Sign in to follow this  
edejl

Static Objects Add On

Hi all I've decided to make an accesories pack to add atmosphere and that extra something to cutscenes and missions.

I've completed the first draft of one item, the combat belt the soldiers wear. Obviously it is in it's first stages.

I plan on making boots, helmets, perhaps weapons propped up. Any more suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

EJLBelt2.jpg

Hi edejl,

I remember seeing a thread either on this forum or over at OFPEC where someone mentioned about gunracks and new ammo boxes i think.

This would be a good starting point.

PH

Thanks, all I've found is a quick discussion there about gun racks but nothing about them being made. A gun rack would be good I think.

Sure, I'll get on it...hmm the shiny bit of the CD might be...interesting.

Thanks for suggestions!

Maybe dissasembled for cleaning M-4 or Beretta, MREs pack, First Aid Kit?

Or newspaper with possibility to set your fav? smile_o.gif

Statues of differnet types and sizes. Nice looking signs like Guba For President o4, welcome war heros, or simply Killroy was here.

Roadside billboards would be good also. Carts to sell things like from a market somewhere. There are a lot of open market areas in Europe. A podium, anthing red white and blue like banners and bunting, ballons. Really patriotic. unclesam.gif I've wanted flag draped caskets of different countrys like Us and Russia, Britton. A hearch and an American Flag draped casket on a stand. Flower arrangments, a hearse. A movie screen [large outdoor one] showing a picture of a movie scene. A football, base ball fields, and outdoor basketball court. I'll think of more later. A few types of swimming pools would be nice also. Flashpoint needs all kinds of stuff that has not been added yet. I'm trying to think of more but can't. Thast a start at least. smile_o.gif

Cleaning kits addon?rock.gif!!!!!....Damn!! Does that mean we gotta clean our weapons everyday before we log off the computer?rock.gif?rock.gif? wow_o.gif (....hehe..i pity the tank crew then...CLEAN THE MUD ENCRUSTED TANK!!)

Do u remember that when M-16 was released for the first time it was claimed to be "self-cleaning"? And life has verified it - "self-cleaning" means u have to clean it by your-SELF tounge_o.gif

cases of beer/vodka/alcohol would be good

(and mt dew would be good too biggrin_o.gif )

i really like the flag draped over the coffin idea. . exelecnt idea!

"questionable magazines" would be nice for tents and such

thats all i can think of for now too

Fitness Crap, like Dum Bells, A bench were you can train your abs, and a High Bar to pull you with up

Very bad english(i think)

Woh thats a lot of stuff lol. Yeah I think the flag things would be good. especially the coffin etc.

Keep 'em coming!

[Edit] I made a VERY quick coffin (it was going to be on a stand that's why the ends of the flag are draping)

I'm British if you couldn't guess!)

Coffin1.jpg

OK a quick billboard has been made. A pic will be up soon. Anyone know how to get user changeable pics up there?

Thanks

Make some diamonds and rare artifiacts. That way people can play steal the diamond missions or race to the diamond missions. Wouldn't that be awesome. You got to find certain artifacts with a variable set position somewhere on the map everytime you play and if you find one you can pick it up with a script and when dropped off at a pawn shop or something you receive money that will be used to like...fund your army or something or just plain win the game. Like whoever reaches a certain amount of money wins the game. Anyhow some rare artifacts worth gawking over would be very nice. A suitcase full of money would be nice to have as an addon. By the way I have a pick up and drop objects script that i can send with you with a demo mission if you need to release with your addon. Anyhow what else lets see ....a chest full of riches would be nice. Make like an umm...A huge bomb!! Yeah and then I can have my script buddy make a script for you where he can add actions to it like disable n stuff like that. Someone has done this before but in theres you had to cut wires but the wire that would work changes every time so you're sure to die, but in this one all you got to do is get to it. A huge bomb would be cool. What else.. hmmm....

Fitness Crap, like Dum Bells, A bench were you can train your abs, and a High Bar to pull you with up

Very bad english(i think)

dum bells? dont we have enough of those on MP servers already? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

the cofin thing looks good man. keep up the great work smile_o.gif

Another good thing to make would be an open laptop. There is already a closed one, but I think that an open one would be better.

lets see, dead animals -EG-foxes,rabbits,

an open cash register full of money,

i would like to see more interactable destroyed vehicles.

more soon

A good idea is a vhs casette. Like maybe you found out where a hostage was executed so you go there and find the body, and the camera, but the tape isn't there, so you end up with an open camera with no tape, then no tape, but you gotta look for clues as to where the tape is. Another good idea is a pack of matches that have the name of a hotel on it or a pub, and then a billboard sign that matches up, so that you can put the billboard on any regular ofp pub or enterable building, and the matches will kind of guide you to the pub so ofp enters the realm of mystery or detective work.

lol bakery I like your short stories lol.

Thanks for the suggestions, a lot to take in but yeah I'm keeping going. Thanks for everything.

Any ideas on how to have user defined posters on billboard?I assume it's like adding a flag to a flagpole??

[Edit] Quick video stack made, obviously textures aren't sorted yet, but hope you get the idea.

Also, rough, blank billboard pic added

EJLvideos.jpg

EJLBillboard.jpg

[Edit 2] Anyone know why I can't have more than one add on with a similar config installed at the same time, the others just don't show on the list. I think it's cos they all start with "EJL " below:

Quote[/b] ]class CfgPatches

{

class Billboard

{

units[] = {Billboard};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Static: All {};

class Building: Static {};

class NonStrategic: Building {};

class TargetTraining: NonStrategic {};

class TargetGrenade: TargetTraining {};

class Belt: TargetGrenade

{

model="\Billboard\Billboard";

armor=20000;

scope=2;

displayName="EJL Billboard";

}

}

Hi edejl,

I am no expert at configs but i do see that you have made a mistake here:

class Belt: TargetGrenade

i think it should be class Billboard: TargetGrenade

PH

There is an addon available somewhere (i think it is called nazg messageboards) that has billboards and posters in it.

I have a copy of the addon if you want me to email it to you so you can see how it is done.

Also you can add more than one addon into a config if they are similar.

Thanks Parker, yeah lol the belt is from my belt I made, copying and pasting and didn't see it lol.

What do you use to seperate the different pieces of writing in the same config file? If I jsut copy and paste the above config and change the relevant pieces for each one in the same config, should it work? Cos it doesnt, it says class cfgpatches member already defined

Hi edejl,

I will try and make this as simple as possible by finding a relevent config and putting it on here for you.

PH

Quote[/b] ]class CfgPatches

{

class okop

{

units[] = {okop,okopkon,okop};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.75;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class Static: All {};

class Building: Static {};

class NonStrategic : Building {};

class House: NonStrategic {};

class Fence : NonStrategic {};

class okop: Fence

{

vehicleClass=" RdR_obj"

model="\okop\OKOPnew.p3d";

armor=100000000000;

mapSize=4;

scope=2;

displayName="okop";

};

class okopkon: Fence

{

vehicleClass=" RdR_obj"

model="\okop\okopkon.p3d";

armor=100000000000;

mapSize=4;

scope=2;

displayName="okopkon";

};

class okopkzb: Fence

{

vehicleClass=" RdR_obj"

model="\okop\okopzb.p3d";

armor=100000000000;

mapSize=4;

scope=2;

displayName="okopzb";

};

Hi again edejl,

Well i got this config from a polish fence addon that i just downloaded and it contains 3 seperate fence peices in it but they are all defined within the config so that you don't need to have a config for each seperate fencing peice.

Of course all 3 fence parts are part of the whole but you may get what i am getting at here.

I have got another addon also done by polish addonmakers that has a config with 4 buses and a van and car all defined within the one config.

If you still don't get this then i shall put that one on here as well.

PH

I am studying these configs most of the time so i think i get the gist of most of it but it is difficult in putting into words.