Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

"BURAT"

I would recommend to DKM that you guys check out Remo's BM-21 MLRS in his North Korean addon pack. It detects targets out to very great distances and fires very much like a real artillery system. I would highly recommend that you use the system he developed (with his permission) as its straight forward and very easy to use. It still requires LOS (Line of Sight) but at least it won't fire like a ATGM or like a tank.

Also the rounds don't directly hit the target usually and land randomly near the target much like real artillery.

At any rate, Remo's a great guy and I'm sure he'd be happy to let you use his arty system if you ask him.

Also again, PLEASE try and simulate the mushroom clouds that the TOS-1 thermobaric warheads create as this is something that is VERY noticable.

That F-100 fighter jet addon that came out a few weeks ago has napalm bomb explosions that look VERY much like the explosions created by the TOS-1 rockets. I recommend that you contact that addon maker to use his explosions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

impact effects so far.

subgle missile impact

the result

a volley of 5 rockets

end result

gascloud detonation

scale.jpg

are you sure there would be a mushroom cloud?

a fire still rages inside a mr cloud, but the fae principle is a detonation type explosion, not a burning one.

im not sure tho.

I would rather vote for irregular cloud - cumolonimbus biggrin_o.gif

But seriously if regular that rather hemisphere.

And i have a question - is it possible to simulate influence of rain for instance on explosion?

@DKM, It all looks awesome. I'd like to hear more about damage infliction.

The shape of the explosions is just about perfect when you've seen real video of FAE, and TB detonations. As to the effect of rain, unless you're talking about a SE Asian-style monsoon torential downpour, rain isn't going to have much effect. The overpressure would simply displace the droplets, and the chemical fire would vaporize what condensation was left into steam.

A great effect that would look very interesting would be a visible white spherical shockwave that expands ahead of the fire.

there is such a shockwave on the ground right now, but made of fire, followed by black smoke... that dissappears and the huge fireball remains a few seconds.

BIS M113's cannot take one hit, BIS abrams will sustain heavy damage after 4..5 single 'hits' and crew will bail

shooting 3 rockets at abrams as quickly as possible is most devastating..

i see, thanks for the link, didnt have that one yet.

but be that as it may.. discharging a full volley onto enemy allready starts bothering my cpu... releasing hundreds of additional particles for each rocket may very well proove too much for people with low/mid end computers.

in any case.. the impact of this weapon as it is now is very hard to overlook... so you dont have to worry about missing the action smile_o.gif

i will see what can be reasonably done with mrcloud

Love the TOS yo, its one sexy peice of equipment and the sound will make u shit ur pants ;) I hope it will use the UA.

Love that video....." all thats left are Memories" ghostface.gif

Hate to be on the bad end of that bit of gear

are you sure there would be a mushroom cloud?

a fire still rages inside a mr cloud, but the fae principle is a detonation type explosion, not a burning one.

im not sure tho.

Ah someone beat me to the links. I would recommend checking out the explosions from the F-100 fighter bomber bomb's. That plane addon was released recently has bombs that make very nice little mushroom clouds that don't eat up too much CPU power.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

but be that as it may.. discharging a full volley onto enemy allready starts bothering my cpu... releasing hundreds of additional particles for each rocket may very well proove too much for people with low/mid end computers.

A full volley, as opposed to a single shot, would have such turbulent air patterns that I highly doubt a mushroom could would form. I think it'll look fine without the cloud. Though, somehow scripting it to have different smoke shapes depending on how many are shot would also be pretty cool. Shoot off one and have a nice mushroom cloud, shoot off a lot and just get a dispersed and disrupted smoke cloud over the area.

Damn... can't wait to drive one of these into town... After I've flattened it, of course, eheheh!! biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ July 28 2004,13:06)]@ calm_terror: stick to your mod and see that it does something good

Don't judge the team based on the comments of one of their members, Miles Teg is being quite helpful. smile_o.gif

There will be a demonstartion video of the TOS much like that of the new M109, soon.

Awesome pic's, so go ahead, and release it, 'kay? biggrin_o.gif

But seriously, shouldn't the ammo type read: 9M27K-TB, as opposed to FAE220-d?

Trying to keep things accuarate, you know?

More great looking pics Gen.Carnage. biggrin_o.gif

FerretFangs, that's some pretty specific info. Got some inside source? wink_o.gif

yeah! howcome you couldnt say that before.. the hours of searching the net.. all waisted smile_o.gif

so thats its name then.. good2 know, thx man

*edit

hmm ok, looks like im gonna have to trust you on that.. i cant find references to that name.. removing the -TB results in cluster rockets, 220mm.. so i guess it's correct.

@ Jaguar: I don't, and I respect Miles Teg, he is wise and helpful... unfortunately, calm_terror isn't... (I just told calm_terror to worry about his mod, not yours). Haven't had as nearly as much pleasure with LB stuff as I had with DKM stuff, but as I said, I'm not here 2 flame... I love all addon making in OFP, and I love to support addon makers constructively!!!  biggrin_o.gif

@ Gen. Carnage: Man, that's looking so good you're making the MRLS look bad next to it!!!  wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

yeah! howcome you couldnt say that before.. the hours of searching the net.. all waisted smile_o.gif

so thats its name then.. good2 know, thx man

*edit

hmm ok, looks like im gonna have to trust you on that.. i cant find references to that name.. removing the -TB results in cluster rockets, 220mm.. so i guess it's correct.

Oh no, Carnage, I'm not really sure of the designation. But 9M27K is the basic 220mm artillery rocket. The TOS-1 TB warheads are a variation of the basic rocket. So I fudged it. But it makes as much sense as FAE220-d does, right? wink_o.gif

It's probably easier to find pics of a Black Eagle than to find the designations for half the munitions the Russians use smile_o.gif

the FAE220-d was only a name for me to recognise which script is running, so to speak.

well, the name sounds about right, so i'll use it smile_o.gif thanks

Erm... verry sorry to pic up this old thread *chokes in dust* but thought was better than to make a new one asking about this.... is there any chance one can train with this still in 2004? New Year's eve celeb rocket salvo would be best fired from this beauty... biggrin_o.gif