Mister Frag

OFP videography

The "beer-party" sipirt is also in Belgium !!!  yay.gif

Even if I don't understand a word of what you said..., I love your song !!! MAX RIGA, you and your friend, YOU ARE KINGS...!!!!!!!!!   notworthy.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  My favorite moment: 1:51 until 2:24 biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

PS: flashpoint rulezzz ? What does it mean ? The rules of Flashpoint.... ? (sorry for my pooring english)

blockquote><p>You asked for that  [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/tounge2.gif' alt='tounge2.gif'>
Quote[/b] ]<span style='color:white'>And yes, I was joking</span>

ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]I love your song !!! MAX RIGA, you and your friend, YOU ARE KINGS...!!!!!!!!!

lol, thx dude

we are working on new song and i'm already in the process of making flashpoint clip for it wink_o.gif

P.S. - flashpoint rules ( i made it sounds like rulzzz/rulezzz ) means - this is freaking cool game !!! xmas_o.gif

P.S. - flashpoint rules ( i made it sounds like rulzzz/rulezzz ) means - this is freaking cool game !!!  xmas_o.gif

OK...  biggrin_o.gif

I've just send it to friends and they love you....  notworthy.gif It's really the same "spirit" in Belgium when it's beer-party between good friends !!!!

Now, your vid has found its place on my hard-disk: classic vid directory !

yay.gif

P.S. - flashpoint rules ( i made it sounds like rulzzz/rulezzz ) means - this is freaking cool game !!!  xmas_o.gif

OK...  biggrin_o.gif

I've just send it to friends and they love you....  notworthy.gif It's really the same "spirit" in Belgium when it's beer-party between good friends !!!!

Now, your vid has found its place on my hard-disk: classic vid directory !

yay.gif

lol, thx

i really hope u will like my second song too ... and it's ok if u will use flashpoint rulzzz song in ur movies too ! lol

what's up video makers

are there any new projects in the processing? wink_o.gif

hopefully i will post screenshots of my new video in a couple of days ( thinking about monday 16th jan ). i can tell u with all my proud - there is no similar vidio in flashpoint as i'm working on right now smile_o.gif)))

any way, pierre keeps silance for a long time ( must be working on something too ). but others?

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment Riga... I had an idea with your song but it doesn't work... sad_o.gif

First, I wait the vids of the christmas competion to see the skill level of the competitors... tounge2.gif

wink_o.gif

Unfortunately, nothing at the moment Riga... I had an idea with your song but it doesn't work... sad_o.gif

First, I wait the vids of the christmas competion to see the skill level of the competitors...  tounge2.gif

wink_o.gif

what was the idea about my song? lol

can u give me link on other movies in xmas competition?

Simple: try to film a concert with a lot of spectators around a huge screen... with your vid on it !   tounge2.gif But I didn't find any "dancing" scripts...  sad_o.gif and finaly, it's too difficult to realize it with adobe ! Possible, but too complicated  banghead.gif

can u give me link on other movies in xmas competition?

I would like to....  whistle.gif ...but it's IMPOSSIBLE riga ! The judges are still working. The only christmas vid I ve seen is... mine... nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]I would like to.... ...but it's IMPOSSIBLE riga ! The judges are still working. The only christmas vid I ve seen is... mine...

lol

i thought that people must chose the best one. or judges must be good in moviemaking if people are not voting for the best movie mad_o.gif

Simple: try to film a concert with a lot of spectators around a huge screen... with your vid on it ! tounge2.gif But I didn't find any "dancing" scripts... sad_o.gif and finaly, it's too difficult to realize it with adobe ! Possible, but too complicated banghead.gif

Depending on the footage of the crowd, it's be realtivly simple postion the video over the screen, but if people/objects etc move infront of the screen, then you have to rotoscope them out, which would be hellish as they'd be extremely blured.. But if the screen just blue, then you could key that out, and use the matte from that and use it as a mask for the video (Basicly so you only see the video on the blue areas of the video, ie the screen), then just layer them (Possible in Permire, I think, though if the camera moves you'd need to use a proper composoting app, and possibly a motion tracking thing.. While not hard to use, they take a bit of learning..)

But the hardest part is getting decent concert footage with an unobscured and preferably blue/greenscreen projection thingy..

If you get the stage footage, it's not hard, but otherwise sad_o.gif

- Ben

dancing scripts?well...I know only this breakdance animationHERE

Thanks but I've already tried it... That's not what I expected !

Simple: try to film a concert with a lot of spectators around a huge screen... with your vid on it !   tounge2.gif But I didn't find any "dancing" scripts...  sad_o.gif and finaly, it's too difficult to realize it with adobe ! Possible, but too complicated  banghead.gif

Depending on the footage of the crowd, it's be realtivly simple postion the video over the screen, but if people/objects etc move infront of the screen, then you have to rotoscope them out, which would be hellish as they'd be extremely blured.. But if the screen just blue, then you could key that out, and use the matte from that and use it as a mask for the video (Basicly so you only see the video on the blue areas of the video, ie the screen), then just layer them (Possible in Permire, I think, though if the camera moves you'd need to use a proper composoting app, and possibly a motion tracking thing.. While not hard to use, they take a bit of learning..)

But the hardest part is getting decent concert footage with an unobscured and preferably blue/greenscreen projection thingy..

If you get the stage footage, it's not hard, but otherwise sad_o.gif

- Ben

Absolutely... ! sad_o.gif

But I have a new idea...  wink_o.gif I mean a new project !

Nice HotShot...

* Unfortunately, english is not my mother langage !    sad_o.gif  LOL

Here are some words in french for those who will understand...;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HotShot, c'est du super travail... Le scénario est en beton et tu as réussi de facon trÄs pro Å• faire enchainer une multitude de scene dans une logique évidente ! L'exemple du zoom vers le ciel puis sur la terre pour l'antenne de communication, comme on dit: "That's rocks !!!"

Ce que j'ai juste ŕ déplorer, c'est le manque de qualité et de fluidité de tes prises de vues... Du ŕ ta carte graphique, ram, processeur ou tout simplement le mauvais parametrage de ton fraps ? Faut voir également avec quel programme tu compresses le tout et en quelle qualitée...?

Enfin, une toute derniÄre chose, je trouve qu'il y a quelques prises de vue qui sont un petit peu de travers... Par exemple, le terroriste qui place une charge explosive et on voit ses bras travailler dans le vide ou encore les mecs qui montent dans les véhicules... c'est clair, t'y est pour rien, c'est le moteur d'OFP, ou plutot les limites de flashpoint N°1 qui empechent de faire des scenes comme nous les imaginons. DÄs lors, j'essaye moi-mÄ™me d'éviter au maximum ce genre de prises de vues...

Enfin, essaye au max d'éviter de rester trop longtemps sur la męme prise de vue (comme dans le hangar quand tu mitrailles les talibans...), c'est un peu "monotone" surtout quand il n'y a pas de son derriere. Le setacctime joue aussi beaucoup et doit etre en parfaite synchro avec le rythme de la zic... wink_o.gif "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed, as you wrote it, this vid has a "clear" storyline ! This scenario was really intresting and exactly in the same context of the current war in Iraq.

Except some point of view (i.e. when the terrorist place the satchel, it could have been better to record behind him than on the right), the fps you used and the resolution must be changed but otherwise, IT S WAS REALLY INTRESTING !!! pistols.gif

I also appreciated all the different scripts you used especially with the christmas theme... xmas_o.gif

Keep in this way...   smile_o.gif

This movie has abit more of a storyline than my past attempts:

Revenge Will Come (WMV, 18.6MB, 5mins)

I like that alot. The storyline had an unexpected twist, wasn't totally lopsided, and showed that anyone's number can be up anytime no matter how well trained and prepared he is.

Hotshot, the "Revenge will come" movie is simply outstanding notworthy.gif

positive

+ a complete story, and yet not boring, but told very swiftly and elliptically, no over-lengthy conversations, but brisk action and agile camera work, all packed in 5 minutes

+ both sides of the story are shown, adds to suspense

+ there's some classic shots in there, like the explosion shown from the helicopter's point of view etc., the helicopter and the plane close to each other

Pierre from Belgium says that you could additionally try to hide some typical OFP1 engine limitations (like suicide bomber 'disappearing' into the car), but I think you have already managed to evade a lot of the camera.sqs stereotypical POVS

on a sidenote, it's a complete mystery to me why we haven't been able play such Iraq-themed scenarios in our SP missions folder confused_o.gif

congrats

the Xmas movie is a compelling story too, although at the "moment supreme" a setmimic "happy" seems needed tounge2.gif

(Now his reaction looks a bit like: "Oh no, now I can't continue to work on my OFP movies".) wink_o.gif

(Now his reaction looks a bit like: "Oh no, now I can't continue to work on my OFP movies".) wink_o.gif

Yeah, that bitch, interuppting everything tounge2.gif The 'invite in' anim at that same time seems to be abit slow too.

Thanks for the comments guys. I googled Pierres text and i think i got the gist of it, but with Googles grammer and my lack of any French more than counting 1-10, makes for a bad combination, so the translation is appretiated redface.

The mimic on the CC video i tried to do, but i couldn't get the LipSync programme to work crazy_o.gif I was worried people might think of it as somewhat depressing too, although the guy gets his girl at the end. I have only seen mine nad pierres videos so far for the competition, but it looks like Pierre will get Elite.

The FPS is abit crap i agree Pierre. I had to scrap a few of the shots i had taken as they were even lower FPS than they are in the video, but VBS seems to give slightly better performance whilst recording (i used Fraps2) than OFP, i have the resolution at 1024x768 in-game (the shots are quite blurred when i lower it anymore and higher and it has low FPS). I used Windows Movie Maker to edit and save the movie. It has its limits, but does most things. It needs a second Audio 'line' though, i had to mix the radio chatter into the song using an audio editor for the iraq movie.

When i saved it, the audio was approx 1-2 seconds out of synch with video. I played it through on Movie Maker and when the last 'bang' of the song is played the LGB exploded, but when i saved it, it played late. The radio chatter goes on for a second or so sooner than it did too. I checked the movie again in Movie maker but cant see a problem.

I'll be sure to edit it better next time to try and disguise the 'bugs'/animations that come with Flashpoint like the getting in car one.

Looking forward to the other OFPEC entries (i liked Pierres, its very christmasy, anyone else got one to show?) and more videos here.

Not only a great move (I agree with Redface about the view of the explosion from the pilot's view), but also great choice of music! Woo! Go MUSE! biggrin_o.gif

HotShot,

Firstable, what you're "experiencing" with ofp occured to me too... I mean, I had exactly the same problem with Windows Movie Maker ! (Quite funny what happening... wink_o.gif )

The engine of this program is too limited to get a 'professionnal" result. The first problem is the unstability for a huge movie: more than 6 Go of sequences to compress in less than 50 mo; too big for this "basic" windows program !

The other point is the audio "lines". With Windows Movies Maker, it's impossible to keep the best video quality if you want to add more than one audio line ! That's the problem !!So, I tried to calculate an average and I've noticed you lose 50 % of the video quality if you add more than 4 audio lines on the same file... (For the novice, "4 audio lines" means 4 compressions with the same file, using every time one line. (the only one...  sad_o.gif )

Secondly, the quality of the "beginning":What I mean with the term "beginning" is the initial record with the best "pixels": I play OFP in 1600x1200 with a 15 fps in fraps. At the same time, a setacctime is NECESSARY ! Minimum, <0.8

-------------------  wink_o.gif   DON T FORGET MOVIE MAKERS  wink_o.gif  ------------------  

Then, you need to learn ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS ! It's the perfect program ! But the problem is: it's  banghead.gif for novices... LOL

Otherwise, you loose the visual quality instead of the audio.

PS: Thank you HotShot for your nice comments about my christmas movie...  biggrin_o.gif To win the competition would be a great pleasure for me and especially, a huge "boosting" for the rest ! But I think it will not be so easy... (It was a worldship competition and your vid was also very intresting... notworthy.gif )

Well done Hotshot smile_o.gif

Anyway, I got bored today, and after watching one or two of those, decided to make an OFP film (Well, start on one anyway tounge2.gif)

I have a rough idea of what I want to do, but theres a few things thats in the way..

Firstly, the Xerox B-61, when detonated (via setdammage), just made a noise, and a flash of light, I can't see the acctual cloud.. Which is extremely annoying as it's a centeral part of the story (I need it visible in a few shots, otherwise it makes feck all sense..)

Basicly, the shot is this but from behind them.. I want them to, just before the blast, hold each others hand (The other problem, I might end up just making a static object out of the two of them, instead of the anim), then the explosion to turn the screen white, then to fade slowly back (to normal brightness), which will reveal the explosion (So it's easily visible, preferably just a bit smaller than the couple).

Any suggestions (For the hand-holding, and explosion)? I think I can manage it okay with just a static object of the two, but the explosion I'm stuck on.. I could remove the dammage code in Xerox's nuke okay, so it doesn't kill anything, but it doesn't seem to want to work (It's invisible..) confused_o.gif

- Ben

congrats hotshot, thouroughly deserved .

@dbr

the nuke from rad f18 is better looking and not so damaging ,i use it for vid, cause it dont kill me whilst filming smile_o.gif

i know its not effect exact ,but look this nice mushroom

small and far

nk83xz.th.jpg

big and close

nk40ne.th.jpg