Sign in to follow this  
m21man

True crime: streets of l.a.

I'm really waiting for this game to be released. I love the game style, it's somewhat like GTA III mixed with the Matrix. The map of L.A. is very detailed (I'm judging this from the XBox version), and there are plenty of guns to go around biggrin_o.gif . Graphics are also pretty good, considering the size of the map and the number of people walking/running around. A good feature of this game when compared to GTA is that you aren't a criminal, so you can get away with more stuff before the SWAT teams come after you. And by "stuff", I mean anything from pointing guns at ice cream vendors to jumping off a speeding car to do a flying tackle of some unlucky hippie.

Here's a screenshot gallery.

I saw more concertina wire in two days in LA than I did in six years in the Army. I think I'll stay up in northern California next time. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I saw more concertina wire in two days in LA than I did in six years in the Army. I think I'll stay up in northern California next time.

But when you're playing the game, you can just open fire on anyone who goes after you tounge_o.gif . And opening fire is fun, when you go into aim mode the game time slows down so you can aim at your own leisure.

Why is it called "True crime" ? What are those things that look like zombies on crack?! Might be a fun game for a while, but the basic story seems kinda lacking.

Why can we never get a game where the cops actually don't go about causing havoc in densly populated areas? I would love a GTA-ish game where you actually play as a cop, doing cop-business, which do not involve tons of explosives and martial arts tricks. We have "The getaway" but you only play a cop for half of the game, whatever happened to that "Good cop, bad cop" game?

Quote[/b] ]I would love a GTA-ish game where you actually play as a cop, doing cop-business, which do not involve tons of explosives and martial arts tricks.

You can act as a regular cop if you want to. You can frisk suspects and respond to calls that range from the deadly (Shootings) to the utterly mundane (Streakers, catfights). The martial arts is mainly used in the campaign, though you probably should know some moves if you want to start frisking drug dealers at midnight.

As for the story, it's pretty standard fare. Family members kidnapped, nefarious drug kingpins, etc... The branching plotline does give the game some originality that GTA lacks.

Got this on PS2 and what a huge piece of shit it is. Its the same old crap everytime:

drive there, sneak in, get rumbled, beat up some dudes, have a shootout, fight big boss man and repeat

Bored the fuck out of me and I couldnt even get my money back mad_o.gif

whats the zombie thing? i wanna know more about that like why are there zombies

whats the zombie thing? i wanna know more about that like why are there zombies

I guess you've never been to L.A... There are zombies and kung-fu cops everywhere.

I've had the Xbox version for a while now (tis' OK, but gets boring afetr awhile IMO), but i've never seen those Zombies! Anyone know where i can find them.

Play through the game with 100% completion all on episodes and with a Good Cop status.

IMO, the part after the zombies is great. The music tracks for the last section are pretty cool.

"Murda Murda"

"Not Like You"

"Peace Sells"

Managed to download Peace Sells after a billion years, but can't seem to find Murda Murda or Not Like You... sad_o.gif Anyone got 'em?

And I agree that the game does get a bit repetitive, but when that happens, I just go and blast people with my guns and run 'em over with my car. My car gets blown up? No problem. Go up to someone's car, pull them out then proceed to either shoot them or run them over with their own car. Depends on how I feel. biggrin_o.gif

The game is mad sometimes, though. On one of my frequent berserk rampages, I was shooting at some civvies when suddenly, an old guy with a hump pulls out a sub-machinegun and blasts me to pieces! wow_o.gif I couldn't stop laughing! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

"30 additional hard rock, alternative rock and metal songs" sounds good smile_o.gif

So the zombie part is just somekind of bonus action killing spree level with no storyline at all?

lol i can't wait to play online with sandwich man biggrin_o.gif

these kind of games are really fun when ur angry or in a bad mood biggrin_o.gif

i played the game and finished completely, and yes, you do fight undead things, for some reason they felt they had to include zombi's and demons. you even make a breif visit to hell. they do have that one guy doing the voice acting of one of the characters who was in the movie "Big trouble in little China". the game was entertaining until you finish it, than it gets old. although its definitly alot better than The Getaway

People I know who played it said it was fun for a while but the game got pretty ridiculous after a while. Apparently there's a mission with zombies in it. Which makes no sense at all.

A lot of the missions are repetitive apparently. I'm still interested in taking a look at it. Only on the PS2 since a lot of console conversions require a machine that's like four years more advanced than what the console hardware needed to run the thing half decently.

Seems enjoyable. smile_o.gif

Anyone have an idea as to what the MP capabilities should be like?

The last mission ws shit of the game was the crappest.

If you dont want to know dont read below

*Such a piece of shit. Fight a dragon mad_o.gif *

You have to fight some crazy assed dragon thing and some flying heads. Most realistic game ever wink_o.gif

As for that 'never play the same mission twice' thing, you have to if you want the so called 'good ending'.

Waste of money if you ask me mad_o.gif

The map of L.A. is very detailed (I'm judging this from the XBox version),

rock.gif

maybe walking around Staples center would reveal that there are streets to the right and left?

close, but not there quite yet. wink_o.gif

The last mission ws shit of the game was the crappest.

If you dont want to know dont read below

that was only one of the endings, the good ending is different (don't read below if you plan on playing it)

the good ending you fight the general of the North Korean Army biggrin_o.gif strang game? yup. but as i said, its 10 times better than that overhyped peice of crap the getaway.

yea, some motorcycles would have been nice. the fighting was fun, but once you learn all the moves, you become pretty unstopable. but on the other hand the fighting kung fu stripers and S&M freaks never seems to get old. im still waiting for somebody to make a GTA clone taking place in San Fransisco. maybe the new GTA game will have something like that.

yea, some motorcycles would have been nice. the fighting was fun, but once you learn all the moves, you become pretty unstopable. but on the other hand the fighting kung fu stripers and S&M freaks never seems to get old. im still waiting for somebody to make a GTA clone taking place in San Fransisco. maybe the new GTA game will have something like that.

Yeah GTA San Andreas a city based on frisco

jumping off a speeding car to do a flying tackle of some unlucky hippie.

Lol you should work in marketing...I might buy it just for that feature alone wink_o.gif