Sign in to follow this  
threat.at

Independence lost

Hi!

I've encountered the "Independence Lost"-Site via Avon's FAQ.

Very cool pics - really. Seems to be an improved engine too.

Is this project stop and to be continued, like mentioned on the site? Or is it completely stopped? Or will it be part of OFP2?

The more I play OFP the more it gets interesting for me - in the meantime this game atracts me more an more, although it is 3 years old biggrin_o.gif

There have been rumours that it will be released after OFP2, but until BIS confirms anything, there isn't much point in speculating...

You will notice that on most vehicle screenshots from Independence Lost there are the letters "VBS1" on them somewhere.So that kinda makes you think.An David Lagettie is also a VBS1 Developer,Anyways Independence Lost s something that Ive been looking forward to ever since the first pix where shown which had the web site url mask.But who knows if Independence Lost is still ago.

Since tis site is made by David Lagite who is a Official BIS worker that "Delayed until after OFP2" I pretty much say thats the Official statement by the official comabany smile_o.gif

Since tis site is made by David Lagite who is a Official BIS worker that "Delayed until after OFP2" I pretty much say thats the Official statement by the official comabany smile_o.gif

well, he could do things when he comes home from work.. ;)

i think its gona be a addon pack for OFP2 because OFP2 is using VBS1 tech lol anyways when ofp2 comes out will soon find out lol

at the very bottom of there site it says:

Quote[/b] ]Copyright Bohemia Interactive © 2003

My guess on it is this:

Originally Independence Lost was going to be an extension for OFP #1...

Then the australian team started working on production of VBS (1 or 2)...

By the time they could have gotten back to IL, it was decided that they should work on OFP XBox/OFP 2 and postpone IL until the engine work for OFP 2 was completed.

What this means to the community (if its true) it that there will probably be some changes needed to current models/addons for OFP to make them work in OFP 2, that would require these guys to start re-working everything that they created for IL around the time they finished it, so it would be compatible with OFP 2 (Hence the delay).

(It's the only reason I could imagine that it would be necessary for them to hold off until after OFP 2 to complete IL.)

But I'm probably wrong, since this is all just a guess.

Guest Ti0n3r

it feels a bit like Independence lost could be a stripped down singleplayer version of VBS1

I want to bet that OFP2 will have most or all the units thats in vbs1.But some feature will not be included in OFP2 from VBS1.guess we will have to wait and see

it feels a bit like Independence lost could be a stripped down singleplayer version of VBS1

Actually its more like the other way around, BIA thought about building an expantion for OPF based on the East Timor scenario (i think this was pre resistance), but betwean early stages of development they came up with some agreement of leaving the expantion to BIS and they considered the option of converting and using the OPF engine has a training tool for the military, BIS handles the civilian OPF market and BIA introduces the OPF great potential into the military simulation scene, a very reasonable idea and a way to explore both markets.

So we ended up with Resistance and with Troska crazy_o.gif , sure this expantion brought many improvements and enhanced the OPF engine alot but it was kinda disapointing in many ways, personaly Independence Lost sounded alot more realistic and interesting than Troska and Nogova and Guba...

BIA will still work on Independence lost as a home entertaiment product that will come after OFP2 and all addons from VBS1 will be in it dont worry wink_o.gif

Let's concentrate on actual real statements from BIS/BIA rather than pretending we can see the future smile_o.gif

As for this thread, seeing as there is nothing remotely new to discuss I can't see there being any point to it smile_o.gif