Sign in to follow this  
SimonS

Coop MP in OFP

Can I play coop straight away or do I have to go to the stupid waiting screen for god knows how long just to play. Also, Are there some coop servers that don't require me to download dodjy addons?

You have to wait for a full mission (to start at the beginning), there is no join in progress. there are servers which do not use addons, many use addons that are not dodgy. (granted many use addons with config errors etc. wink_o.gif )

If you want to play the best coops you should download WG and FDF   smile_o.gif

Unsurprisingly questions about multiplayer belong in the multiplayer forum smile_o.gif

Simons: Download the OFPwatch utility and use that. It will tell you when the mission is finished and automatically download any addons you need. Its better to organise the addons into seperate folder(s) which OFPwatch can also do and use automatically for the server.

The best servers... well opinions vary, but any you can see linked to in people's sigs in these forums are guaranteed to be good. Which one is best for you depends on how hardcore you like to play (no 3rd person, no crosshair) and where you are. But when you find one that is good for you, stick with it and get to know the people.

I would recommend ofp watch too, as our server uses lots of addons. But if yoou do not want to use addons then you should not really use ofp watch but ase or the ingame browser and search for servers that have coop in their name and ask if they use addons or not.

But i _guess_ you will not find many servers that do not any addons at all. And if you have to download addons, you are back at ofp watch, which is the best tool for that job.

We used to be a coop only server and still have lots of coops (and even do play them in the night hours), but most of the time the server is used by public players for cti missions. And we use lots of addons. So i guess we are not really what you are looking for. As for "dodgy", many addons that had errors have been fixed on our server, although i suspect that there are still one or two with incorrect dependencies out there...

Well, when I want to play Coop, I go to a server called [LOL] Majors CO-OP 100 Mbit addon... It needs some addons, but it's a pretty nice place. Also, try using the filter and put "coop" or "co-op" in the Server or Mission bar. You'll find some.

good luck trying to find servers that don't require a addon most server do use editorupgrade102 as well as a few others im sure....

and yes Wargames mod is a very good one there are quit a few Coops for it on the Citadel server...

not sure about FDF mod tho ive not played it since WG mod came out crazy_o.gif