Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

And now, instead of being a stressed-out wreck, I intend to enjoy some football.

Agreed, let's not be english.

blues.gif

Zlatan was not to blame, he played well and fought hard.

I say let the Czech win the Euro 2004 cup wink_o.gif

They deserve it wink_o.gif

And Nedved man that is a player  wink_o.gif

The man with the only and one 3 Knee disc very special guy  wow_o.gif

yea they do, the netherlands would never got here without the czechs winning from germany tounge_o.gif

I don't blame Zlatan for the loss but he wasn't himself today.

To bad such a even game have to be decided by penaltys when there were so many hot chance for both teams.

Congratulations Holland! smile_o.gif

And now, instead of being a stressed-out wreck, I intend to enjoy some football.

blues.gif

baiting, tbh with all the big teams out apart from Holland, its probally going to be a very boring final and semi's

No getting pissed for you tounge_o.gif

I hope the rest of the games arent this crap, I had to play fdf to keep myself sane crazy_o.gif

Actually looked like we had this game for a while. I am proud of the Swedish team, they fought good and gave me 140 minutes of excitement.

Very nice game Holland, but to be honest I think we played a better game for the morepart, but still. Very good game smile_o.gif

Zlatan definatley wasn't to blame, he missed one penalty which in the end didn't matter since Mellberg missed one aswell. Van der Sar had some great skill behind the posts too smile_o.gif

And yes, let's not be "Italian" or "English". A great game overall and as far as Sweden is concerned. Great cup!

Atleast we slapped Latvia on the nose, eh? tounge_o.gif

But I hope CZE-DEN will be correct wink_o.gif

Nooooooooooooooooo, I begged him! I begged him! sad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

But I hope CZE-DEN will be correct wink_o.gif

Nooooooooooooooooo, I begged him! I begged him! sad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Well if we´ll lose,Denoir is dead man tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

While we're on a killing spree can we get Urs Meier aswell tounge_o.gif

Nah, Czech. republic all the way! Would be lovely to see them take home the championship!

Im gonna step out of character here and ask a simple request, please for the love of all things holy, shut your pie holes with the sh!t stirring about England fans, its really starting to irritate and is getting old now, and I dont wanna explode either crazy_o.gif

*takes a deep breath and in...and out....* biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to see either Holland win, or a shocker with Greece winning that would be nice. I always like to cheer for the supposed underdogs if im a neutral.

If Greece win it, Germany if they have any sense should approach Otto if its not too late by then. Rather than the ex Bayern manager, although Id rather they didnt. smile_o.gif

Congratulations Holland'ers; Dutch'ers & Netherland'ers wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Was a pretty good match for being a 0-0 match now, don't ya think? They will probably have to exchange those goal-cages after this  tounge_o.gif

Let the ones who play the most happy & beautiful football win!

Someone said that it's a pity that all 'great football nations' are out, since that would result in boring football in the semi's and final..... Well how often do 'great teams' really play very entertaining?? I'm looking forward towards a great challange between the remaining 'underdog' teams  smile_o.gif FOOOOOOOORRRRRZZZAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Underdog's? Youre average European national team has a quality of players that is not far at all from the quality of "top" teams like Italy or France.Sure the top team's have a bit more raw individual quality ,my experience tell's me that this individual quality needs a good team organization to really make a difference.In my oppinion the Coach of a team is the biggest influencing factor ,it's easy to fuck up an excelent team with an bad coach and a relative weak team can be seriously strengted by a good coach.

Take as example Guus hiddink's exploit with South Korea in WK 2002.On paper the individual quality wasn't there to make the semi-finals (by far) ,however the sucses of that team in that WK came mostly due to their excelent organization and physical team effort.

It must be much more difficult to form a solid team with a bunch of millionairs like the French or Italian players ,guys with an ego of a mountain and with personal goals inside such a cup ,than with a country like Greece or full of young players that have nothing to lose and everything to prove.In any case ,you can see an evolution in the decline of big football nations supremacy the last decade in the big cups.

I noticed that almost all the deffensive style teams are out of the game .Italy ,Germany and Brittain to name a few who usually play an overall defensive game.It's good for viewers fun to have mostly offensive teams left ,atleast you know these teams will sacrifice defenders in favour for attackers and as result the number of goals will be larger.

I got the impression already since WK2002 that offensive style teams have a better chance than deffensive teams because offensive tactics might better developed the last years ,though it could also be that the defensive teams lacked good defenders this year.

Btw. Anyone of you guys know if turkey isn't considerd Europe in the European Cup or if they simply failed to reach the first round? (the latter would surprize me)

Holland! HOLLAND!!! AArrrrrrrrgggggghhhh...

Must.........resist......

Schade, Holland ist immer noch dabei, ... crazy_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Czech 2 : 0 Denmark

If Greece win it, Germany if they have any sense should approach Otto if its not too late by then. Rather than the ex Bayern manager, although Id rather they didnt.  smile_o.gif

His Majesty King Otto has already decreed that he has a contract until 2006, and he intends to see it out until after the World Cup (where he hopes for similar success) - or until he gets fired tounge_o.gif

Apollo, for some unbeknown reason, Turkey is a member of the UEFA crazy_o.gif But Latvia kicked them out in the qualifiers biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Apollo, for some unbeknown reason, Turkey is a member of the UEFA But Latvia kicked them out in the qualifiers

wow_o.gif

Well there is a bit of Turkey in europe (Istanbul/Byzantiun) and a bit of europe in turkey (lot of greeks there and greek culture at certain coastal regions) ,so i kinda count it as part of europe.

But beaten by LATVIA??? Damn Turkey reached the semi finals in the world cup ,and they have individual quality that with some good coaching should give a nice result ... normally.

If Greece win it, Germany if they have any sense should approach Otto if its not too late by then. Rather than the ex Bayern manager, although Id rather they didnt. smile_o.gif

Hmm, I think he feels well in Greece for now.

He was forced to resign as coach of the 1 FC Kasierslautern in 2000:

http://www.fck.de/geschichte/historie/2000_2001.php

rock.gif

On the other hand, his record is quite impressive

http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/rehhagelotto/

1964-1972: player, 22 goals, 201 games

1973-2000: coach in Germany's premier league, only one season second league(!), won several cups and championships

Seems Germany does expel those who excel...

Heute ist es leider so, dass die Berater ihren Jungs sagen: Ich mach' aus dir einen Millionär. Sie sagen leider nicht: Ich mach' aus dir einen guten Fußballer.

Today advisers say to their clients: I'll turn you into a millionaire. Sadly they don't say: I'll turn you into a good football player.

Indeed...

pollo, for some unbeknown reason, Turkey is a member of the UEFA crazy_o.gif But Latvia kicked them out in the qualifiers biggrin_o.gif

Russia took part in Euro 2004 as well. But Russia stretches from Europe to Asia, like Turkey does...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia

Ac.russiamap.png

In dubio pro reo?

Anyway, Turkey kicked out by Latvia... seems they are only a little bit weaker than Germany... biggrin_o.gif

Tonight:

Czech 1 -0 Denmark

At least, thats what I think but I tought Sweden would win too wink_o.gif

GOOOO HOOLLAND !!!!!!!!!

at least now with france out i dont have to hara kiri biggrin_o.gif