Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

well, i'll have only one word :

HA !

(well, we may be the next so ...)

Can´t we end this ?

You´re out as other teams are out. What´s the big deal ?!?

Your team had the chance to win the penalty showdown and didn´t do it.

That´s life !

Get over it before it get´s ridiculous.

What, exactly, is the problem in discussing this? Its a 50-50 decision, and thats exactly what 80% of pub talk is about - decisions like this one.

ArsÄne Wenger who was commenting on the match on the French channels said the foul would probably not have been whistled in the U.K. because of the different cultures : after all, British football is way more physical than in Latin countries...

It is a pity to see the English team go away, even though I think they adopted the same attitude as against France, that is catenaccio defending. Damn, I don't know them too much, but I can't help thinking that this was weird from their part...

"La meilleure défense, c'est l'attaque !" (Best defence is attack !)

Quote[/b] ]right so we arew not allowed to discuss a duboius ref and his decisions.

We could do this for ages as there were other dubious referee decisions throughout this tournament. Did you hear any german whining because of the 2 penalties we didn´t get in our last match ?

It´s just as simple as it is. You have to eat it.

As I said before you had your chance in the penalties but you didn´t make it. Full stop.

If everyone here would complain about dubious referee decisions that his countries team has experienced the thread would be 100 pages more and still it wouldn´t change anything. Besides that the decision in today´s game was ok and justified. There were much more dubious decisions than the one today.

Typical Frenchman..  Did you even watch the same game as we did?  We were so robbed it was unbelievable.. I

Doesn't matter how we played.. We could have had all 11 players on the goal line for 80 odd minutes but still scored a very valid goal to avoid extra time.

That video proves nothing. It was a goal...fact... The left arm of John Terry came down onto Ricardo's shoulder as he came down from attempting the header.. Look at his eyes. He's concentrating on the BALL.. Not to knock the keeper out of the way.

But anyway... we're out and I'm gutted..  But I'm seriously hoping that Baros and co of the czechs can really give the arrogant French a good hiding!  biggrin_o.gifrock.gif

Come on Czech Republic!  I'm sure the Spanel boys could give Baros some special scripting to bang a hat trick against the French  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]right so we arew not allowed to discuss a duboius ref and his decisions.

We could do this for ages as there were other dubious referee decisions throughout this tournament. Did you hear any german whining because of the 2 penalties we didn´t get in our last match ?

As I said before you had your chance in the penalties but you didn´t make it. Full stop.

If everyone here would complain about dubious referee decisions that his countries team has experienced the thread would be 100 pages more and still it wouldn´t change anything. Besides that the decision in today´s game was ok and justified. There were much more dubious decisions than the one today.

right okay you have told us to stop talking about one of the major talking points of the tournament.

Anyway back on it, look at the slow mo at the end of that vid, sol actualy climbs on terry more than any obstruction, the keeper had to go through both terry and cam so IMHO it aint a foul. Afterit hit the bar the keeper really did not have a clue what was going on, so when cam an terry went for the header the keeper realised 1/2 way through and jumped into em to try and get to the ball, he failed and then cried foul, same with all continental football, one touch and your down and rolling around.

ArsÄne Wenger who was commenting on the match on the French channels said the foul would probably not have been whistled in the U.K. because of the different cultures : after all, British football is way more physical than in Latin countries...

that was said in german tv i.e. by franz beckenbauer (lang lebe netzer!), too. but this euro is a euro and not english premier league. smile_o.gif

right okay you have told us to stop talking about one of the major talking points of the tournament.

Anyway back on it, look at the slow mo at the end of that vid, sol actualy climbs on terry more than any obstruction, the keeper had to go through both terry and cam so IMHO it aint a foul. Afterit hit the bar the keeper really did not have a clue what was going on, so when cam an terry went for the header the keeper realised 1/2 way through and jumped into em to try and get to the ball, he failed and then cried foul, same with all continental football, one touch and your down and rolling around.

You just described obstruction smile_o.gif

He tried getting to the ball, but two England players (most notably Terry) were in his way - obstruction. He didn't even have to touch him to have it stopped smile_o.gif

That's my final touch on this topic. Good night lads, cya all tomorrow. tounge_o.gif

@ June 25 2004,01:14)]Typical Frenchman..  Did you even watch the same game as we did?  We were so robbed it was unbelievable.. I

Frenchman? Who are you calling French? I'm Swedish smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That video proves nothing. It was a goal...fact...

Sure, Totti junior, sure  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its a 50-50 decision, and thats exactly what 80% of pub talk is about - decisions like this one.

Sure but I didn´t know that the official forums were renamed into "Operation Flashpoint Pub - Only drunk customers are happy customers" biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Frenchman? Who are you calling French? I'm Swedish smile_o.gif

Please accept my apologies.. I didn't mean to offend..

Quote[/b] ]Its a 50-50 decision, and thats exactly what 80% of pub talk is about - decisions like this one.

Sure but I didn´t know that the official forums were renamed into "Operation Flashpoint Pub - Only drunk customers are happy customers"  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Have I got news for you, check the bleeding topic title smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

You just described obstruction smile_o.gif

He tried getting to the ball, but two England players (most notably Terry) were in his way - obstruction. He didn't even have to touch him to have it stopped smile_o.gif

That's my final touch on this topic. Good night lads, cya all tomorrow.  tounge_o.gif

if two players jump for the ball (both on the same side) and while in the air the keeper jumps into them to try and get the ball but falls because he cannot reach it that is not a foul.

@ June 25 2004,01:22)]
Quote[/b] ]Frenchman? Who are you calling French? I'm Swedish smile_o.gif

Please accept my apologies.. I didn't mean to offend..

LOL, now that's not very nice  wink_o.gif

I don't know, partly I want to see France get its ass kicked because it is likely that they will be crying like little girls (like the Italians and now you wink_o.gif ), which is of course enjoyable. On the other hand, we've lost Italy, Germany and now England. It would be a pity if all the big teams got kicked.

this discussion leads to nothing...  sad_o.gif

okay but im still gonna talk about it because it's pertnant to tonights game, but on another note i must say that the whole tournament has been hit with some at times very shit refereeing.

But o well, here come the olympics and some hopefully high Class Field Hockey (My Main sport) so ill probally enjoy some of that.

@ June 25 2004 @ 01:14)]

Typical Frenchman..  Did you even watch the same game as we did?  We were so robbed it was unbelievable..

Frenchman? Who are you calling French? I'm Swedish

The Frenchman has got to be me here, and this is what I say : we are not going to beat Greece, and still less the Czechs, by playing the way we have so far.

this euro is a euro and not english premier league.  

Exactly.

@denoir: if you mention us (germany), don't forget spain wink_o.gif

@monkey: overally the referees made a good job so far. i know, there were some false decisions, do you remember france-england, when henry's shot "hit" g. neville's arm? (i think it was henry/neville...)

on a side note: its really ironic that Hélder Postiga, who is currently warming the bench at Totenham and voted worst foreign player in britain scored our first goal biggrin_o.gif and scored a really funny penalty, cool blooded b*stard he his...

@denoir: if you mention us (germany), don't forget spain  wink_o.gif

@monkey: overally the referees made a good job so far. i know, there were some false decisions, do you remember france-england, when henry's shot "hit" g. neville's arm? (i think it was henry/neville...)

i actually thought most felt it was ball to hand, but i was on the bog (toilet at the time ) so i dunno

Have I got news for you, check the bleeding topic title smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Oh dear, there goes my thread... rock.gifwink_o.gif

nogoal06.jpgnogoal08.jpgnogoal09.jpg

Without Terry and his extended arm that would have been a goal. Full stop. Poor Campbell...

And if this is a pub according to the title,...

Dude, where's my beer? rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif

here. don't show it to hellfish. smile_o.gif

but now pay the bill! i want your 0.02€! wink_o.gif

j/k