Sign in to follow this  
-HC-Para

Long son island - version 2 released.

@ Ebud:

Good good glad to hear it biggrin_o.gif

@ [HC]Para:

I like the Ilo forests better on Long Son with the beautifull undergrowth then the SEBNAM forests. Because they have a more jungle like feeling to it. And the invisible walls are gone!

*Fire in the hole! BOOOM* damn another friendly fire kill crazy_o.gif

A new version of Ilo with that issue sorted out would be fantastic Ebud biggrin_o.gif

WarriorX, I look forward to playing those missions - I hope you make them MP compatible so we can play them together sometime.

Para

Well i quess it can be done for 2 or 3 players, not many more as some missions are going to be "lone warrior" type.

But let's see how it all comes together wink_o.gif

changes can be made if people like it.

sry i was commenting on your phouk tuy province, i dont think i have even played long son, so i may be wrong about the tree placement on the island.

@ Drow - Nah mate, you're spot on. All Hell's Circus islands have the same issue. I'm not sure how to fix it. It is caused by this in config file:

class ReplaceObjects

{

class SebIlo_ForestSquare

{

replace="seb_ilo\sebles_su_ctver_pruhozi.p3d";

with[]={"seb_ilo\sebles_su_ctver_pruhozi.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class Ilo_ForestSquare1

{

replace="seb_ilo\rssz_trees.p3d";

with[]={"seb_ilo\rssz_trees.p3d"};

center="true";

};

class Ilo_ForestSquare2

{

replace="seb_ilo\rssz_brush.p3d";

with[]={"seb_ilo\rssz_brush.p3d"};

center="true";

};

};

I know of no other way of making sure the objects will "terrain follow". Before these lines were added to config, I was sick in the guts everytime some player said "hey, there's a floating tree....." It's another reason I don't like the original sebnam forest square, as it has a permanently floating tree on one of the corners - no matter what the hell you do!

I hate floating objects!

If someone can suggest a sure fire way of making the forest squares follow the terrain better, I will sort this issue out immediately and on every island from Spearhead44 to Meekong.

Para

EDIT: Typo.

I dont think there is a way. Ive seen floating trees and bushes on Malden, Everon, Kolgujev and Nogova so I doubt there is a way.

S.O.S!

I need help with the airfields, nothing I do seems to work. If someone who knows something about getting one of these working could contact me via message or email - hcpara@hotmail.com, it would be much appreciated.

I need help sad_o.gif

Para

Para @ June 01 2004,22:04)]There is no fix for this.

It was a toss up between (a) solid objects that you couldn't fly, walk or drive through but AI's could see through them - or (b) objects that aren't solid but also AI's can't see through them or shoot through them!

The trees will stop rounds and hide you from the AI. This seemed like a fair compromise.

I didn't make the objects myself. They were made by Ebud mainly, I just gave suggestions, frustrations and advice.

As to not being able to use the island online because of this - are you kidding? I use the island daily for this exact use, Long Son is designed to be the Nam "Spearhead44".

I could release an island version with the sebnam forest squares instead of the Ilo ones, this would take seconds to achieve. Personally, I like the Ilo forests rather than the "invisible walls" issue with the sebnam forest squares - I've had one too many M203 gren's explode in my face.

OK, so I will do a version of Long Son with sebnam forests instead of Ilo ones for play on servers such as OGN in Australia, I have a feeling thats where the "can't be used online" issue has come from, it's happened before.

I will post new "sebnam" island version within hours.

....e.

Then howcome OFP:R forests work? how come they are solid and also allow ai to work? they look the same and function the same..

Also the problem is when a player decides to hide inside a tree for cover and can shoot from inside the tree, now there will be those that will do this constantly sad_o.gif

Ebud post the fixed up version you have so far if possibly, I like the island just those darn trees will be the end of my smile_o.gif

It's fixed Prime, nuff said on that one.

How can you hide inside a tree when those tall Ilo trees are so skinny? My OFP character must be somewhat overweight!

There won't be any real rush to get Ilo Final 2.2 out until we have finished testing. I'm quite sure Ebud has no wish for there to be a 2.3, or 2.4, etc.

Para

PS - No one can help with airfields?rock.gif