Sign in to follow this  
oyman

oyman_a10

if you dont have/want INQ's A10 then dont install the A10i

Are those my only options rock.gif , or can i install inq's A10 and then A10i? Please? sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  smile_o.gif ...

no.

now go back to your room tounge_o.gif

Hmm, i dont have Inq's A10 i think, and i got an extra file called Oy_flare.pbo or something like that, wouldnt it be more convenient to have just one pbo file rock.gif .

i did these things in seperate pbo's because i dont wanna upload 8 mb file on 56k, and so you dont have to dl the whole thing again, also makes it easier to upgrade things

a little pic for you guys

oymana1023.jpg

Awright they are really great biggrin_o.gif . The round engines, new landing gears and cannon give great visual improvement compared to the BIS one, great stuff smile_o.gif .

If Oyman and Inq. would team up to make a final one with ejection seat and some more stuff it would be really awsome.

TY very much Oy!

uh, the pic gives it no justice, they are very good smile_o.gif .

Some thoughts on these:

- Love the Avenger's sound on the A10 (Maverick), but it appears to be different from the (Green) and (Grey) version? Are these supposed to be different or am I missing something. The BRAAAAAPPPP!! Sound of the (Maverick) version is farrr superior. However it needs to be much louder while in cockpit. Additionally, although I don't know if it's because of the volume, but when on the ground, you don't hear the avenger fire too well.

- It looks as though the avenger cannon 3d Model on the front is different for some of the versions as well? Is this intentional? The Grey/Green versions are superior, but the Maverick version looks like the old variant. (But the sounds are superior?)

- The sound of the A10 flying by aren't very pronounced. They might need to be turned up a and given more of the sound of something large and menacing within proximity.

Thanks for this Oyman! Some of our pilots have been clamouring for a new A10. Looks like this could be the ticket they're looking for.

.:iXnay

Some thoughts on these:

- Love the Avenger's sound on the A10 (Maverick), but it appears to be different from the (Green) and (Grey) version? Are these supposed to be different or am I missing something. The BRAAAAAPPPP!! Sound of the (Maverick) version is farrr superior. However it needs to be much louder while in cockpit. Additionally, although I don't know if it's because of the volume, but when on the ground, you don't hear the avenger fire too well.

- It looks as though the avenger cannon 3d Model on the front is different for some of the versions as well? Is this intentional? The Grey/Green versions are superior, but the Maverick version looks like the old variant. (But the sounds are superior?)

- The sound of the A10 flying by aren't very pronounced. They might need to be turned up a and given more of the sound of something large and menacing within proximity.

Thanks for this Oyman! Some of our pilots have been clamouring for a new A10. Looks like this could be the ticket they're looking for.

.:iXnay

Well Seeing I live near an Airforce base that has the biggest a10 squadron, the A10 is heard only when the pilot wants to be heard. Inner cockpit sounds are about right, seeing its seems to have taken in account of the pilot is wearing his flight helmet, which muffles a great deal of the external noise.

Just need the random radio chatter, and the noise from the rebreather. When the pilot is wearing his O2 mask. I should give up a pilot model thats was in the works just for the A10, but the guy making the F117 made a slightly better one, and dropped making the addon. As well as a dozen or more other addons, to lessen repetive addons.

I like the plane it was a nice work around on it the addon makers canceled eachother out enough to make a very nice addon.

A10 (Maverick) is the one made by INQ.

the remake of the INQ one is A10 (inq)

the latest version of XY2K3 updated a few hours ago uses INQ's gun sound and oyman/inq's model smile_o.gif best of both worlds wink_o.gif

Well Seeing I live near an Airforce base that has the biggest a10 squadron, the A10 is heard only when the pilot wants to be heard.  Inner cockpit sounds are about right, seeing its seems to have taken in account of the pilot is wearing his flight helmet, which muffles a great deal of the external noise.

Fair enough. I've only seen A10 videos from afar... assumed it's gorilla stature and ferocity went hand in hand with flight sounds... Guess not.

Learn something new everyday ;) Thanks Bobcat666

No, they can be very quiet, especially on a low altitude approach. But the cannon should be MUCH louder. I've heard it as much as ten to twelve miles distant in Louisiana. But it's not the muzzle blast. That's a muffled sort of chugging from a thousand yards or so. But that is totally drowned out by the sound of the projectiles breaking the sound barrier. It's more than 250db at least if you're in viewing range of the gun pass. The impact of the rounds is also quiet in comparison, sort of a muffled ultra-rapid crackle/thud. Those were the training rounds, though. I don't know what the DU and HE/FRAG sounds like first hand. Probably similar for the DU, but the HE is going to thump/pop a bit more.

Actually, I don't think I want to hear it, first hand.

Oyman: can u recheck the flare effects? in my pc they appear with little white triangles...are these counter-measures (chaff?) or just a weird glitch?

Oyman: can u recheck the flare effects? in my pc they appear with little white triangles...are these counter-measures (chaff?) or just a weird glitch?

ya the little white triangles are chaff, i thought looked wierd too crazy_o.gif

Nice, but i don't like this gun (sound and power) and too big zoom crazy_o.gif

Nice, but i don't like this gun (sound and power) and too big zoom crazy_o.gif

i gotta see if im actually hitting the target tounge_o.gif

what wrong with the cannon beside the sound

to strong too weak?

Great addon!  I see the reason for the zoom, though it may be a 'bit' too much.   The normal view is so wide, it's great for situational awareness, but makes it hard to gun a tank down.   If you open the zoomed view a few degrees, it would be perfect IMHO.  The dispersion on the gun is great, makes it less like a laser and more 'realistic' to plaster a target area.  The multi layered engine sounds as you watch the AI pound a target and flyby are phenominal!  I would not be heartbroken at all if you didn't do this, but would it be possible to get that engine 'buzz' accentuated as the A-10 dives onto a target?  They fly over my house all the time, practicing, and can understand why that noise haunted the armies in Iraq and Kosovo.  smile_o.gif

I also like the way it takes off from a runway, you get the feeling that it's a laden warpig - barely able to liftoff.. Very Nice.

Beautiful plane, great sounds, great AI control (@ >75%skill), and just fun to fly.  blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif

(very happy customer)