Sign in to follow this  
cassandra

Help Wanted

Hey cassandra,

How are you getting on?

Munk, contrary to belief, very few shemales have masculine voices. Transvestites do as a matter of course (but how would i know wow_o.gif )LOL

I think it is important to try and implement female voices into OFP and lets hope that BIS implement them into OFP2.

PH

Ya....well, it would be nice if ofp2 can have some women soldiers and i don't want to have like optinions for women voice or man voice......i just want the computer to deal with it, find out if its women or not and choose the right dialog if you know what i mean.

~Bmg

It's also possible to have new hit sounds, breathing sounds, and running sounds for a female soldier if you wanted to. And it is possible to create new voices that only this soldier will use, what do you think the RHVoices.pbo is tounge_o.gif

Hey

Also, cut in a lil relationship with Armstrong and like this one blackops chick or something...get married, then we have some kids to make crazy_o.gif

~Bmg

Combat-Ready Moderator

hey i just wanna say i suport cassie in every way cause i like the ideas of women in combat cassie can u be my bitch

BINGO!!!!...cassandra, u may have just found the illusive answer to better female voice...

I can see where u are heading..instead of changing the pitch, go for adam's or other main speaker's file and replace it with your own! A definative yes, only thing is..we may have to open up ofp like kegetys and go for adam's folder ( or redirect the path from ofp's sound directories to your pbo......)

Its an immense project to undertake, cant do it alone and would need the help of 'unofficial' ofp experts before u attempt it...( i am way outta my league in this department! crazy_o.gif ) ...not just config a few lines in the cpp or a few lines of script..for this project perhaps u might wanna wait for ofp2 first?...I am sure alot of guys wouldnt mind a male voice now cos we got used to it and furthermore, in the heat of the battle, we hardly hear what is said or are pretty quiet in our approaches to battle. But then..the choice is yours..all the best  smile_o.gif

I'm halfway done doing this with my girlfriend. I already have a whole voicepack with my voice, so I'll let you guys know once I've finished it.

Quote[/b] ]I'm halfway done doing this with my girlfriend. I already have a whole voicepack with my voice, so I'll let you guys know once I've finished it.

Hi JGreyNemo,

Glad to hear its coming along and is very much needed in the game. Make sure you give your girlfriend a lot of credit for doing this and good luck with the rest of the project.

Do you have any idea how cassandra is getting along with the model as there has been no word from her for a while.

Parker Hale

Okay, I've never worked with modelling, and you're probably very familiar with this, but I'll suggest it just in case.

I've changed the "Pilot View" in the Config.cpp for some customized characters(mostly adaptations of Blink Dog's various Amazon Ladies).

Second , Dealing with the voices , I use Peter, John and Jonah usually, in a pitch of around 1.200 and up (too high and I have a chipmunk).

For the female units though, I've robbed some female screams from another game , so at least when they get shot , they scream like women.

Below is the config for the key unit.(It's a retextured version of Blink Dog's GSmisKKK. When I get the textures to where I want them , I need to try to get a hold of him to see if he can repath the textures to it's own model)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgPatches

{

class BlackCanary

{

units[] = {BKCanBase,BKCanC,BKCanE,BKCanR,BKCanW};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.46;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All

{

class ViewPilotBase{};

};

class AllVehicles:All{};

class Land:AllVehicles{};

class Man:Land{};

class Soldier:Man{};

class BKCanBase: Soldier

{

scope=1;

vehicleClass="Men";

icon="soldier";

mapSize=0.5;

model="\GCmisKKK\GCmisKKK.p3d";

picture="\GCmisKKK\BlackCanaryPic.paa";

nameSound="blackop";

moves=CfgMovesMC;

extCameraPosition[]={0,-0.15,-2.5};

minGunElev=-65;maxGunElev=+70;

minGunturn=-5;maxunTurn=+5;

minGunturnAI=-30;maxGunTurnAI=+30;

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase

{

initFov=0.90;minFov=0.35;maxFov=1.15;

initAngleX=2;minAngleX=-65;maxAngleX=+70;

initAngleY=0;minAngleY=-150;maxAngleY=+150;

};

Fscream1[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm1.ogg",db-30,0.95};

Fscream2[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm2.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream3[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm3.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream4[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm4.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream5[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fnoo.ogg",db-25,1};

hitSounds[]=

{

Fscream1,0.1,

Fscream2,0.3,

Fscream3,0.2,

Fscream4,0.1,

Fscream5,0.3

};

accuracy=0.60;

audible=0.005;

sensitivity=2.0;

sensitivityEar=0.6;

precision=1;

camouflage=0.001;

nightVision=1;

canFloat=1;

attendant=1;

canHideBodies=true;

hiddenSelections[]={"medic","heal"};

threat[]={0.6,0.2,0.01};

irTarget=false;

formationX=1;

formationZ=1;

destrType=DestructMan;

type=2;

armor=12;

armorStructural=2.5;

armorHead=1.00;

armorBody=1.20;

armorHands=0.80;

armorLegs=1.00;

displayName="Black Canary";

weaponSlots="1 + 16 + 2 * 4096 + 8 * 256";

cost=20000;

};

class BKCanC:BKCanBase

{

scope=2;

side=3;

displayName="Dinah Drake";

weaponSlots="1 + 16 + 2 * 4096 + 4 * 256";

weapons[]={StrokeFist,FE_Throw,FE_Put,Binocular,NVGoggles};

magazines[]={StrokeFist,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack};

cost=100;

};

class BKCanE:BKCanBase

{

scope=2;

side=0;

displayName="Black Canary (Assassin)";

nameSound="specnas";

attendant=0;

camouflage=0.0005;

weapons[]={StrokeGun,mVSS,FE_Throw,FE_Put,Binocular,NVGoggles};

magazines[]={StrokeGun,mVSSmag,mVSSmag,mVSSmag,mVSSmag,SEBC4,SEBC4,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack};

};

class BKCanR:BKCanBase

{

scope=2;

side=2;

displayName="Black Canary (Expatriot)";

weapons[]={StrokeGun,MP9smg,FE_Throw,FE_Put,Binocular,NVGoggles};

magazines[]={StrokeGun,MP9mm,MP9mm,MP9mm,MP9mm,SEBC4,SEBC4,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack};

};

class BKCanW:BKCanBase

{

scope=2;

side=1;

weapons[]={StrokeGun,FEM3A2G,FE_Throw,FE_Put,Binocular,NVGoggles};

magazines[]={StrokeGun,FEM3A2,FEM3A2,FEM3A2,FEM3A2,SEBC4,SEBC4,SmokeShellBlack,SmokeShellBlack};

};

};

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyWeapon {};

class ProxySteyr: ProxyWeapon {};

};

That's not the original game Pilot Views , but you get the idea.

Soundwise, for all the other female characters I modified the configs of , I had to copy the following section to each in order for it to work:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Fscream1[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm1.ogg",db-30,0.95};

Fscream2[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm2.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream3[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm3.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream4[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fscrm4.ogg",db-30,1};

Fscream5[]={"\GCmiskkk\Fnoo.ogg",db-25,1};

hitSounds[]=

{

Fscream1,0.1,

Fscream2,0.3,

Fscream3,0.2,

Fscream4,0.1,

Fscream5,0.3

};

This saved having to add the .wav files to each addon.

The one downside is that this addon has to be in the Addons folder for the rest to work.

By the way, I've got the notion in my head that the total of the second entries for each in the hitSounds[]={}; have to equal 1, I think they are percentages.

Someone more familiar with configurations will probably know how to add other voice wav files.

I hope this is of some help to you , or someone at least.

I look forward to the release of your addon and need to ask a favour.

Could you include a config.ccp file with the addon if you binarize it. I run v1.46 still and have to convert all the newer addons so they'll run in that version. I have no way to decode a .bin file.

Thanks ahead of time , good luck yto you and keep up the excellent work.

Hey

Also, cut in a lil relationship with Armstrong and like this one blackops chick or something...get married, then we have some kids to make crazy_o.gif

~Bmg

Combat-Ready Moderator

Find the door to your house, open it and go outside. There are even females outside!!!

wink_o.gif

Hey

Also, cut in a lil relationship with Armstrong and like this one blackops chick or something...get married, then we have some kids to make  crazy_o.gif

~Bmg

Combat-Ready Moderator

Find the door to your house, open it and go outside. There are even females outside!!!

I think BMG has stated he lives not far from Mt. St. Helen. Maybe everyone else has run away.

I can see BMG now, in his little log cabin, busy at the PC with his earphones plugged in.

Meanwhile, at the volcano down the creek............................. wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think BMG has stated he lives not far from Mt. St. Helen. Maybe everyone else has run away.

I can see BMG now, in his little log cabin, busy at the PC with his earphones plugged in.

Meanwhile, at the volcano down the creek............................. wow_o.gif

Thats a way I want to die. Playing flashpoint. tounge_o.gif