Sign in to follow this  
ManiacMike

MARFY : I need to ask you a question

I want to know if you will let me take over your Desert Pack (the Hummers and everything) that BAS is supposed to be shelving " wink_o.gif ". I was hoping that you would give me the permission to finish them and release them to the public.

And I almost forgot, your TOW Launcher as well that everyone want along with the Desert Pack? smile_o.gif

You cant PM him because he doesn't have a account (that I know of) on this forum. I cannot find an email on his site either

Besides he isn't going to release any modern day addons, nore let anyone have it besides BAS. BAS shelves it its dead. This was discussed several times over in the BAS thread. I guess now were gonna see dozens of threads pop up like this now, Like Marfy even bothers with the forums to begin with cause too many people irritated him back when he was more active in the mod community.

Well does anyone know how I can contact him? rock.gif

I've tried to contact him for a month and a half to no avail.

Besides he isn't going to release any modern day addons, nore let anyone have it besides BAS.  BAS shelves it its dead.    This was discussed several times over in the BAS thread.    I guess now were gonna see dozens of threads pop up like this now,   Like Marfy even bothers with the forums to begin with cause too many people irritated him back when he was more active in the mod community.

I did not ask for your opinion on this. And yes i have been to the BAS threads. And i don't care what the hell you or anyone says. I am still going to try to get them off of him so i can work with them.

Besides I could probably do an even better job with them than BAS anyways.

I hate to put this out now. BUT .

I guess its time.

I am hoping by the end of this year to release one of the biggest US mods ever done.

What this mod will have is:

Navy SEALs -

Delta's -

Ranger's -

USMC Soldiers

SOAR Pilots -

Tank Crew (multiple versions) -

Hummers

Blackhawks

Blackhawks (for the Navy SEALs) -

SeaHawks -

CH-47's

CH-53's -

Abrams Tanks (multiple versions) -

M113's (multiple versions)

Nightvision Goggles (multiple versions) -

Strobe light addon

And more to come...

Everything with a tic beside it will deffinitely be in the pack. Ones with out are still to be determinded, and have not been started yet or are in the begining stages.

and before anyone asks. No i will not be releasing any pics, YET, because i don't want to tease everyone. There may be a few that i cannot release. Pics will come later.

Wow, who is gonna help you? If you go it alone its gonna take forever.

I dont mean to be too skeptical, but we already have a bunch of good rangers, blackhawks etc.

Have you considered just concentrating on the things noone else is making? Like SEALS? That way you can release them sooner and make sure they are the best quality by not having to worry about other things. Thats just my 2cents.

Either way good luck, looking foward to those seals.

the thing is i have been doing it all on my own, because thats what i like to do, and everything ticed off is already done, but there are a few that i am still just trying to get right and perfect like everyone wants. Like the SEALs for example. One thing i have already done on them is the working strobe lights, where you can only see the strobe through nightvision goggles. and now i am tring to make the strobe a seperate addon like i have ready someone wanted.

All I was saying is that since we already have most of those stuff you should concentrate on stuff noone else has like seals. I just speak for myself, but I am not wiling to Dload anymore rangers, or Blackhawks, I already have too many. I will only do so if I can replace it with a better one.

The community would probably appreciate something new rather than more of the same. Plus you got to live up to some high expectations with orcs and bas' ranger, etc.

But if you want to make them great, either way im pyched about getting a seal.

Can you give us a time frame for any of your addons?

Besides I could probably do an even better job with them than BAS anyways.

I like ur spirit man.....everyone thinks bas are "The Gods of OFP" but they aren't. Anybody can do as good as BAS, even better. They are too much of preppy little kids who think they are King-Kong. (don't send me angry pms bas team, you'll get even worse ones from me. you don't know how much a 12 year old kid can curse.....and yes, I AM 12 years old and proud of it)

Quote[/b] ]nore let anyone have it besides BAS.  BAS shelves it its dead.

Well, someone could use ODOL Explorer to de-binarize the models, make Humvees and trucks with weapons, and then see if Marfy approves of them.

Quote[/b] ]you don't know how much a 12 year old kid can curse

Internet threats are pointless unless you actually can back them up. Curse all you want, but there are very few people here who will be intimidated by a 12 year old with a potty mouth tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Or just build ur own model

Marfy's vehicles are retextured BIS models rock.gif . All you'd have to do is retexture the BIS vehicles and you'd have the same things as his Humvee and 5T Truck (Assuming that you can texture as well as Marfy).

Quote[/b] ]nore let anyone have it besides BAS.  BAS shelves it its dead.

Well, someone could use ODOL Explorer to de-binarize the models, make Humvees and trucks with weapons, and then see if Marfy approves of them.

Heh. How you going to do that without having them?

Keep up the good work (if it's actually being done) Mike... I like it when the addons match up with eachother quality wise. Hate putting good soldiers into crappy vehicles.

Anyhoo Marfy is a busy guy... he's very busy with work I hear... only people who can probably contact him with ease is BIS and Sebastion Muller...

Quote[/b] ]Or just build ur own model

Marfy's vehicles are retextured BIS models rock.gif

And how do you know that?

Quote[/b] ]Heh. How you going to do that without having them?

You'd almost think that Marfy never released unarmed desert versions of the Humvee, 5T Truck, and M113 tounge_o.gif . Check OFP.info .

Quote[/b] ]And how do you know that?

I read OFPEC addon reviews. I also de-binarized the models, and I noticed no differences between the BIS models and MAF models (Except the better MAF textures).

Quote[/b] ]I AM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS.

Ah shit, you've got me there. But who's gonna make 'em Woodland?

But they were new textures on the new Humvees. :P

Quote[/b] ]But they were new textures on the new Humvees. :P

We'll suffer, but I think we can live with the default MAF textures (The horror! tounge_o.gif ).

Quote[/b] ]But who's gonna make 'em Woodland?

There already are Woodland trucks, and you could use the same colors and patterns to texture the Humvees.

Quote[/b] ]Heh. How you going to do that without having them?

You'd almost think that Marfy never released unarmed desert versions of the Humvee, 5T Truck, and M113 tounge_o.gif . Check OFP.info .

Quote[/b] ]And how do you know that?

I read OFPEC addon reviews. I also de-binarized the models, and I noticed no differences between the BIS models and MAF models (Except the better MAF textures).

Quote[/b] ]I AM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS.

1. Wrong. The models and textures that are in the BAS pack are completely reworked and much more high-res than the original.

2. Wrong on point one ergo wrong here too.

Quote[/b] ]1. Wrong. The models and textures that are in the BAS pack are completely reworked and much more high-res than the original.

Really rock.gif I think the old Marfy's retextured desert units already looked so perfect that everything else i placed close to them looked bad. Well except Cats Afghanistan map maybe...

Did anyone here ever try Flaber's HMMVV pack? It sure is nice, may not be perfect, but until anything else comes out Woodland-wise, they're my favs... good thing I got them before they were taken offline (though I'm not sure if I've got v0.75 or v0.76 lol).

Desert Hummers

Woodland Hummers

I agree BUZZARD. This is the majority of HMMWV's I currently have on my PC, all driver/gunner/cargo anims work, there is no muzzleflash bug, etc. Why the hell are people bitching about a lack of hummers?. Sure these could be remade to a BAS/Marfy standard but for all playing purposes they are bug free. Even with no shadows I could use these until OFP2 arrives and wouldn't think "man I could sure use another 10 hummers."

Get over it.

Cap.