Sign in to follow this  
havocsquad

G8 mod's improved hardened aircraft shelter

From www.ofp.info:

Quote[/b] ]Colorchanger released on the G8 Mod site a new version V2 of his bomb-proof Aircraft-Shelter in 5 camo versions for some of the most used islands (Everon, Malden, Nogova, SEB's Ia-Drang, WinterEveron), and now with working Gates/Doors! smile_o.gif

It was made for my Tornado, but you're free to park whatever you want in there.

Here is a screenshot of the improved aircraft shelter.

Shelter_2_1.jpg

You can download it at:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/G8/downloads-static.html

Or at www.ofp.info at one of their mirror links.

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

it's not latest news, but ok.

the old ones were great. the new ones are great.

smile_o.gif

Great addon and I loved the idea of using island textures to great effect in terms of camo.

I haven't tested yet to see just how hardened it is....let's start with the nuke and work our way downwards LOL

PH

I cant seem to get the main doors to open, should it be in the action menu or do I need a command?

I cant seem to get the main doors to open, should it be in the action menu or do I need a command?

u need to enter trhough back door, and to your right theres a button

tounge_o.gif

That's the only thing I didn't like about them. It's realistic, but it's also nice being able to open the doors while in the aircraft.

Using the ground texture is a great idea, I just started doing it for some camo tents a day before seeing these. While various forces have their own camo patterns, it's great for generic addons and for those objects that would utilize local vegetation in reality.

Hey everybody,

the bunkers hangars are great. The only problem i have is that the animations wont work anymore once i place them with wrptool.

Colorchanger could you fix that?? Cause i would really like to use them on my island.

Thx

Daywalker

It's a degree of realism. Just leave the doors open!

yes, but in reality is there somebody who opens the door for you...

yes, but in reality is there somebody who opens the door for you...

Yes i have never seen a pilot open the hangar doors by himself

You could always script it so that when the player piloted plane approaches the shelter a unit (soldier) is created that joins the pilots group. He walks up to the plane. "Hey, Boss, you want me to open that door for ya?" Which you reply: "Yeah, does it look like I wanna hang around here all day?" Or something like that.

Of course it could be a bit of a problem if you fly low over the shelter. The guys still asks the same inane question, which you still reply to, but then the stupid git would be forever calling out "Where are you?" So you need to script it so it only works when the aircraft is on the ground, then of course this second scenario would never take place. Which is a shame really cos the git that calls out "Where are you?" is usually the first casualty of war! At least when I play biggrin_o.gif

Alteratively create a trigger near the shelter that auto opens the doors as you approach.

Anyway. This is a really cool addon.