Sign in to follow this  
RMATICH

Flashpoint looks great!!!

My new pc runs OPFP at 1204x1204 or so on high detail. I have an ATI Radeon 9800Xt card and an Audigy 2 ZS sound card. Thanks to all those in the "favorite addons thread because that made it easier to find the addons I needed. smile_o.gif I only have 512 MB of ram so it does not run "everything" maxed out. I have 2100 for my view distance with all shadows and textures on. My cockpit and models are maxed in resolution.

I have also tweeked my LODs. I'm getting 19 to 34 frames a second even with the new Water/NVG post proscesing with Kegety's addon. The water looks fantastic now. I'm playing Call Of Duty and the sound rock with my Audigy 2 ZS.

I also got Unreal Tournament 2004. I'm able to run Medal Of Honor and the Spearhead addon fulling maxed as I am able to run the other 2 [COD and UT2004]. I'll be tweeking OFP to get just the right mix. Its view distance that I hear makes a big impact on frame rates.

My pc was custom built for gaming. I'm so thrilled to be able to play Flashpoint the way it is meant to be played. smile_o.gif This community helps make the transition to my new machine a smooth one. Thanks all. unclesam.gif I hope this is in the right area or is appropriate.

I know what you are talking about. Every time I got a new piece in my computer I first tested it with OFP. But surely OFP is no longer a good benchmark since it doesnt use your hardware in an optimised way. COD is no challenge to most modern computers but Far Cry definetly is... because... if you realy want to be astonished then you should challenge your computer with ALL DX9.1 effects... It is the best benchmark game for new PCs

My old pc runs OPF at 1280x1024x32, i have ti4200 and SB live, my view distance is set at 1300/1400 (depends on island), my textures are all set at 1xxx something, MoH and its mods do not infest my HD, my DVD is broken and one of my cooling fans makes alot of noise especialy during summer when i remove the box side cover thingy.

Thanks for listening world, i feel alot better now smile_o.gif ...

Sounds kinda like my (downstairs) PC, with a fan that makes a hideous racket on startup, and the case off to stop it overheating tounge_o.gif

Upstairs one is all modern and good, just not connected to the net....... wink_o.gif

loud fans  rock.gif

look what i had to live with for almost a year before i replaced it with a silent zalman fan:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">..the Delta FFB0812 EHE.  "The Extreme"

Delta 80x80x38mm

Rated Voltage 12vDC  

80.16 CFM @ 5700 RPM

52.5 dBA ..

ehe80.jpg

*mounted on icehole to fit the ugly mutha on my cpu*

Oh mines quiet now, its just on start up it sounds like a cat caught its tail in the fan and is being dragged in.......

What's your temp inside right about now?

lol, my old one (P4 1.3) only works every third time you start it cause usually it doesnt even start to boot, in other words it stops right at the "INTEL" screen. biggrin_o.gif

sounds like a cat caught its tail in the fan and is being dragged in.......

lol, i have a kickass video involving a cat playing with a fan (noones got hurt), it´s just too funny, wigh i could post here..unfortunately it has some bad webadress displayed in a corner..if i only knew how to blend over or blur out the part of the video i could upload it for ya

I have a clean version of that video at home -- I'll post it tonight after I get home.

Ahh I love software that is "futureproof" after every upgrade it's like playing a whole new game! biggrin_o.gif

lol, i have a kickass video involving a cat playing with a fan (noones got hurt), it´s just too funny, wigh i could post here..unfortunately it has some bad webadress displayed in a corner..if i only knew how to blend over or blur out the part of the video i could upload it for ya

Have you seen the one where a moonroof on a car catches a cat offguard? smile_o.gif

Have you seen the one where a moonroof on a car catches a cat offguard?  smile_o.gif

Yes, and I still have nightmares

tounge_o.gif

Hey! Its loud but works ok tounge_o.gif .

My comp needs an upgrade though...

MB Asus P4s533-E, P4 2.4, 512 megs of cheap generic DDR 333 mhz ram, MSI gf4ti 4200 128 megs, SoB live, sg barracuda, a incredibly old compaq keyboard whose keys (WASD) work perfectly after 4 years of FPS gaming, etc.

Where do i start? crazy_o.gif , i thought about replacing the video card and upgrading my RAM but im soo lazy and i only have OPF in my comp now, i also dont see any interesting games coming out except stalker so meybe ill just replace my horrible pc case and get a new DVD or something.

And before you goons start trashing my comp. i never experienced overheating, crashes and freezing, lock ups or anything like that and i have better FPS in Vietcong than some uber high enders tounge_o.gif .

I have a clean version of that video at home -- I'll post it tonight after I get home.

omg weeeee, thank you biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Have you seen the one where a moonroof on a car catches a cat offguard?
the vid where the cat tries to jump right through the wall rock.giftounge_o.gif otherwise nope.. do you have a link ? smile_o.gif

I don't know if that kind of thing can be posted in the forums so check ur pm Burns

lol cool video, didn´t know that yet :P

methinks since it´s comercial it would be no problem to post but it´s always better to ask a mod first  wink_o.gif