Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Hailuoto

Your island is looking very nice.I love that little town.I can just imagine it as a quiet town and with some Russian Para's desending in the background  biggrin_o.gif

h27.jpg

i would REALLY like a summer version of this island... and maybe even a autumn one (using Maldovic trees n stuff)

cant force you to make it though...

Yea, I was thinking about making an summer version aswell ;).

i think a autumn one would be nicer than a summer one. Maldevic being the only autumn map available.

and i would prefer all 4 seasons :P

winter, spring, summer and autumn (hey, isnt that a song or sumthing btw??)

anyway, summer and winter is enough i think (even though a autumn would be a cool addition)

anyway, summer and winter is enough i think (even though a autumn would be a cool addition)

I would do that, if I know a way to replace a the objects (Trees and roads) to different ones in Visitor2, I tried changing objects with config (I'm not a programmer;) ) but that only work on the forest. There is a way to replace objects (see Eastborder). But no succes so far.

Otherwise, I would surely create a summer and autumn version of Hailuoto ;).

I would do that, if I know a way to replace a the objects (Trees and roads) to different ones in Visitor2, I tried changing objects with config (I'm not a programmer;) ) but that only work on the forest. There is a way to replace objects (see Eastborder). But no succes so far.

Have you tried WRPtool?

Or did I misunderstand completely, and you just meant changing the objects without having to have separate summer and winter wrp:s?

Have you tried WRPtool?

Or did I misunderstand completely, and you just meant changing the objects without having to have separate summer and winter wrp:s?

Ofcourse I need 2 new .wrp's to change the ground textures.

But there needs to be a way the replace all the objects then, Wrpedit had the option to do that I believe. Haven't fully tested WRPtool yet, will try. smile_o.gif

Ok. WRPTool does have that function and it's pretty easy to use.

For example you can change lets say 1000 "Tree A" to 500 "Tree B" and 500 "Tree C" etc. Simply choose from the object browser the object you want to replace and then the objects you want to replace it with.

I also noticed that you can put one object more than once to the "replace with" list, if you want to have more of that object than the others. It's really fast and easy to use. I strongly recommend using WRPtool.

crazy_o.gif hmmm, WRPtool doesn't work, I load the wrp and stays loading for 5min and I need to use the ctrl+alt+del combo rock.gif .

Doens't It support costum addons or something? I wonder what object manager is in Visitor2, it is greyed out. Don't Visitor2 support a replace function?

Looking very good Berg, looks like an excellent replacement for the SWAF Winter island we currently use.

crazy_o.gif hmmm, WRPtool doesn't work, I load the wrp and stays loading for 5min and I need to use the ctrl+alt+del combo  rock.gif .

Doens't It support costum addons or something? I wonder what object manager is in Visitor2, it is greyed out. Don't Visitor2 support a replace function?

It does support custom addons. They (a copy of them) just need to be placed (preferably binarized) in the same directory as the unpbo'd cain, abel, eden, data3d, O etc. folders.

Looking very good Berg, looks like an excellent replacement for the SWAF Winter island we currently use.

Thanks, but keep in mind that it uses FDF 1.3 ;).

Quote[/b] ]It does support custom addons. They (a copy of them) just need to be placed (preferably binarized) in the same directory as the unpbo'd cain, abel, eden, data3d, O etc. folders.

Ok, I'll try again in a different folder.

Edit: Here is what WRPtool does:

Read Settings

Read Texture Paths...

Texture Paths read.

Read Object Paths...

Texture Object read.

Read 11 Classes

Read Texture Paths...

Texture Paths read.

Read Object Paths...

Texture Object read.

Creating Cells...

finished.

Read Object List

Read 644 Object definitions

Read Object Previews

[importWrpFile] Signature: 4WVR

X size: 256

Z size: 256

Read 65536 Texture indexes

Then It does nothing anymore. rock.gif

=) Ah, found the option in Visitor2 you needed to disable buldozer to do it. tounge_o.gif

GCS0032.jpg

GCS0033.jpg

GCS0034.jpg

These are pictures from the summer version, the winter is done, Hailuoto with the 3 versions will prolly be done this week smile_o.gif .

Very nice island you got there, Berghoff.

Would it be possible to include the addon-objects from the FDF-mod in a separate PBO or something?

I like most of the addons in FDF but I don't like all the changes it does to OFP.

Would be very nice to be able to run this island without the whole FDF-mod.

Very nice island you got there, Berghoff.

Would it be possible to include the addon-objects from the FDF-mod in a separate PBO or something?

I like most of the addons in FDF but I don't like all the changes it does to OFP.

I cannot include stuff from FDF in my own .pbo.

But if you have FDFmod you can copy some pbo's to your addons folder so you only copy the textures and objects, but that's only for private use.

But haven't tested this myself yet.

This is what Fighter's Autum Nogova does.All you have to do is copy the FDF_Island_o.pbo and put it where ever you put the Island Pbo..

Yes, but what about other objects that can be placed through the "empty" menu that are not included in the island_o pbo? Alot of these require the entire/mod config.