Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

What will be fixed.

Okay guys. Im opening this thread so people that havent read the entire topics in this forum will know what are to be planned as fixes in future patches.

All information you can give that answers questions in here should be written in "Bold".

This is so we will not flood BIS while they are developing OFP etc.

First I would like to answer commonly questions:

1. There will be a next patch. BIS told us in another thread that it will arive within 2 months.

2. The next patch will probably include bugfixes including the annoying .XML bug on dedicated servers.

3. They are considering the ability to turn off voice comm.

4. There will not be an SDK, although tools will be released so people can import custom models into OFP etc.

Thats all I know/can come up with right now.

I have a question I would like to have answered though.

1. Will BIS develop an Anticheat to the "unlimitted ammo cheat" that is out there? And if they can come up with it rather quickly, would it be included in for instance a seperate patch that wouldnt contain anything else (Just a quick anti-cheat patch).

Remember, all question should be written in normal letters, and answeres written in Bold

I would like to know if BIS will fix the Win2K Multi player Quit game freeze problem.

This causes me to reboot after every Multi player game. Very annoying then scan disk kicks in.

I get this every time I quit and can’t Kill the OperationFlashP Process 'Access Denied’

I believe this is because I launch the game from 'All Seeing Eye' and don’t have rights to kill the process.

Dedicated server new version (1.41) is avaible now. It prevents the server from crashing. Read about it and download it here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....

Update: It prevents the server from crashing due to XML bug and when more then 25 players are connected and being outcasted to Gamespy.

1 I would like to see the bounching vehicle bug (when you shoot at them) fixed.

2 Some objects (like trabant) are not visible when you view through windows in the game. Will this be fixed?

And to answer an other FAQ:

There where rumours about a possible addon to be released in April 2002. Well, the dutch website gamers.nl has received a list of game releases in 2002 by Codemasters. Guess what? Operation Flashpoint Expansion is in the list! It is expected in June 2002.

Rather than ranting, you could just lean back and wait of course. Makes it easier on the developers too!

Take a break! And give them a break!

smile.gif

You obviosly aint managin a company.

If you give the employees too much time on their hands, they start to bring babies and stuff to earth. We dont want the BIS people to get a life do we?

smile.gif

And I would like to know about that Expansion pack. Maybe it consists of vehicles from VBS?

Ahh well, you can allways dream ey? smile.gif

No, but I'm working in retail, and nagging and dumb customers piss me off and i usually give them the finger (behind their back wink.gif )

So i understand BIS quite well.

I think you have failed to see the point of this topic. Try read it again, carefully, letter for letter, word by word, line after line. And you will, hopefully, eventually understand the idea and concept of this thread.

Repeating Death calls.

That's all.

*Bump*

So we have the following this to get answered:

1. Will there be an anti-cheat patch?

2. Will the repeating death message get fixed?

3. Bouncing vehicles?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Jan. 10 2002,10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So we have the following this to get answered:

1. Will there be an anti-cheat patch?

2. Will the repeating death message get fixed?

3. Bouncing vehicles?

<span id='postcolor'>

1. BIS asked if someone could forward them the cheat and someone did.

2. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it. BIS knows about it. I'm sure they'll fix it.

3. I'm afraid that if BIS fixes the bouncing vehicles bug, they'll introduce a new bug where vehicles shout death screams, like soldiers, when hit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Jan. 10 2002,10:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes,  the repeating death message will get fixed.<span id='postcolor'>

Suma, now you've got us making assumptions. Does this mean that the bouncing vehicles bug WON'T be fixed?

Couldnt they make it just to give the vehicles are more powerfull engine and give them more weight (like they did with those....uhm, whats they called...cylinders? Anyway, that worked great!)

And i suspect if u do the same the vehicles would act more like a vehicle, and less like a balloon. And if they give them a more powerfull engine, it wouldnt reduce speed (I suppose).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Jan. 10 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Couldnt they make it just to give the vehicles are more powerfull engine and give them more weight<span id='postcolor'>

Yeh, increasing the vehicle's file sizes by a few megs ought to keep them down. wow.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gifconfused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suma, now you've got us making assumptions. Does this mean that the bouncing vehicles bug WON'T be fixed?<span id='postcolor'>

It is very likely bouncing vehicles bug will not be fixed in next patch. That does not mean it will never be fixed, though.

Could u plz write in bold for the people just checking to see what we have "found out" yet?

thanks smile.gif

So i guess that adding weight wouldnt work?

The only thing id like to see fixed is the fact that on my machine i cant see explosions or smoke, even though they are on in the options (im sure this is just my machine though).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 10 2002,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only thing id like to see fixed is the fact that on my machine i cant see explosions or smoke, even though they are on in the options (im sure this is just my machine though).<span id='postcolor'>

Have you tried searching The FAQ for "explosions"? Does that help?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Jan. 10 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Suma, now you've got us making assumptions. Does this mean that the bouncing vehicles bug WON'T be fixed?<span id='postcolor'>

It is very likely bouncing vehicles bug will not be fixed in next patch. That does not mean it will never be fixed, though.<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, that means we get even more patches wow.gifbiggrin.gif

1: fix the throttle problem (doesent use full range on many sticks)

2: fix the massive black powder explosion when tanks fire.. not realistic and annoying.

3: improve the way AI soldiers drive.

4: add some damage graphics other than the crumpled paper effect... it would be great to hit a tank with an RPG and be able to see the blast mark.. just like on the ground.. same goes for large calibur bullets.

I know, I know this isnt a bug.. but it would do alot to increase immersion and improve the game.

5: vehicle speed on incline.. the M1A1, M113, and bradley are about haf as fast on slight inclines (less than 15 degrees) than they should be (check the offical mil numberers) and i imagine the same holds true for the soviet gear aswell.

6: TIME FUSED HAND GRENADES! this explode on impact stuff is kinda out there