Sign in to follow this  
wantingcobra

Landrover 110

Well quite good, but why it can only transport 2 peaple? What about backseats? I suggest changing name from 110 to Landrover 110, first one is little confusing. Is there any chance for Landrover with normal steering wheel (for countries where peaple drive right side of road)?

@ Kuba

Look on our site for more info ...

110_s.jpg

fighter

smile_o.gif

Well quite good, but why it can only transport 2 peaple? What about backseats? I suggest changing name from 110 to Landrover 110, first one is little confusing. Is there any chance for Landrover with normal steering wheel (for countries where peaple drive right side of road)?

1) It's beta.

2) It's an Australian version. Thus the stearing wheel will probably stay where it is.

3) I wouldn't ask people to make RHD addons for me. Nor should you ask for LHD addons for you. It's not very polite.

I want that camel in the background. Where did that come from?

I played with this addon and found some good points and some not so good points..so here is (hopefully) some constructive criticism.

The way it handles seems to be ok, but travelling over any bumps it seems to fly into the air. The real thing weighs around 1.5-2 tons (depending on which version) So they just do not do this IRL.

The headlights need to be inset to the bodywork, as at the moment they seem like the civilian ones, only missing the black plastic mount. I don't know about australian military Landrovers, but british ones are always made with the lights set back from the rest of the front wings. However, I am glad you got the correct door handles, not the civilian ones which stick out from the sides.

A few things I noticed which did occur to me as odd:

The doors are obviously modelled as a sperate peice to the rest of it, yet the bonnet has no indentation, only a texture where it should be. I was wondering why this was, becuase doors usually fit flush with the bodywork while the bonnet centre being lower than the bonnet sides is quite noticeable.

Also, can you model the side compartments instead of textureing them? The texturing itself is quite good but the effect when looking at it seems very bland. Also, some dust or mud (not too much, obvisouly) would go a long way.  smile_o.gif

Also, I hope the black undersides are only for the beta, as they seem to look very odd. I know this is a beta, that's why this information is meant to help you, not put you down. This obviously has the potential to be a very great addon, and you should be proud of it. smile_o.gif

Another point is: the australian forces use a 6x6 version as far as I know. As the only mod doing this nationality, perhaps you should, if you haven't, consider doing this, as it would make a unique and very nice addition to the OFP landrover world.

BTW: not sure why people asked for a LHD version.. Landrovers are origianlly british so if anything they are RIGHT to be RHD  tounge_o.gif

LR, lovelly!!

About LHD, the UK and Australia aren't the only countrys that use the LR, and a 110 can be an ideal third world country military vehicle, as seen very often in some African armies.

I'm not going to ask WantingCobra or anybody to make a LHD version of it, but if you guys alow somebody to modifie this LR, it would be great.

I'll be using this LR aswell, is great.

Deliltmon beta landrovers pack is really good aswell, but tthe difference between this addon and Deliltmont one in the model is very obious. I like them both, and I can wait for final versions of both addons.

It would be great if you could expand this addon into a nice pack where you can have texture selection and possibility of adding custom textures, input by user, like RHS T-55s.

I would be very happy to give this landrover to Nogova and Sarugao's armys; yes, Sarugao's army, is something I invented for a few mission ideas coming from a history file I created a while back, but I can't do addons, so I have to use existing ones for them missions. Maybe one day I can get the units I need for it to become true, and this landys could do very nicelly. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the release, and I hope a final will be out soon.

Good job.

@CERO.

I wouldn't ask people to make RHD addons for me. Nor should you ask for LHD addons for you. It's not very polite.

Bloody well said mate! There is a serious absense of Australian orientated Flashpoint addons (good or bad!) and I, for one, applaud the makers efforts.

Going to have a look now!

Para

u seen the TV series bush tucker man rock.gif well he drived the 110 and it was good.

Anyway good to see the ADF mod still in action. smile_o.gif

Australia Rules

Moving to A&M: Discussion at the request of the addon author, who would like to point out that this link is to a beta and not indicative of a completed work.

The beta version is avaiable as a rar or a zip

sss016.jpg

@ wantingcobra and fighter

Thanks for hosting the file, could you update the obsolete file with the above.

@Kuba

The addon is based on vehicles used by the Australian Army, they are referred to as one tens (110's) or depending on the variant RFSV etc... I'll look into that some more though.

@ DKM Jaguar

Thanks for the feedback.

I havent noticed the flying problem, but the weight is set accurately in Oxygen. I did change damperforce/size in the config because once ingame the suspension was dropping by ~100-150mm (4-6 inches). I will be looking into it.

The lights and bonnet issues are partially lazyness tounge_o.gif and partially trying to keep the vert/face count under 3000 (maybe too low?).

I agree that the black has got to go.

I like the "3d" effect of the doors but you are right now I look at it again it should be much more subtle.

The battery box compartment is modelled in the beta. Again thanks for sharing your thoughts.

@ @cero

I had made desert textures but to include it (using the only way I knew how) meant adding another 2 p3d's and 2 340k pac's, in the end I decided it wasnt worth the resources. Especially since I had never seen 110s in desert camo. As this is my first addon I'm still learning to walk, once I'm up and running I'll look into the tecniques used by RHS thanks for the heads up.

Edit: changed formatting.

@ Hellfish6

Quote[/b] ]Moving to A&M: Discussion at the request of the addon author, who would like to point out that this link is to a beta and not indicative of a completed work.

ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE

only released stuff, including public beta releases

Hellfish6, please , read your Forum rules  smile_o.gif

Landrover 110 Beta (updated) - Mirror 1

Landrover 110 Beta (updated) - Mirror 2

fighter

smile_o.gif

^^^ Ahem...at the request of the addon author...since it is a beta, we respect the author's wishes. wink_o.gif

Very nice, and well done on making your first addon  smile_o.gif

I agree with Jaguar about the dip in the bonnet, it is rather noticable and I think modelling it on the UKF Landies was only an extra 7 faces.  wink_o.gifPic of modelled bonnet (I've put it in as a link as I don't want to seem like I'm taking over your thread, it is after all about your Land Rovers)

One suggestion I do have is that you might want to beef up the winch and hook as they look noticably 2d at the moment.

@Jaguar

Quote[/b] ]The headlights need to be inset to the bodywork, as at the moment they seem like the civilian ones, only missing the black plastic mount. I don't know about australian military Landrovers, but british ones are always made with the lights set back from the rest of the front wings.

I think he's got it right, after looking at the pic below, while they don't have the civvie spec surrounds they do appear to have some form of surround on them.

perentiev14.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Another point is: the australian forces use a 6x6 version as far as I know.

You're quite right they do use a 6x6 version of the Perentie as well as the 4x4 although strangely I don't think they use the 90, I don't think you can even buy a civvie 90 in Australia.

mil_3.jpg

Ambulance

6x6_Perentie1.jpg

Long Range Patrol Vehicle

veh_perentie1.jpg

*Edit, changed pics to ones that work.

Myabe it's an addon conflict, but when I get in as driver I find myself steering from the back seat...

@ Deliltmon

That texturing on your Land Rover is great!.

I consigned some things to the "too hard"/"not enough time basket" and reassured myself with a "I'm just keeping the face count low" without thinking about the overall impact on the finished product smile_o.gif having done the bonnet (it added 11 faces) I decided to redo the headlights (300 ish). And although it'll probably be of no consequence in game, it has made all the difference when you are taking a closer look. Looks like you have yours done but if you would like I can send you some links and I have taken stacks of digital photos.

Oh and thanks for the feedback.

@ Fighter

I asked to have the thread moved because the file being mirrored was "pre-beta". I didnt expect for it to be so widely distributed. But the good thing that came out of it was that I was motivated to pull an all nighter on Saturday to get it to Beta stage. Nice Screens BTW.

@ Major Fubar

I havent come across that (yet). Did you download the original 110.pbo as well as the seh_110.pbo? As you say maybe its a conflict (hopefully...).

@ @cero

I had made desert textures but to include it (using the only way I knew how) meant adding another 2 p3d's and 2 340k pac's, in the end I decided it wasnt worth the resources. Especially since I had never seen 110s in desert camo. As this is my first addon I'm still learning to walk, once I'm up and  running I'll look into the tecniques used by RHS thanks for the heads up.

Edit: changed formatting.

No worries.

To be honest with you, I think that the textures that are in them allready will go well in dessert maps.

I just hoping for a Lanrover that I can use for the Tangos.

UAZ and Jeeps... I think that for African countries it make more sense to use a Landey. But that's my opinion.

Good work anyway.

@CERO.

@Jaguar
Quote[/b] ]The headlights need to be inset to the bodywork, as at the moment they seem like the civilian ones, only missing the black plastic mount. I don't know about australian military Landrovers, but british ones are always made with the lights set back from the rest of the front wings.

I think he's got it right, after looking at the pic below, while they don't have the civvie spec surrounds they do appear to have some form of surround on them.

You're right, they look to me like Series 3/2A light surrounds.

By the way, seedhe, thanks for taking my observations as constructive, I had feared I'd come off as too harsh, considering this is a Beta.

Good work mate, I quite like this Land Rover, the best ive seen so far in-game.

I have something to note though, aside from what's been mentioned before. When I drive around in it, especially on non-BIS maps, the weels shake uncontrolably. Some places its worse then others. Even when i get out the wheels keep on shaking, weird... sad_o.gif

Aside from that, good work!

@ Deliltmon

That texturing on your Land Rover is great!.

I consigned some things to the "too hard"/"not enough time basket" and reassured myself with a  "I'm just keeping the face count low" without thinking about the overall impact on the finished product smile_o.gif having done the bonnet (it added 11 faces) I decided to redo the headlights (300 ish). And although it'll probably be of no consequence in game, it has made all the difference when you are taking a closer look. Looks like you have yours done but if you would like I can send you some links and I have taken stacks of digital photos.

Oh and thanks for the feedback.

Thanks, I find the hard part is knowing where to draw the line in how much detail to actually model and how much to leave to the textures, it's all too easy to get carried away adding lumps and bumps and then ending up with a huge poly count.

I think I've now got more pics of Land Rovers than is really healthy (around 600 now I think) a large number of which I've taken myself.

I've got some pics of the LRPV I got off the net ages ago when I made one from my original Landy beta I can send you if they'll be of any use.