Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Bayonet animation on a rifle

so whast the deal, you found some bugs and you are now in the process of squashing.

Yeah, just tweaks and testing to go - the bayonets actually went to full beta testing today.

thats cool, Rome was never Built in a day, neither was the average British Soldier smile_o.gif

Did I hear 16-20 different Landrover versions??

Nice! biggrin_o.gif

Please don't let us wait too long! OFP needs decent british soldiers.

Did I hear 16-20 different Landrover versions??

Nice! biggrin_o.gif

Please don't let us wait too long! OFP needs decent british soldiers.

and thats just the first release... there are also some special landies in the first release you'll just have to wait for tounge_o.gif

as far as the missions go, i reckon they will be released later... i want them to be working first time around - plus the missions i'm creating are based on real life operations, and not just testers for the troops - so think of them as another release, instead of a mission showing what our lads can do...

One such mission is Operation BARRAS - take a while on google to read up on it if you want, its an amazing operation.

HA HA HAHA

------------------------------------------------------------

I believe in OFF-TOPIC do you believe?

------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic now...

Do you guys believe you should like release some kind of a script pack or something to help others out in creating fast and simple bayonet systems for their weapons?

~Bmgarcangel

well... not until after release... and maybe not even open source... it will be very much up to Jonno - like i said, such questions should be directed to his email

LOL

Mr. Junno blues.gif

Why stab people below the waist. in the video thats all they do, in the leg or in the gut.....think it will be possibly to direct it at the head sometime?

That was my fault. I asked Stu to lower the point of impact because it was quite likely that our blokes would be bayonetting prone enemy soldiers. By lowering the angle, it was hoped it wouldn't look quite as bizarre as stabbing the air above the target. Apparently people are unhappy with this. I'd like to say it's finished for now, but perhaps in a later update I won't feel quite as guilty asking Stu to change the animation again.

when you bayonet you aim for soft spots so your garunteed penetration, the gut is fine with me.

Agreed, irrespective of the bayonet's rib-parting feature, but the anim does kinda look like he's going for the groin. You'll have to make your mind up when you see it in action.

That was my fault. I asked Stu to lower the point of impact because it was quite likely that our blokes would be bayonetting prone enemy soldiers. By lowering the angle, it was hoped it wouldn't look quite as bizarre as stabbing the air above the target. Apparently people are unhappy with this. I'd like to say it's finished for now, but perhaps in a later update I won't feel quite as guilty asking Stu to change the animation again.

Gurr, you should've said something before tounge_o.gif

It's too late to change for me now, but if for some bizarre reason that they're still not released in 2 weeks time I'll do whatever you want with them.

Also the animation has been modified since this video so maybe you'll change your minds when you see it...

LOL

Mr. Junno  blues.gif

Why stab people below the waist.  in the video thats all they do, in the leg or in the gut.....think it will be possibly to direct it at the head sometime?

like its been said... you never aim for the head - too small a target - when firing weapons, or using the bayonet, you aim for what you can easily hit and what the item will enter the easiest - remeber the skull is made up of bone, very few gaps... the torso has lots of holes in and lots of major organs to attack tounge_o.gif

Shit...didn't mean to offend anybody...I just don't want to stab some poor women soldiers between the legs like that wow_o.gif

NOT TO MENTION ONE OF MY FELLOWS MEN crazy_o.gif

on our website perhaps?

look at the news page.... tounge_o.gif

As Messiah says "its ready when its ready" Basically the landies are being touched up and a few bugs here and there are being fixed. Please bear in mind that we all have full time jobs and social lifes so we cant release set dates due to things popping up. They will be released soon tho and they are as good as what the rest of the team have said. Also while you are waiting for these, other projects within the team are comming along nicely and will be released some time after the landies and our unit pack so after this first initial release im sure there will be quite alot of things comming out for the British side of flashpoint. biggrin_o.gif

thats funny... my girlfriend would beg to differ

anyways, aside from narky comments, just sit back and relax, they're coming - like we've said, we are on the final beta now