Sign in to follow this  
Hotkey

OFP MP Addon...

Hi all,

first of all: yes, this isn't exact the right forum for this idea, but i guess it would fit both in the OFP board - as well as here (cause i would like to have this features too in OFP 2)

Ok:

[Dream Mode]

New OFP Multiplayer Addon will be released at the end of this year:

Features:

+ Ingame joining

+ improved server performance (you don't need a state of the art server to play CTI missions

+ increased max. possible amount of players (about 64?)

+ cheat protection (punk buster or equivalent)

+ ECP Sound and Kegetys gfxdll included

[/Dream Mode]

Keeping in mind the actuall market of pc-games (tactical shooter games) there would be many gamers which would gladly pay about ~30€ for an addon like this.

Imho there's no need to improve gfx or add new shader3.0-like-state-of-the-art effects.

Just improve OFP this way to get it back on the "my-favorite-game"-lists of many players ;-)

Anybody else having this optinion?

Or am i dreaming to hard? ;-)

I think I heard something that the devs would have a severe collective headache if they tried to enhance the MP with the outdated engine.

Give them a break... Everyone would like to start out fresh with an open engine right? tounge_o.gif

Yeah, the guys have got enough to do. I was surprised they even kept making updates while already working on OFP2.

Honestly, nobody would BUY an OFP MP PATCH.

OFP is a 4 year old game and is played by a hardcore amount of a few hundred people in MP.

These are like bug fixes anyway, nothing I would pay for.

Yes you are dreaming too hard, BIS really just needs to let OFP die and concentrate on making OFP2 (as they are), if they keep patching up this old mess we will never get OFP2.

Sorry, that's just fact.

People would buy it if it added enough. Adding JIP and other features, especially if sold as a stand-alone (in other words, packaged with CWC and RES) add enough to make people want to buy it.

OFP still looks amazing. Adding all the graphical effects of the Xbox version (which is essentially a standardised PC- hence converting to it is not that hard) would make it compare very favourably to other, newer games.

It would probably cost BIS more money to make it, beta test it, fix bugs and then package & ship it to stores than they would make profit from it.

So this probably won't happen.

I just want OFP2 to come out as fast as it can. Plus I think they already are slowed down from updating VBS1

ok, now that OFP 2 will not be released till spring 2006 Bi might think of a new Addon ? wink_o.gif

Well, maybe I'd like the possible addon to include the advanced scripts from VBS so we can get faster ai wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ok, now that OFP 2 will not be released till spring 2006 Bi might think of a new Addon ?

And if they started an addon, it would be delayed till spring 2007.