Sign in to follow this  
wildbrumby

Your most embarrassing moments in of

i thought about it

and it would have to be back when i used to be able to play the campaing (i cant now cuz i have so many addons i have to boot my game up in MP editor)

the very last mission where u are a civi and u have to meet the other guys. "status quo"

after about the 78th restart due to not being able to move. . .i realized that if you press B the binocs go away.

lol i started out unarmed and the binocs automaticly came up so i couldnt move and i couldnt get rid of them so i kept restarting trying to get thru the mission without using the binocs on accident

playing as abrams squad commander, i led my troop over a hilltop, to be confronted with 20+ soldiers, 6 bmp's, 12 T72's and some other stuff.

So what would one do in such a case? right!, do a 180 and get out of there with warp 9....

if only this bloody gunner and driver (and myself) would just STFU so i could issue a "STOP" and "REVERSE" command....

I ended up drowning in the ocean after beeing hit several tiimes because i could not get ONE WORD between all the bloody sighting reports of the crew and other tank crew sightings.

The driver, dutyfull as he is, kept on going at max speed untill we hit water.

embarassing....

after that i have never played as commander again, allways as driver so i can steer clear of the shit without having to wait for the dumbass AI to state their reports.

p.s. this 'MAJOR' bug has been in ofp from day 1

One word of advice, if you try and fly a chopper using a joystick while attempting to move the mouse, don't.

One word of advice, if you try and fly a chopper using a joystick while attempting to move the mouse, don't.

You can turn off mouse steering when entering a vehicle by pressing the gray asterisk key ('*' on numeric keypad). It turns back on automatically when you exit a vehicle.

I just flip my mouse upside-down.  It's optical so it doesn't pick anything up if I nudge it.  I just use the keyboard to access the action menu if I need to.

My most embarassing moment in OFP is probably the time I got my hands on a UH-60.  I was part of a squad called the 101st airborne and I was trying to be a helicopter pilot with them.  They knew I was a pilot and was going to join the military once I got out of college so they probably expected a good show out of me.  That day we were just doing training so it was nothing serious.  I actually think I did good up until the end.  The last part of the day was, of course, the landing.  My instructor landed near a village and instructed me to do so as well.  I pulled into a hover and began to land.  Little did I know I was over a small house which was surrounded by small trees (I didn't see them because when I had pulled into a hover I was nose-high which obstructed my vision).  After trying to land on the house the helicopter pitched way up and started sliding backwards.  Thinking my number was up, I ejected from the helicopter and ran like a bat out of hell towards my IP who was waiting for me.  The helicopter bonked around for a little bit making plenty of noise and ended up coming to rest between some trees.  This was pretty embarassing because not only did I nearly destroy the helicopter and kill myself in the process, I made an ass of myself running from the damned thing.

Anyway, to save face, here's the story of my most proud moment in OFP: biggrin_o.gif

Same clan, but this was before I started helicopter training.  A clanmate and I were going through a particularly hard coop mission (I love coop missions, beats the hell out of CTF or TDM).  We were close to the end of it and at a tactical disadvantage: on the top of a barren hill and advancing down it towards a handful of very skilled AI (AK74 snipers).  Anyway, we had just cleared a village on top of this hill and were about to proceed down it when a Hind came up.  It apparently didn't see us and began to circle over our location.  I hate those damned things, I always think there's some guy up there with an IR camera zoomed in on me while the rest of the nation is watching on the 5 o'clock news.  We had taken care of all the armor on the map and I had one LAW left.  The helicopter had just circled around for another pass and had picked up a pretty good amount of speed and was at a medium altitude.  I loaded up my LAW, picked an arbitrary point in front of the helicopter, and fired.  To my complete surprise the helicopter exploded in a ball of flames and plumetted to the earth.  Unfortunately there was only one real person there to see it and he was about as low-ranking as I was.

Oh well, at least I know I'm a damned good shot with an RPG. biggrin_o.gif

Playing Lost Squad I decided I'd satchel the town to hell to take out the infantry while everyone else mined. By the time to move into our ambush position came I was still putting satchels around the place and tried to tell everyone to wait a minute. Pressed return and boom! Everyone was blown half way across the island

Confession time…

I remember playing some really early version of rts. And I had this inhabit of placing tons of satchels all over my home base, then drive to a nearby location and detonate everything.

I found it quite hilarious at the time. - Shame on me.

An embarrassing moment that i continue to reproduce despite all the caution i can use is related to those damned satchels.

I cant count how many time i detonate them by accident just after having set them .

And that is more embarassing when you are moving in prone position since 30 minutes , avoiding a lot of patrols , going from cover to cover and placing the satchel at a very good location , making you proud of yourself because you succeeded in the infiltration of the enemy base/village

...just to explode stupidly mad_o.gif because you detonate the satchel by accident.

Havent done it since, im extra careful when it comes to talking + satchels wink_o.gif

During an MP mission I was flying an MI-17 on my way to capture an enemy town. At the time the western soldiers had control of the town, and unknown to me, my chopper was loaded friendly troops (I thought that they had all bailed out apperantly they didn't get the word to jump). I spotted a soldier in the town and assumed that he was an enemy. Since I was out of rockets I decided to drop down on top of him like a kamikazi. I came crashing down in the middle of the town square, but right before impact, I noticed that the "enemy" soldier was wearing a Soviet uniform.... and he was surronded by a group of other soldiers wearing Soviet uniforms.... DOH! I ended up killing nearly all of my fellow soldiers, and the westerners were able to hold the town.

Another embarrasing MP moment was when I accidently pushed a fellow sniper off a high rise building. He fell several hundred feet, and died when he hit the ground.... SPLAT.

Playing Lost Squad I decided I'd satchel the town to hell to take out the infantry while everyone else mined. By the time to move into our ambush position came I was still putting satchels around the place and tried to tell everyone to wait a minute. Pressed return and boom! Everyone was blown half way across the island

ah ... the good times i've had with you guys ... remember when it was me playing around with satchels, overhyped awaiting for the order to blow it all up tounge_o.gif

Well, I've had my lot of embarrassing moments ... once ion CTF industrial, waiting on a sniping position (north of the small industrial complex near Nogova Airport ibehind ruin walls). I was acting as always, wasting ammo, as much as I could, until one of the people in the other team actually sneaked up behind me and shot me at point blank.

Or, in one of my first MP sessions .... I ran to a MG Jeep, took it and went on a "killing spree" (me being killed repeatedly) tounge_o.gif

Since then, I always take 5 minutes on a CTF game if there are MG Jeeps to mess around (read : setting up the gun to fire 5 meters infront of me and go on rabbit hunt tounge_o.gif) At first, people were scared shitless, but it didn't last smile_o.gif

I was betaing this mission over at OFPEC right? And 3 other betaers there told the author that the mission was waaaaay too easy. When I downloaded it I couldn't complete it untill after 1-1Ë hours and it was one of them short 5 min missions. Of course I had to keep my reputation so I didn't mention anything. biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Oh right, and the CTI thing too. I was the CO and on my way driving this MHQ or wtf it's called to the 2nd base spot. It was a bradley. Somehow I thought the bradley was amphibius or wtf it's called. You know when it floats in water right? So I decided to take a short cut. Crash, bam, and 10 ppl going crazy. Woops. crazy_o.gif

My Mate had made a mission and I was play testing it for him.

It was set in Malden near the huge cliff faces there. After batmanning my way up the cliff face with the rest of my black op squad. I was ordered to put some demo charges on the bmps located at the top of the cliff face, I did this, than ran to safe distance to to start the fireworks. Kaboom------

Oh no one 1s down

"two" is taking command

damn "three" is down

oh no "four" is down

damn "five" is down

two "six,seven,eight,nine" engage black op

Mp5 shots started flying past me and I proceeded to flee the seen. I don't know how I got away but I did, only to hear "two" "ten" fall back into formation.

No way buddy. I'm not falling back to be shot------Proceeded to abort mission... LOL

Oh I manage to forget all my really embarrasing moments. That's very convenient. biggrin_o.gif

One sticks to my mind though. I had a problem with one of my "regular" team mates in that he is not very good at identifying his targets before letting his tools rip... (even at 15 meters and staring at me for several seconds). Anyway... we were playing CTI and had just started. A nearby village was out first target and I figured I could use the Mobile HQ for some initial cleaning from afar. Sitting in the gunners seat I zoom in. And spot a sniper (y'know those black-hooded types) apparently retreating. So I let go with the cannon. Bullseye... the target goes like a roman candle staight up at least 30 meters. The look of it was very amusing.

...and the chat says "XX was killed". What the ****?!?!

Turns out it wasn't a sniper... only my half-blind team mate who had a less than perfect custom face that left the rear quarters of his head black. Oops... tounge_o.gif

Also had at least one episode of a "premature discharge". We were fooling around with a crude emission testing Swedish Forces Pack. Customary for those was to grab at least one of the off-road transport vehicles and load it up with some extra rounds for the Carl Gustav grenade launcher in it. I have my action key on the middle mouse button... and once, while I was loading the vehicle (and thus had the grenade launcher selected) the finger slipped a bit to the left...

"Uhmm.... let's try that again shall we?"

/J

One of the funniest mistakes i made was when i first got goty. Was messing about on multiplayer, dunno what server, with a motorcycle. Now my team mates had set up an ambush for the enemy, on a main road route to our respawn. Unfortunately, i was trying to escape the enemy using the motorcycle. Guess which road i decided to use......well all i can say is watching yourself get blown 2000m into the air then falling back down while attached to a motorcycle isn't somethnig you see every day. The funny thing is, the enemy ran straight into the same ambush i did and was destroyed.

My most embarassing moment, is when I did'nt buy this game the day it was released.

I was flying a Chinook full of around 20-30 guys in an coop online when i accidentally press eject... They all got killed then called me n00bie for the whole game.  ghostface.gif  sad_o.gif

Not an embarrassing moment for me but rather my victim was, when I first played the OFP CWC MP Demo... I was soviet and my colleagues were 2 americans, game was CTF... my best moment at that game was once when I was without a vehicle and there was an M60 nearby with one of my colleagues in it... at first he didn't see me but once I made myself noticed he tried to run me down... he was driving in circles after me trying to run me down a dozen times but I used a greater agility so I always managed to get out of the way, running around the tank, evading it... in the end my colleague got so frustrated he exited the tank to kill me with his M16... once I noticed he left the tank I entered it and ram HIM down!!! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I remember one really embarassing moment (why do these moments always happen in MP sad_o.gif).

I was playing some mission in multiplayer and the server was set to "veteran". At that time, I had never played on veteran before, the game started and I was like "Shit, where's my crosshair, where's my crosshair" ghostface.gif