Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

If people had the free right to walk around in cars in flashpoint while the vehical was in motion, I would hail this game till the end of time.

So Substituting BF92 only keeps me happy so long, then im back here.

you cant do it in BF too wink_o.gif

thats what happen once i have seen in BF:v

me:Hey mike why are you hanging around in the chopper and not sitting down?

B: Screw it, who care................

(the kid just fly out of the chopper and get killed)

You can walk around in moving vehicles,  you can pack a chinook full of men just by jumping in the back...

Edit: Oh yeah ... three videos:IGN

also when you join ur put into squads, there is an overall commander who issues orders via an ingame map, + all the usual calling in Airstrikes with laser designators etc etc.

Before this Sh*t head idiots start makin a new game, they gotta fix the one they just pushed out the door. Battlefield Vietnam has some huge potential, but just has way too serious of performance problems for it to be worth 2 cents. and I paid $50 CDN sad_o.gif im not going out and spending $3000 grand when my computer can play anyother game perfectly fine....

I'm pretty sure its a different division of Dice making BF2, i think its there sweden division rather than the North American division that made BF:V.

"Sweeeeeden" MLF hehe anyway since it's a Swedish company I guess it's pretty obvious they're making it in Sweden, except for that Vietnam thingie then..

I watched the videos and it's looking pretty good, except for the way they run in first person's view without barely moving their weapons.

If people had the free right to walk around in cars in flashpoint while the vehical was in motion, I would hail this game till the end of time.

So Substituting BF92 only keeps me happy so long, then im back here.

you cant do it in BF too wink_o.gif

thats what happen once i have seen in BF:v

me:Hey mike why are you hanging around in the chopper and not sitting down?

B: Screw it, who care................

(the kid just fly out of the chopper and get killed)

You can walk around in moving vehicles,  you can pack a chinook full of men just by jumping in the back...

Edit: Oh yeah ... three videos:IGN

yes you can, while it is moving with a crap low speed....... tounge_o.gif

i saw the same shit for many times b4

you could do it in a C-130 in DC too as there are things which could block you from falling out of the plane

and as i said b4, it is all about how the guys filming the video

(you could do quite much the same with OFP if you do it right)

i wont take the vidoe so much as it doesnt show how would it be like on actural gameplay, wait for the Demo will be better choose i think

BF 2 First Look Preview

Quote[/b] ]This includes the graphics engine, sound engine, animation system, right down to the physics and rag doll system. They took everything learned from the past and just went crazy and built everything from the ground up. And from the looks of it, they made the right choice indeed. They wanted to reinvent the wheel so to speak, but still stick with the core of what made Battlefield fun

new pic 1

new pic 2

Quote[/b] ]yes you can, while it is moving with a crap low speed.......  

i saw the same shit for many times b4

you could do it in a C-130 in DC too as there are things which could block you from falling out of the plane

and as i said b4, it is all about how the guys filming the video

(you could do quite much the same with OFP if you do it right)

i wont take the vidoe so much as it doesnt show how would it be like on actural gameplay, wait for the Demo will be better choose i think

I can stay on a spitfire moving full speed without falling off ... just aslong as the pilot doesnt dive to quickly i will stay on

and by:

Quote[/b] ]you could do quite much the same with OFP if you do it right
I guessing you mean the "moving in vehicles" its not possable in ofp without scripts.

I don't know exatly why i'm jumping into this discussion but here is my 2 cents:

I bought OFP soon after it came out, but i played it only until "After Montignac". Then frustration took over and it went to the shelf. I played a lot of shooters after that. MOH, MOHS, COD; UT2003, to name a few. And BF also.

Once i had a friend at home and he was watching me playing BF, and he said something... "wouldn't it be better if..." and then he described OFP... I pick it up from the shelf reinstalled, had a home LAN so i got a new copy and we both have been playing COOP missions ever since.

BF (and all other shooters by the way) all seem a bit silly compared to OFP. The pace is just wrong.

Maybe tactical games like Rainbow Six series and alike come close, but they certainly don't offer half the freedom you get with OFP. At least that i know of.

These days i only play two games: OFP and Medieval: Total War. Thats all my gaming brain needs.

(Oh.. and the ocasionnal fix of Need For Speed... but thats when i dont want to think).

The more I look at Battlefield 2, the more I realize that I'm going to buy it. It certainly looks better than Ghost Recon 2 and I'm hoping (HOPING!) that they make some effort to eliminate the gamey tactics on MP (bunny hopping, etc.).

I might end up regretting it, but I also might end up tolerating it, at least until OFP2 comes around. At least for me, it'll be a step up from Day of Defeat. crazy_o.gif

Before this Sh*t head idiots start makin a new game, they gotta fix the one they just pushed out the door. Battlefield Vietnam has some huge potential, but just has way too serious of performance problems for it to be worth 2 cents. and I paid $50 CDN sad_o.gif im not going out and spending $3000 grand when my computer can play anyother game perfectly fine....

Battlefield vietnam is being and was handled by the DICE Canada team, while the BF2 is going to be handled by the DICE team I beleive is in somewhere northern europe. Swedish maybe. Dunno.

The more I look at Battlefield 2, the more I realize that I'm going to buy it. It certainly looks better than Ghost Recon 2 and I'm hoping (HOPING!) that they make some effort to eliminate the gamey tactics on MP (bunny hopping, etc.).

I might end up regretting it, but I also might end up tolerating it, at least until OFP2 comes around. At least for me, it'll be a step up from Day of Defeat.  crazy_o.gif

Whats wrong with dod ? tounge_o.gif

Battlefield vietnam is being and was handled by the DICE Canada team, while the BF2 is going to be handled by the DICE team I beleive is in somewhere northern europe. Swedish maybe. Dunno.

Digital Illusions CE is a Swedish company, yes.

Oh I just saw it has gone up 57.10% on the stock market since New Year's.

Quote[/b] ]Not for the real gamers that make this world a world of gamers.

People with less discriminating tastes will play anything, no offence.

This is old news. I've seen these pictures.

It makes me think that ofp2 really really needs to keep up with current trends in fps games however.

Shooting from cargo positions or the lack thereof will alienate the game from a lot of casual users who base their decision to buy games based on such criteria. I'll admit I'll get ofp2 regardless but it would be very fun to have that option open to players.

Some contend it's not military like or realistic.

Who says that in every ofp mission you're a soldier that must adhere to strict rules or protocol?

As far as the graphics go. I don't expect OFP to surpass some of the other more environmentally limited games of the genre. Unless they want the game to run on 25% of all the users out there and go by way of games such as HL2 or Doom3 (of which the alpha lags some on a p4 3ghz machine).

Just something to think about.

Personally I'd rather have a lot of different gameplay options open to me in terms of expandability. Ease of customization (addon molesting for you high-and-mighty types) and versatility.

It's OFP's trademark and it should continue to be so lest it get lost in the clutter of other mediocre shooters out there. Such as the battlefield games.

So... We will finally get those Discmans in the next BF? Great tounge_o.gif

by:
I guessing you mean the "moving in vehicles" its not possable in ofp without scripts.

NO, i mean the video we saw blues.gif

anyway if i am goin to have a chopper ride IRL i wont do that stupid seatbeltless thing(even with a only a safity line which dont help at all i will take it, as you might still have a chance if you goin to fall)flying by chopper in game is much the same

also i hope that the flight control of the choppers wont be the same as BF:V nor DC as they really suck up big time

by:

NO, i mean the video we saw blues.gif

anyway if i am goin to have a chopper ride IRL i wont do that stupid seatbeltless thing(even with a only a safity line which dont help at all i will take it, as you might still have a chance if you goin to fall)flying by chopper in game is much the same

also i hope that the flight control of the choppers wont be the same as BF:V nor DC as they really suck up big time

Not really. I can fly a helicopter like prefectly in those games, its like so fricken fun!

It seems like the xbox OFP will get some competition from a new BF game. It will be called Battlefield - Modern Combat and it will be released this fall.

Sure it will propably be alot more arcadish than OFP but considering the age of the average xbox owner it will propably be their first choise.

Battlefield - Modern Combat

In the video i posted above i see:

Ragdolls

Object physics (barrels and wooden fence)

Heat blue (from the f15 and blackhawk)

Dynamic bullet holes (not quite the right work but they stick to vehicles)

New explosion effects

Tank ground shock

And a soldier was blown off a roof when a BH passed him on a distance of ~2 m.

It's a PS2 title. Otherwise I'd buy it with OFP Xbox.

official statement

It's in swedish but shortly it says that Battlefield: Modern combat will come to Xbox and that it's a improved version of the PS2 BF.