Sign in to follow this  
oyman

oyman_a10

I think it was mentioned before, but typically the Sidewinders are carried in pairs on one pylon, usually outboard. The jammer pod is opposite.

And there is a centerline station as well, BTW. But this is typically loaded out with a large drop tank for ferrying. For realism purposes, it's empty in combat. It's definately a "wet" station, to be loaded with aux. fuel tanks.

But,Im unsure as to whether it can be loaded with weapons. I think it can. Global security. org states three underfuselage weapon stations, indicating the centerline station as well.

For giggles, you could place the jammer, here, another Maverick, or perhaps a Mk82, or FFAR pod. The FFAR makes the most sense.

The A-10 is a capable dumb-bomb truck, but using Snakeyes and Slicks in a high threat battlefield with AA and MANPADS is very dangerous for Warthogs. This is work typically done by fast movers, like the F-16. In recent combat they would ususally be loaded out with cluster munitions, in keeping with the CAS mission. These days, it's most often the CBU-87B.

Anyway, I'm just trying to help. And I've seen many of these things close up. I used to live on an A-10 base, at that time the home of the 23rd Fighter Group/74th Fighter Squadron, AKA the Flying Tigers.

i think im gona move the sidewinders on 1 pod and ill put that thingamabob on too. kinda like this

a10load.jpg

Yep, that's how it should look. Now about those LGB's....

Could you make one load out with CBU's instead? The F/A-18 pack has some good ones, as does Footmunch's F-15E and F-16 pack. Very effective, fun, and realistic.

Oh, and BTW, I've got a great .WAV of the GAU-12 firing. Nice and LOUD. Sounds like a cross between a giant two stroke engine, and a god farting. Good stuff. I remeber when I was a kid you could hear it from miles away when they were chewing up targets on the range. BuuuRRRRAAAAAHHHHP!

you know i suggested this before and i dont know if its feezable

but look into that whole Mcar deal and see if there isnt a way we can finnaly cross weapon loadouts. like have bombs and missels. have sidewinders, mavericks, and some LGBs

but look into that whole Mcar deal and see if there isnt a way we can finnaly cross weapon loadouts. like have bombs and missels. have sidewinders, mavericks, and some LGBs

dont we already have this?

dont we already have this?

afaik its still "impossible" to combine different types of missels and bombs. i havnt seen a plane released with both A2A, A2G, and bombs all on a single aircraft

Better look at footmunch's planes then. 'Cause he does it with his Strike Eagle and it works very well.

And Hawk's Ka-50 Hokum, it has interchangable weapons.

Looking nice there oyman biggrin_o.gif

About cluster bombs... it'd be nice to have them, but for them to work properly you'd have to fly at a decent altitude, probably at least 150m, and how many of us would fly an A-10 that high tounge_o.gif

I think OFP needs better simulation for somehow flying a plane up at a few thousand feet or higher since that's how high most of em fly.

And Hawk's Ka-50 Hokum, it has interchangable weapons.

Looking nice there oyman  biggrin_o.gif

About cluster bombs... it'd be nice to have them, but for them to work properly you'd have to fly at a decent altitude, probably at least 150m, and how many of us would fly an A-10 that high  tounge_o.gif

I think OFP needs better simulation for somehow flying a plane up at a few thousand feet or higher since that's how high most of em fly.

i fly that high biggrin_o.gif i fly at all hieghts smile_o.gif

ok, i just need to do 2 more things compress it into a pbo which might take a hour to do crazy_o.gif (inq cockpit textures) and upload it somewhere smile_o.gif

ok, i just need to do 2 more things compress it into a pbo which might take a hour to do crazy_o.gif (inq cockpit textures) and upload it somewhere  smile_o.gif

if you can email it to me i might be able to temp host it for awhile assuming its under 10 megs

its around 6.50 mb with compression and stuff (grown from 617kb) doh i need to write a readme

I hate to ask, but will anyway,

Can we still expect its arrival tonight, or will it be this weekend sometime? (Just wondering if I need to go ahead and stay up half the night awaiting the Hawgs arrival!) biggrin_o.gif

The Whistlepig

im having problems getting it uploaded at ofpec but someone setting up some mirrors right now... ghostface.gif

biggrin_o.gif Well, there went my night then. Another night that my wife will be without her husband due to Flashpoint tounge_o.gif

Now, awaiting its arrival!

The Whistlepig

biggrin_o.gif Well, there went my night then.  Another night that my wife will be without her husband due to Flashpoint   tounge_o.gif

Now, awaiting its arrival!

The Whistlepig

awwwwwwwwwwwwww shaddup tounge_o.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/files/oyman_a10.rar

i was playing with it geeze give a man time to have fun. . . i got needs too tounge_o.gif

lol have fun

ill ofer an @war mirror as soon as i have posting abilities (for downloads) smile_o.gif

thanks for the dl link Pappy Boyington smile_o.gif

Hmm, i dont have Inq's A10 i think, and i got an extra file called Oy_flare.pbo or something like that, wouldnt it be more convenient to have just one pbo file rock.gif .

if you dont have/want INQ's A10 then dont install the A10i

Are those my only options rock.gif , or can i install inq's A10 and then A10i? Please? sad_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif ...