Sign in to follow this  
JLC

To save game data to disk???

Hello to all, I have a series of data in the game that I want to save to disk to analyze them later calmly. They are data that interest me that they are been upgrading in real time and I can hardly see them in the screen. Is there some form that data can be saved in the hard disk in some format type?

you cannot export data via commands. sad_o.gif

but if you build a dialog with some text-boxes and fill them with your informations, you can copy (ctrl+c)/paste (ctrl+v) them into notepad or word. wink_o.gif

Check the comref for debugLog:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">debugLog anything

Operand types:

anything: Any Value

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Dump argument type and value to debugging output.

Example:

debugLog player

I've never tried it, but that may help smile_o.gif

I remember Suma mentioning that this command was disabled in the release version of OFP and was only used for internal debugging at BIS. I think you might be better of trying to (ab)use the system BIS implemented to carry ammo & weapons from one mission to another.

Softegg - I don't have idea how to make a text box in OFP. I think that this can solve the problem, because all the output that interests me is already in strings. I will take a look to the command reference to see what I find.

MSMS_KDXer - I will also try your idea, and God willing it is not like says joltan.

I before writing this was trying to lower the debug console of Vektorboson but their site tells me that that link doesn't exist. Does some alternative place exist? Somebody knows that it happens with this site.

Thank you, at once I go to unload the tool and to see that there is with that. I also found another function textLog with the same signature form that debugLog and apparently they make the same thing. The problem is where this the debuggin output.

There is no output, you can only generate some indexed variables filled with the strings. If you do not create indexed variables you will crash because your string will exceeed 4090 most likely.

so write your stuff to vars like:

output1

output2

outputN

then display each in something like VektorBoson's console or some other dialog as mentioned here.

I created a couple of dialogs to hold data, then just cut and paste it into excel after a little formatting:

Description.ext:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define CT_EDIT    2

class RscEdit

{

type = CT_EDIT;

idc = -1;

style = ST_LEFT;

font = FontM;

sizeEx = 0.02;

colorText[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorSelection[] = {0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1};

autocomplete = false;

text =;

};

class DlgTutorial

{

idd = -1;

movingEnable = True;

controlsBackground[] = { };

objects[] = { };

controls[] = { MY_XEDIT , MY_YEDIT };

class MY_XEDIT : RscEdit

{

idc = 100;

x = 0.01;

y = 0.01;

w = 0.98;

h = 0.04;

};

class MY_YEDIT : RscEdit

{

idc = 101;

x = 0.01;

y = 0.06;

w = 0.98;

h = 0.04;

};

};

I filled a couple of arrays with X & Z positional data then inserted them into the dialog:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ok = createDialog "DlgTutorial"

ctrlSetText [100,Format["%1\n",XCoords]]

ctrlSetText [101,Format["%1\n",ZCoords]]

But as bn880 said, your limited to how much text you can work with in one go. So you may have to peice together your data.

you must take care about the lenght of your strings.

the maximum characters you can fill in a textfield is 255.

if you try more, ofp crashes to desktop.

As I already said, it's 4096 characters. 12 bits of addressing.

The problem this in that I don't have the Vektorboson´s console. I found this thread

Vektorboson's announcement of debug console

where Vektorboson announces the console version 2, I try to unload it but the link gives me an error that the files don't exist.

Looking for a little there was the following message

02.04.2004 Update

My work gets a new license, therefore downloads were removed. They will be up soon again.

in the link

Vektroboson's OFP Page

Does somebody know some place I be able to discharge the two files in the Vektorboson´s announcement?

Or

Can somebody that has already unload them send them to my, or to put them in some place so that I can unload them?

I forgot a last thing

The problem is in that I want to visualize many strings whose longitude doesn't exceed the 70 characters. These strings interest me that they are generated each one second or less during approximately 5 minutes.And of course I need to see them. I think that the best form is using the Vektorboson´s console.

Quote[/b] ]

try a PM to bigpoppa

I declare myself a beginner in this forum. In fact this it would be the first message that would send to somebody personally. How do I obtain the bigpopa address?

Quote[/b] ]

try a PM to bigpoppa

I declare myself a beginner in this forum. In fact this it would be the first message that would send to somebody personally. How do I obtain the bigpopa address?

Click here (I hope the link works)

Good luck!

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

try a PM to bigpoppa

Quote[/b] ]

Click here (I hope the link works)

Good luck!

Yes, the link works. Thank you, have just sent him the PM, now it is necessary to wait

Quote[/b] ]

Hey, bigpoppa is history, you should've PMed me,

Apologize, I thought that they were the same person. Thank you for the link, immediately I begin to work and then I tell to you