Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Stryker

New star wars thread

This is Bishop, the dude who founded the New-Starwars mod with Lordhorus.

The main idea of the mod is to release it in packs or so called publishes.

Every publish has a number of add-ons, an Island, some missions and a theme.

Between those publishes we mostly released extra patches and sometime a little bonus in the form of a ship or extra island or mission/adventure.

you guys have plans for hoth troops or endor troops? If so i got some gun textures you mght want to use, anyways. Will you all give some screen shots of the ATAT please? sad_o.gif we would be so greatful smile_o.gif

Because we want to finish the x-wing first i've halted work on the At-At so i havent had time to finish the texture job, i'll try and post some screens of a couple of things in the next week or so.

Been to that site. They are nice but verry high poly count.

Just a little update to let you know what I got working. (stoped all work on the other mods I have been helping on, because I like STAR WARS so much wink_o.gif )

I have started to convert the Troopers I have to OFP. I have also started on the other IMP troops (the comanders in the grey and the other unarmored troops in black along with some droids and other equipment for them). I also got some static objects like the atat and some blasters for the IMPS.

For the REBS I got the basic troopers (the guys that got slaughtered when they took over Lieas ship). Also some of the stuff they use.

I'm giving up my weekend to get these done mad_o.gif .

I really like this!

I have always been looking at the sci-fi site, and always wondered why nothing came out as i wanted these star wars

addons soooooo bad. I am happy to see there is movement now at last. I have been following this thread from the start it was created. Got the stormtroopers from the first link that was put up here, and me Love Big Time. Can't wait untill the next little surprise you got coming. (yes stormtroopers are getting changed i know  wink_o.gif ) I would like to say i am very thankfull that you guys are spending your free time to make all these addons and i am sure you will be making good ones when i look at some of the info put down in this thread. A big thumbs up for you guys. Keep up the good work guys  smile_o.gif

how bout everyone here pool thier resourcesand join up so it all looks uniform ya know? Prototype that sounds good, we will all be greatful for your contributions smile_o.gif . So how bou tit boys?

Great work guys! its nice finally see this kind of response from the community!

Me and bishop are working on the AT-ST and AT-AT wich wil be released after the x and y-wing, we found a way to animate them in a very nice way so they wont look like compleet crap! wink_o.gif   i'll post some pics when my work on the x-wing is done.

Trust me guys I have seen a behind the scenes video of these AT AT and AT STs, I even had the AT ST Beta test addon on my hard drive.  Real good stuff and I'm sure Bishop and LordHorus can get the job done perfectly smile_o.gif

Right now Bishop and I have agreed to get on a new start, and hopefully get this damn mod over with before Flashpoint 2.

stormtrooper1.jpg

stormtroopers.jpg

These were kindly given to me by Patxi. Right now I am working on textures, and someday, hopefully, when I am able to pop some textures on to these units it will be ready for download.

SWEEEET! Can't wait for some Jedis!

I know these Stormtroopers are unfinished but I think it would be great if the textures would be a bit dirty and used in their final version (and get some more shadows):

stormtrooper.jpg

nice work, textures would make it look 500 timesa better though (i'm still waiting to see dark's biggrin_o.gif ) anyways I have some idea for any one making star wars stuff here they are

-Reb troops (regular troops allready being made) but we also need endor commando type troops equiped with a A282 (I have textures) and a hoth troopers equiped with an A280 (I have textures)

-Snow troopers, Snow scout troopers (they do exist dont worry) Tie pilot, regular scout troopers, and ATAT drivers.

-Weapons

-E-11 (allready made by the looks of it wink_o.gif )

-Reb DH-17 Blastech rifle

- Heavy Blaster DLT-19

-A280 and A282 (I have textures it just needs a model)

-DL-44

-Blastech T-21 (once again i have textures)

-Merr-Sonn Model 44 (imperial pistol)

yea the textures definately need some texture work to make the armor look a little more dirty and stuff.

"Someone" made just for fun a stormtrooper as an static object, using textures from another game or so.

I think textures are looking very nice:

ImperialStormtrooper.jpg

---

Sorry, but I have no more informations on this.

I just wanted to show.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Do note anyone joining has to show what he/she can do. Mail me when interrested, we want to stay quite small, right now we take 1 more member...

Thats the trooper from JEDI OUTCAST. Its one of the models I'm converting now. wink_o.gif

I also got one from QUAKE II that I'm just waiting for permission to use and for a new blaster rifle. biggrin_o.gif

im all for those models (i own that game anyways) looks good guys. how hard would it be to make a snow trooper outta that?

Don't worry I got the snow trooper too. wink_o.gif

Also got to convert some more wookies!

I got a cool land speeder model but I suck at making vehicles. Who wants it? I'll send it if you pm me with your email. tounge_o.gif

To get things clear.....I converted the model and the textures of the stormtrooper shown above from Lee from an addon for X-Wing-Alliance.....I didn't even ask the author for permission, so this addon will stay on my HD only...

MfG Helifreak

@Prototype: If you need help with your landspeeder, contact me, ICQ: 145909991 or email: dnuss@web.de

so is anyone gonna actually release anything we can use? biggrin_o.gif just kidding but anyways my offer stillstands. See if we have snow troopers we need hoth (or other winter rebs) tropers, it just makes sense. I'll help someone with textures (i got the legs done) so pm me and well make it work.

We will have a team of 4 people, and release things in packs/publishes rather then all in one time....

Do note we do not release seperate files unless when we make an exception.

i see, well my offer still stands if you want what i got so far of this rebel hoth trooper pm me and or get me on msm and I'll sent them to you. I know have arms legs boots and a cool goggle texture, and thier gun of course. So when you say "packs/publishes" do you mean like they are themed like winter or desert or regular, or are you just releasing misc iles togther.

@Dark- still waiting bro biggrin_o.gif cant wait to test those guys for you.

Erm... hello....

Anybody still here.... This thread somehow died out in these last couple of days. Everything alright here? You all watching at the stars?

yes

everything ok

we have much to do

here´s a list of what will have to be done:

death star map (including trench, laser turret models etc)

new tie_fighters

x wing

y wing

stardestroyer

storm troopers

tie pilots

x/y wing pilots

imperial/rebel/civil buildings

several map

pics coming soon

if anyone already has done some of these models

please let us know

this will speed up things

If anybody wants to donate models, textures or files like this! they must be self-made, so no JK rips or other peoples work.

We still need a scripter so if anybody is interrested let us know