Sign in to follow this  
Drill Sergeant

WOODLAND US NAVY SEALs

I'm glad I found it. I was wondering if the kneepads and elbowpads had been added yet and the removable helmet script. I was also wondering are you going to use a script for the short sleeves or are you going to just like..have short sleeved units, as in sleeves rolled up not short sleeved t shirts. Another thing, what about nomex? I saw that most of your units don't have the bdu's hanging down, like lasers early work. Alot of people said that they'd like that changed cuz of its weirdness and he changed it to rave reviews. You wonder what kind of seals im picturing huh? Well, these SEALs.

Having some problems in my personal life last few weeks.

Sorry for lack of updates.

The project has not been canceled or dropped down but just for now I can do not much only a few hours in a week.

Hope you all can understand it.

Oh yeah, about doing short sleeves like a t shirt, that'd be cool too. I was looking at some images from the game SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS 2, and saw some good seal images. Some of them were conventional seals, but one that stuck out was a seal who had on a vest, short sleeved shirt underneath, camo pants, and a cap on his head. The cap was sort of in the style of a Cuban army or something, so he could have just been a sympathiser or a man protecting his store at first glance. I'll try to post the image from gamespot...

third world undercover seal

another undercover seal questioning an enemy combatant

That guy in the second picture is a terrorist/rebel of some sort.

I don't recall that exact bit, but you have to rescue some french peacekeepers in one mission.

The first picture, your mates are all wearing MICH helmets so you're not that undercover.

No, in the first picture he's wearing a boonie hat. What were you looking at? lol biggrin_o.gif

lol..actually thas a "watch" cap...

If it rolled down into a mask then it'd probably be a Balaclava, right?  Watch cap, thats a first for me.  I'm not military.  I like those.  Is its application for cold weather only?  I guess I'm being rhetorical.  I'd like to see some specs ops wearing those.  Lucky for me, the new SEALs project in this thread is going to have one. Good luck guys.

Primary application is cold weather, but it's issued as a standard piece of uniform to all USN personel. I wore mine all the time at Alameda. They aren't balaclavas, per se. Balaclavas are "ski masks" with holes for the eyes. USN standard issue watch caps are just plain black knit hats.

Seals DO often wear balaclavas, particularly for CQB, and ship-boarding applications. They also wear the tan or brown colored anti-flash hood underneath the MICH.

I know there has been allot of politics going on about my guns so today I have decided to come clean and make

some points painfully clear.

When you look at most previews for games they have nice high detail models and maybe even some pictures on the cover of the box. These models are used in the game,

only after being run threw a special reduction tool.

Since allot of people didn't like the "Cover art" if you will,

a friend suggested I release pictures of the true units

which will be available for download instead of the

outrageously high detail cover art.

With little further to do I unveil my contribution to

the USN addon for OFP.

Seal Sniper

M14 Before and After reduction.

Hope you all like the changes.

I know OFP can't handle much more deail then that now.

I'm sorry for argueing with everyone, you were right. sad_o.gif

I don't know if this has been asked or not..but have yall considered using a more "common" woodland template ie the hyk u.s. soldiers color template or BAS template..the only reason I'm saying is so they will match more with missions including those units...in my humble two cent opinion I would love to see these SEALs use the same color template as the HYK soldiers....

This cammo was custom made by a guy so it matched a real

picture. but if we just want it to blend into OFP instead of

being picture perfect I think I can do that.

I'll have to ask HKY, Just to bad though the guy put allot

of time into my current cammo.

Oh well, what ever the comunity wishes we shall deliver!

smile_o.gif

Radioman.

SEAL_UP_2.jpg

Oh no...! I think that camo you are uising now is just great... I wouldn't chacne it. wink_o.gif

Well it's not that hard to change.

The more the merrier.

biggrin_o.gif

I rember some russain team had like 3 sets of the same infantry with differnt cammos or something and that was

a big hit. So I guess we can do the same thing.

smile_o.gif

CammoupdatedSEAL.jpg

HYK cammo.

I like the camo, at least its more constant throughout the body than Lasers Rangers so its a community improvement.  The only problem I'm having is the SEALs looking too normal or too conventional right now.  I guess I'll just wait to see what ya'll do but as it stands, they look really sixties.  No kneepads on them yet, no pouches, no pistol holster.  I'm still hopeful. Nothing jangly yet, its a start though. But always remain open to what came before you so you can get it right, and the goal should be to top it.

I don't know about everyone else asking you to change the camo textures, but the example from the sniper picture (one of the two samples given: sniper and m14 model) were done quite well. Another thing is that different BDUs are going to naturally look different, I think if we had all the units have the same exact pattern such as HYWK then it would look a little generic. If you look at various pictures from the SF operators in both Iraq and Afghanistan you'll notice that because of the conditions (water, sun, dirt, sand, etc) the uniforms end up looking different from each other. Long story short Drill Sgt. the pictures you started out with (or before the texture change) look great.

Ok, cool I get that part.

Do we wan't to revert to the cover art style though

or just use something simmilar to the recent pics?

(I think one of my dudes might have a few peices

of the cover art left, so I could recover some of it...)

*edit*

If we wanted it that is.

anychance of using the resistance sniper ski mask instead of the black op (day) one?

also are the body armour gonna be thick to makem look bulkier like in RL?

its looking dam good by the way

No, in the first picture he's wearing a boonie hat. What were you looking at? lol biggrin_o.gif

I have the game. In the mission I think that screenshot is taken from half of your fireteam are wearing MICH helmets. I suppose it could be taken from multiplayer.

Mind you, now that I'm awake I can think of several books that mention SEALs wearing a mix of camos or different camos so as not to stand out. If you were going to do that, you might want to give them some AK's and PK's.

I know this guy ain't still talking about mich helmets.  I'll touch on that in a minute here.  Anyways, forget what the cover art looks like cuz I did.  I do think that there should be some kneepads, maybe a watch, gun holster (check), utility belt is on (so check), vest changes according to role in the squad of course just like Lasers Rangers.  You may want to have a breacher n stuff like that, maybe model them after the seals on this page because THEY look VERY perfect.  Can't go wrong with that design.  Now to address SPM who speaks with such an air of intelligence I might add, hats off to your grammar...

Quote[/b] ]Oh yeah, about doing short sleeves like a t shirt, that'd be cool too.  I was looking at some images from the game SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS 2, and saw some good seal images.  Some of them were conventional seals, but one that stuck out was a seal who had on a vest, short sleeved shirt underneath, camo pants, and a cap on his head.  The cap was sort of in the style of a Cuban army or something, so he could have just been a sympathiser or a man protecting his store at first glance.  I'll try to post the image from gamespot...

third world undercover seal

another undercover seal questioning an enemy combatant

Quote[/b] ]That guy in the second picture is a terrorist/rebel of some sort.

I don't recall that exact bit, but you have to rescue some french peacekeepers in one mission.

The first picture, your mates are all wearing MICH helmets so you're not that undercover.

Since we're all about to see the image I posted,  I'd like to say that a watch cap doesn't look anything like a Mich helmet!  Do you understand my annoyance with you now?  Leave it alone man.  Just leave it alone.  I do not want to discuss that stuff no more.  On with the show.  Drill Seargent, basically make yourself a squad of guys each with a different role that look way different from each other.  They got to have all the modern doo dads but like maybe they each got on Nomex suits or what have you but man, they GOTTA look like SEALs.  They are special operators, with the latest gear.  I wouldn't put on a fat set of headphones, I wouldn't do that BIS mask, I'd put on some armor or at least a tactical vest of some kind, no helmet or an options script to change head gear, kneepads as mentioned, elbow pads if the sleeves aren't rolled up, i see the gun holster thats good.  I was really pleased with the other model i saw of the guy with the watch cap on and the black vest, all he needed was knee and elbow pads and you could call him finished perhaps, in a nomex camo, cuz the bdus were tucked in it looked like.  Camo nomex is more of a russian thing than American.  When Americans do Nomex its usually olive/drab green I thinkn is the name of the color.  If its going to be camo bdu's then they should hang down like Lasers Rangers.  

I'm not fully in understanding. sad_o.gif

Perhapse I am "in over my head" with this project.

I don't think I can offer the comunity what they wants.

Maybe extraction will have to finish this for me, because

I have little concept of this.

Sorry extraction. sad_o.gif