Sign in to follow this  
cassandra

Concept creations

sole and myself have been working on creating a concept helicopter for ofp of late, which spawned from my rebelious anti conformist non purist brain of wanting to create ludicrous content that is just plain fun..

vm31a-assault2.jpg

nosferatu-armed3.jpg

corkscrew.jpg

the above are my older versions, sole has a very nice alternate version with retractable wheels, larger jets and other thingies which he can post if he likes..

before I bother going to the effort of extending production to a finished or useable (multiple lods etc etc) state and/or releasing this.. I would like to know just how many people would find this to be a worthy addon of their little directory we like to call C:\...\OperationFlashpoint\AddOns - and also of their missions..

I'm not really fussed if the general concensus is of purist mind (as in the past) and it may go no further than mine and a few others harddrives.. though I am interested

ya,looks fun to blow up stuff with biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Me too...looks rather cool.

A bit like a concept drawing i saw from Westland Helicopters years ago. wink_o.gif

Kickass! These look great, I would very much like to have these on my harddrive. Lovely textures!

Those engines remind me of a ME 262. This looks very promising i must say, keep it up guys.

Absolutely finish and release this, but please leave it with skids it looks better than the tricycle gear.

Absolutely finish and release this, but please leave it with skids it looks better than the tricycle gear.

Maybe just release both version? rock.gif

better than expected response.. smile_o.gif

there are 3 versions (pbo's) in all, so you can pick and choose;

1) a civillian model with skids

2) a military version with skids (also with 38 mini missiles set into 4 racks, a front mounted x-y-z rotating gatling gun and one rather large cannon on each winglet)

3) a military version with retractable gear (also with two aim-9 missiles, a fixed gatling under the belly that rotates on its z axis when fired and one rather large cannon on each winglet)

both military versions are addon dependant to the civilian one

weaps.jpg

I'll keep working on it then..

Cassie, that chopper looks really nice, Sole and you are doing a good job, I'll definitly will try it.

Chances are that it will stay in my HD if its done propley biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see some more stuff like that, new concept vehicles and so on, for a "near future" based kind of mission or campaign.

The BTR-T would go nicely on a mission with that chopper.

Maybe I should star drawring vehicles and weapons to see if someone gets inspired.

I have some weapons I drawred ages ago( On paper) but God knows there whereabouts. sad_o.gif

@CERO.

Hey Cassandra, what's the score with the chopper? are you "guys" going for it or not?

@CERO.

Added " ".

biggrin_o.gif

Lets see.....fly around, shoot stuff. Hmmm, don't know if this really fits in with OFP wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Lets see.....fly around, shoot stuff. Hmmm, don't know if this really fits in with OFP  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

You've GOT to be serious... crazy_o.gifwow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ya, this is FIA's perfect helicopter! FIA has got MARVs, now this... all it needs now is an updated (heavier armament) Bond-plane from Martin, and some really crazy tank (maybe something as low-slung as the S-tank but with a crazy turret on). biggrin_o.gif

You may take the mikey, but I'm serious about vehicles like that.

Is a few addons aroud that would go great with this chopper, and some more to make a ""2070 campaign" would be most welcome.

@CERO.

You may take the mikey, but I'm serious about vehicles like that.

Is a few addons aroud that would go great with this chopper, and some more to make a ""2070 campaign" would be most welcome.

@CERO.

"2070" campaign??? don't forget the Wanzer then! Or the Naga... or whatever mecha you fancy...

or those superheavy tanks the russians have with 2 guns per turret... tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif