Sign in to follow this  
jens198

What happend to that Pacific mod? (see pics)

it was all a scam and all those guys are going to hell for doing that.

Does that mean, those pics are fakes? I was sure the colors and so were fakes. But the models and animations too?

Jens

If it is fake, what game is that-looks awesome!

Hm, as far as I could recall, it was an OFP mod. I can post more pics more if needed.

jens

Yes, please do so.

And the models and animations being fake-if they are, why take the time to make a fake model just to scam people? if you made the model, might as well put it ingame. rock.gif

Post more pics of it, maybe it's a mod for another game that I'll recognize.

here's the old topic

What is so impossible with those pictures? You can change the colour of the sky and of the ground, the models do not seem to be über high quality, and animations are no problem if you have a talented animator. Nor is the tall grass anything unique today.

Fake or not? I don't know. But I see no reason for them to fake these pictures. Especially as they are Japanese (?) mod makers that seem to lack total interest in participating in the international community. So for them to create a hype, just to weasel around with people makes no sense.

Each soldier has an individual running animation, won't happen.

The flag is held as an object, won't happen.

The animations inside of the Higgins are all different, animated, and the boats are too close together without running into clipping probs.

Why would they fake it? And furthermore, what game is it. I see no reason to create something nice for e.g Unreal Tournament and then start lying that it's from ofp.

I wish i had a nickle for every time that some thing is impossible in ofp and later done.

Hmmm...could they possibly be imported models and not a totally different game? I mean, those hands look like operation flashpoint.

Also there was a quote saying "There is a difference between them being fake and it not being released."

I also don't get how a bright sky and brith ground make it look fake-it is possible to make/import bright textures, you know rock.gif

On a side note, why does everyone hate nice colors? We don't live in a black and white world..go outside and see the colors biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: on the running animation for different people-this can be done very easily (look at dreamy knights anim pack demo, there are a bunch of different running anims) but they are for cinematic purposes only, but it could still be done.

AND name one reason why this can't be a ofp mod.

Here is their main webpage,unfortunately it hasn't changed in almost a year.

http://pacificfront.fc2web.com/index.html

When it first appeared I had doubts that it wasn't OFP, I studied and realized that It could be and the mod also promised a video that didn't appear either.

I emailed Convoy a while about and he said he didn't need any help,I recently tried to email weeks back and the email is dead and I think the mod didn't survive.The guys were asian and could hardly speak english.

I would of liked to see this mod completed of course ,its my interest.

I was upset that these guys recieved beta O2 and such and wasn't a part of the community,because they aren't english speaking I suppose they are excused.

edit: I see a new email on their webpage now I haven't tried

even if they are imported from another game it sure looks sweet, remeber the topic and posts on the ol I44 forum and peps went OMG OMG OMGZ wow_o.gif I sure hope we will see something soon again sad_o.gif

@Bratty let us know if they reply to u later smile_o.gif

ss9b.jpg

The animations are all the same, but the position in which the men are facing are different, to give it a unique unordered look.

I think it's real, but they just died out.

Those pictures might have been a HUGE static setup just

for show until they got it half working. I mean what beter

way to take a picture then if everyone is frozen in position? tounge_o.gif

This is a photoshop set-up. Layers in copy and paste.

Checkout the same exact head positions (sols in OFP turn their heads)

Also, I've never seen two sols in OFP standing this close to each other. you know what I mean -> hip-hop biggrin_o.gif

I luv pessimism, makes a great target when you need to take a piss.

Who cares if the pics are real or not.

Looks great, the idea is good and would be a fresh change.

The last post on the site was nearly 12 months ago, looks like no one has been home for awhile.

Remake the Mod!

We got the time

We got the talent out there

We even got heaps of models already made for that arena.

Bit of spit and polish, little bit of gas in the tank, kick the bitch in guts and I am sure it will fire up.