Sign in to follow this  
m21man

True crime: streets of l.a.

I bought The Getaway a couple of weeks ago for Å8, I thought it was excellent, controls took some time to get used to but I thought London was recreated very well and the story was great. Perhaps the fact I waited so long and avoided all the "hype" meant I could judge the game on its own merits, and especially not judge it in comparison to GTA. In fact IMO I would say I prefer The Getaway to GTA3, maybe not GTA:VC as I'm an 80's child and grew up watching Miami Vice wink_o.gif

@Munk- Yeah i fought the dragons and said fuck it and left the game to collect dust

@Placebo-The getaway was better than GTA3 but not by much. Going round London in free mode heading to the red light district.

Hmm I really did not like the getaway that much. It was too constrained; you couldn't just cruise around having fun.

And the objects in the street were too strongly anchored- I'm pretty sure if you drove a bus into a plastic traffic bollard, or even railings, they'd move a bit.

And the objects in the street were too strongly anchored- I'm pretty sure if you drove a bus into a plastic traffic bollard, or even railings, they'd move a bit.

I'll need a bus and beer tounge_o.gif