203 (desert camo)

M4 SOPMOD SD (desert camo)

M4 SOPMOD SD / M203 (desert camo)

XM-733 (desert camo)

CAR-15

CAR-15 Aimpoint

CAR-15 / M203

CAR-15 SD

CAR-15 Aimpoint SD

CAR-15 SD / M203

M16A2 (single/burst trigger group, single/full-auto considered)

M14 Aimpoint

M14 ACOG

M14 ACOG SD

M14 TIR SOPMOD ACOG

M14 TIR SOPMOD Leupold scope

M14 TIR SOPMOD Aimpoint

M14 TIR SOPMOD ACOG SD

M14 TIR SOPMOD Leupold scope SD

M14 TIR SOPMOD Aimpoint SD

- Sniper Rifles:

SR-25

SR-25 SD