Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Geforce4 Ti4200

What are the best drivers for my card? Where can I get them?

I'm a fool when it comes to drivers. I hear lots of people seem to use third party drivers is this true?

I usually only get about 18 FPS right now. I feel like I use to get better. I have a 2.6 pentium4 and 1 gig of ram.

Bummer looks like I have the latest. I was hoping my drivers were way outdated. That way I hoping that with new drivers I'd gain at least 10fps.

What frame rate do all of you get?

Bummer looks like I have the latest. I was hoping my drivers were way outdated. That way I hoping that with new drivers I'd gain at least 10fps.

What resolution do you play on? I noticed with my Ti4200 it begins to slow down at 1152x864. I run 2xQ AA and 4x AS on newest driver.

I have a MSI Ti 4200 128 megs on P4 2.4 and 512 megs RAM, i run OPF resistance 1.96 with Llaumax sky, DXDLL reflections on, and a somewhat big addon folder at the time.

Its 1240x1024x32 with good detail settings and 1200 view distance (ocasionaly a bit more). My puter is quite clean atm and i recently reformated.

Performance varies from the units used in the missions but usualy i have no complaints about poor performance.

I use ancient driver version 45.23 for win XP and its all quite smooth, be sure your performance issue is really graphics card related, it could be alot of other stuff.

Good luck smile_o.gif .

P.S. I almost forgot. 2x AA and no AF.

He probably has AS on way too high, I can play at 75fps (Refresh Rate) when I take off AS but at 8x my computer crawls down to 15fps.

Specs:

Athlon Xp2600+

1 gig DDR400 RAM

Nvidia geforce4 Ti4200 128mb DDR (newest driver)

120 Gig HD 7200 RPM

Windows2000 SP4

Here is my ingame settings. I'm also using DXdll but all I have on is the hard lighting (which kills about 5fps for me) and the Night shade over ride (which actually gains me 10fps on night missions)

settingsLarge.jpg

I hate to sound like a rube, but what is AS? Video card setting It take it? I have all my Nvidia settings set to applications choice if I recall correctly.

By the way guys thanks for showing an interest and helping. You know this is a pretty swell cult that follows this game.

My guess is that when he says AS, he means anisotropic filtering. The common abbreviation for that is AF, of course.

I thought you looked for the best, not the latest. The latest drivers are optimized for gf6, older ones work better with gf4 cards.

I have a ti4200 too and use 1600x1200x32 too and it works fine.

i'm currently on 17' and i play on 1024*768 terrain detail normal view distance 2000, visual quality a 9

with an radeon 9600 256 mb

768 DDR

kt4ultra and 2500+

i work VERY fine with original game and i have somethime some slowdone with Y2k3

Quote[/b] ]I thought you looked for the best, not the latest. The latest drivers are optimized for gf6, older ones work better with gf4 cards.

Ok I didn't realise about the newest drivers being optimized for Geforce6. Heck I didn't even know there was geforce5's out heh heh.

I guess if a set of older drivers would be the best, then I guest I must restate my original question. What is the best driver for my card?