Sign in to follow this  
spring-R

Flashpoint 2 music?

do you people remember the metal band from OFP?

they're called Seventh www.seventh.com.au

anyway, u reakon it would be cool if their music was used in Flashpoint 2?

i thought they played some very good music.

any other ideas?

You forgot your "cheers"smile_o.gif

So, here is what I think...

In real life, you won`t hear any music during the firefight...

I mean field firefight, in towns, in your own base maybe?

It was mentionet on "Smokes, food, and random conversations " here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=37166

I also think, that music is quite important in the game (even if it`s not quite realistic)...

So, soundtrack will be nice. Maybe there will be option to switch between songs like in BF Vietnam?...When you want to listen the music you chose your favourite one, and when you don`t there is always "mute" option for music:)

do you people remember the metal band from OFP?

they're called Seventh www.seventh.com.au

anyway, u reakon it would be cool if their music was used in Flashpoint 2?

i thought they played some very good music.

any other ideas?

I emailed "Sir" David Lagettie about 6 months ago and he said that it was just about certain they would feature in OFP2

I think BIS is going to stick with Seventh to be honest.

Having him as the leader of BIA only means BIS likes this guy dearly smile_o.gif

But if I had to choose what music composer other than Seventh, I would say Hans Zimmer, or Bill Brown.

I'd be happy with more from Seventh, and maybe other songs that are the same style (I'm an old-school metalhead, so anything with some really heavy guitar riffs are good...  tounge_o.gif ).

It would of course be cool to have some bigshot moviescore composer making some ingame music (like Hans Zimmer, Alan Silvestri etc...) but I think the pricing on these guys rule that one out....

But if I had to choose what music composer other than Seventh, I would say Hans Zimmer, or Bill Brown.

John Williams biggrin_o.gif:D:D:D

Hans Zimmer would be cool, (BHD movie)...or some more rock ones?

I like what BIS did, using Czech composer, Ondrej Matejka, to produce Russian/Eastern European sounding music that matches the main theme of OFP CWC so well.

I would hope they'll shop for another quality composer who can produce music that matches the theme - whatever it will be.

I like what BIS did, using Czech composer, Ondrej Matejka, to produce Russian/Eastern European sounding music that matches the main theme of OFP CWC so well.

I would hope they'll shop for another quality composer who can produce music that matches the theme - whatever it will be.

More from Ondrej Matejka? possibly

He made music for OFPR by himself and in co-operation with Seventh, so chances are he'll do it again.

While I did like the original OFP soundtrack very much, both orchestral and rock sound, I had little favour for the songs that came with Resistance. They were not that good imo.

Bill Brown or Zimmer are heavyweights that demand heavy money. And their music tends to sound too similar and not innovative.

I guess BIS should stick to the OFP 1 artists. And keeping in mind that they still have enought time they should be able to come up with something that actually fits OFP 2.

Quote[/b] ]Barry Manilow

Hell no ! biggrin_o.gif

What´s next ? Village People ? biggrin_o.gif

Well now, there's an idea! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

When you pilot a boat (if there will be boats in OFP2 of course...) it would play "In the navy"!

And the sight of soldiers doing their morning exercises while "YMCA" is playing....

I just had a crazy idea....excuse me while I run off to the funny addons thread in addons discussion... wink_o.gif

Seventh are...IMHO quite not proffesional....I mean, they did their work with ofp and the expansion packs, but ofp2...I don`t know if I want to hear them one more time...

I think that a bit more commercial soundtrack will do the job...

(but not as commercial as NFSUnderground`s OST)

I like all those rock things, (I play the guitar, and I1m learning in music school), but it was too simple for me...

Imho there`s great theme from doom3 biggrin_o.gif:D something like "tool" things...

But It`s just me;)

Well now, there's an idea!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

When you pilot a boat (if there will be boats in OFP2 of course...) it would play "In the navy"!

And the sight of soldiers doing their morning exercises while "YMCA" is playing....

Or Guba rallying the troops to the tune of "Go West". tounge_o.gif

Or Victor Troska exercising without a shirt to the tune of "Macho man"! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

But on to a more serious attitude; OFP 2 needs both a orchestral soundtrack for more dramatic moments and a more rock oriented soundtrack for the appropiate moments.

They could get or license some more well-known bands/songs.

Another idea I had, was that they could include working carradios with songs playing (like GTA Vice City or Battlefield Vietnam). But only in cars/trucks, and the ability to shut on/off and choose between songs.

Or Victor Troska exercising without a shirt to the tune of "Macho man"! biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I think I speak on behalf of the male population on the forum by saying thanks for that horrible mental image.

I'm glad to say I'm safe enough on my own sexuality, that I can joke with this stuff  smile_o.gif

And no matter if Village People are the embodiment of homosexual music, they still have some of the greater discosongs from the 70's!

(and Victor is a quite handsome man, ain't he? Women on this forum speak up! wink_o.gif )

Anyone wanna comment on my suggestion on carradios?

nah Avon Guba will play my version of "go east"

"Go east, Where the sun dont shine.

Go east, Where we'll freeze and die.

Go east, eat an eskimo too.

Go east, this is what we'll do.

Go east, Where the sun dont shine.

Go east, Where we'll freeze and die.

Go east, eat an eskimo too."

or Saddam`s

"If I could have my wasted days back

Would I use them to get back on track?"

I saw the Fahrenheit 9/11 movie. The tank crew member:

"We like to listen to the music during firefight" something like this. So even if It`s Slayer or RATM....or Village People biggrin_o.gif It`ll be quite reallistic.

Imho the best solution Is to make more of rock stuff (even Seventh;) and implement your own mp3`s...

I'm leaning towards some Barry Manilow smile_o.gif

I'd have to agree, you couldnt beat the feeling of running into a battle with Copa Cabana playing.

I could do wihtout bad nu-metal on the soundtrack, they'd be best sticking with orchestral and good, instrumental rock if they can get it.