Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Test ecp config

Does anybody know what the accuracy line is on the tanks in the config.bin file?

For example within the t80's section it says

accuracy=0.500000;

Has anybody played with this setting to make tanks a little less accurate?

Actually, that line doesn't deal with how accurate the tank's weapons are; it deals with how easy it is to determine that it is a T80 ("7 o'clock, T80, 500" instead of "7 o'clock, Tank, 500"). However, vehicle weapon accuracy values will be adjusted as well. I'm no tanker though, so I'm not even sure if tanks are unrealistically accurate smile_o.gif .

I didn't say they were unrealisticly inaccurate tounge_o.gif

They just kick my butt!

But thanks for the answer. Now I know not to mess with that line.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

Would it be possible for you to post a config that isnt from ECP but uses those settings? e.g default BIS config.bin

Yeah, if you give me a default BIS config.cpp that I can edit. But you should really try the ECP smile_o.gif.

I have - i just want a standard BIS one for my campaign biggrin_o.gif

-ZiRo

Quote[/b] ]

Increased formation spacing from 5 meters to 10 meters. Now one grenade can't kill most of a squad (that is why in real life formations are spread out at least 10 meters between each man). Would have made spacing 15 meters, but formation became too extended with full squads, especially in areas of limited visibility.

how can i change it back? I did not find it in the config.bin

NEW VERSION UPLOADED

Download link is in the first post, or grab it here. Changes:

1: Decreased aimprecision values to a more reasonable level. New values are:

Quote[/b] ]COMBAT (standing rifle)

default: 1 new: 2

CROUCHED

default: 0.5 new: 1.2

PRONE

default: 0.3 new: 0.8

AT WEAPON

default: 0.5 new: 1.6

HAND GUN STANDING

default: 1 new: 2.4

HAND GUN CROUCHED

default: 1 new: 2

HAND GUN PRONE

default: 1 new: 1.2

These should be more realistic, and far less frustrating. Unfortunately, it means the AI is closer to their super-deadly accuracy that plauges normal OFP. However, that value can be fixed under the indivual weapon's configs, and it will be in the future.

Question: does anyone know if you can adjust the aimprecision values for the positions depending on what weapon a unit uses? (Locke@Germany, do you know?) The values here are fine for the m16, but weapons like the m60 are harder to keep steady when standing, but easier to steady in the prone due to their bipods.

2: Increased men's ability to hear. I lied before when I said I increased that. Now soldiers can hear you fire an m16 from hundreds of meters away (though they don't know exactly where it came from). The hope is that if you attack one side of a town, the guys at the other end of town won't sit around like they can't hear what the heck is going on.

That's it. Please keep giving me your feedback and suggestions. I especially want to know whether men should have their eyesight or hearing increased, decreased, or left the same. I will get to adjusting the sound levels of the footsteps, but right now I'm having trouble trying to use #defines.

how can i change it back? I did not find it in the config.bin

Under class "man":

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">formationX=10;

formationZ=10;

Change these values back to 5 and you will be back to the original OFP formation spacing. smile_o.gif

Hi there this sounds like a cool adition to my ecp installation but the thing is that when i tried to install the config straight to my C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\@ECP\Bin folder and then started ofp i heard no sounds or music at all mad_o.gif

luckily i had backed up my regular ecp config file.

but can anyone tell me where do i install it because i obviously did somethign wrong here.. crazy_o.gif

@Commando84

You need the DYNAMIC RANGE ecp installed for this config to work. Grab it from the ECP page on OFPEC.

-General Barron

Changing the aimprecision is really nice smile_o.gif and I like the idea of changing the airateoffire. But I dont want to change the machineguns dispersion for the players, just for the AIs.

Can I do that with aiDispersionCoefX/Y?

If aiDispersionCoefX/Y works the way I´m hoping its possible to change the dispersion for AIs and NOT for players. It will also be possible to make the aiDispersionCoefX (not Y) on machineguns relative high so they will spread their fire.

I will try myself but I´d like to hear other peoples experience with this.

Ok now...I downloaded this ECP thing and it makes me feel really bad now for some odd reason. I don't like this hud thing, makes me think i'm playing a strategy game instead of a 1st person shooter strategy game....why have this weird hud???

uhm -since when does ofp change the hud?

Apart from the spectate thing.

i remember the code blue demo - i nearly died with disappointment.

-ZiRo

Yeah,

What hud changes are you referring to?

Also I want to ask also about that AI dispersioncoef line. Is that a way to change the dispersion for AI w/o screwing up humans? I can't check this out since I 'm at work, but if anyone knows that would be great. If not, I guess I'll be testing tonight.

NEW VERSION UPLOADED

Download link is in the first post, or grab it here. Changes:

1: Decreased aimprecision values to a more reasonable level. New values are:

Quote[/b] ]COMBAT (standing rifle)

default: 1          new: 2

CROUCHED

default: 0.5        new: 1.2

PRONE

default: 0.3        new: 0.8

AT WEAPON

default: 0.5        new: 1.6

HAND GUN STANDING

default: 1           new: 2.4

HAND GUN CROUCHED

default: 1           new: 2

HAND GUN PRONE

default: 1           new: 1.2

These should be more realistic, and far less frustrating. Unfortunately, it means the AI is closer to their super-deadly accuracy that plauges normal OFP. However, that value can be fixed under the indivual weapon's configs, and it will be in the future.

Question: does anyone know if you can adjust the aimprecision values for the positions depending on what weapon a unit uses? (Locke@Germany, do you know?) The values here are fine for the m16, but weapons like the m60 are harder to keep steady when standing, but easier to steady in the prone due to their bipods.

2: Increased men's ability to hear. I lied before when I said I increased that. Now soldiers can hear you fire an m16 from hundreds of meters away (though they don't know exactly where it came from). The hope is that if you attack one side of a town, the guys at the other end of town won't sit around like they can't hear what the heck is going on.

That's it. Please keep giving me your feedback and suggestions. I especially want to know whether men should have their eyesight or hearing increased, decreased, or left the same. I will get to adjusting the sound levels of the footsteps, but right now I'm having trouble trying to use #defines.

Does this mean that the rifle will swing more or less than it does whit BISs and how Can I make it for a specific rifle?? Oh is this added to the Mag. or the gun it self??

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Does this mean that the rifle will swing more or less than it does whit BISs and how Can I make it for a specific rifle?? Oh is this added to the Mag. or the gun it self??

STGN

The wobble depends only on what animation the unit is in. It has nothing to do with what weapon the unit is using, aside from the fact that, for example, you can only use AT weapons with the AT weapon animation, and hand guns with the handgun animation, etc. The wobble values are configured in the animations class (config movesMC), not in any weapon class.

If there is a way to adjust the wobble in a weapon or magazine's config, I would love to know how to do it. So if anyone knows, do tell. But as far as I know, you can't sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ok now...I downloaded this ECP thing and it makes me feel really bad now for some odd reason. I don't like this hud thing, makes me think i'm playing a strategy game instead of a 1st person shooter strategy game....why have this weird hud???

What HUD are you talking about? I can't think of any HUD that the ECP changes... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]If aiDispersionCoefX/Y works the way I´m hoping its possible to change the dispersion for AIs and NOT for players. It will also be possible to make the aiDispersionCoefX (not Y) on machineguns relative high so they will spread their fire.

Please let me know how this turns out. I'm just an amature cpp coder myself, so I'm hoping for everyone's input on this kind of stuff; otherwise I'll just have to spend more time trying to experiment with everything, which means it will take forever for this to evolve into a finished product.

Along those lines, I'd like to thank Locke@Germany again for his tip on the aimprecision values. Mucho danke! unclesam.gif

However, one of the changes I'm definately going to make is to make the AI less accurate with all weapons, not just MGs. I know I'm not the only one complaining about the AI's perfect aim smile_o.gif. The aimprecision wobble I've implemented helps a little, but they are still pretty darn accurate.

I just tested out the config for wobble: I tested it against looking through my AR-180B's iron sights, and it feels about right. smile_o.gif

You might also consider using the "dexterity=" command in each individual weapon's configuration. This command influences how "heavy" or "sluggish" the weapon feels in game. The lower the value, the more time it takes to traverse the weapon left or right.

The values are 0 to 1.

i.e. dexterity=0.87; for an AK-47,

dexterity=0.85; for an M-16A2,

dexterity=0.35; for the SAW.

The AK being the fastest to swing around, with the M-16 very close behind, and then the SAW being fairly sluggish in comparison.

It really makes you think twice before selecting the M240B or the MG3 in "Steal the Car". ;)

I also have some recoil settings for all of the weapons that I've used for years if you guys would like to try them out. smile_o.gif

Great job guys!

Ah, a fellow Andrew B! ;)

Thanks for the tip on the dexterity value; I'll definately try it out. One question though: does it affect the AI also, or just the player? And I definately would like to see the recoil values; PM them to me, if you would be so kind. Thanks!

is the dexterity line something you would have to add? Or is it already there and just needs to have the value adjusted?

The lower the value, the more time it takes to traverse the weapon left or right.

Are you sure that this controls the left/right movement ?

I've set the dexterity value for testpurposes to 0.01 for all weapons and the only difference ive mentioned was that the up/down movement was influenced.

You have to add the "dexterity=?;" line to the weapon's config.

Locke, I'm sure it works. Try looking through the weapon's sights, i.e. scope or iron sights, with this done. You should notice a pretty big difference. Also, try making the value larger or smaller.

I've noticed that if you move the mouse left or right quickly while not in a sight view, you can sort of 'override' the sluggishness. However, it is very apparent when you need to make fine correction to your aim.

General Barron, you're an Andrew B too eh? Cool! Not many of us around. biggrin_o.gif

I'll PM those recoils to you. I actually went out and compared my rifle with an SAR1 and a 7.62x51 Saiga, to get an idea of what the comparitive muzzle rise and return-to-point-of-aim should be, when I made them. ;)

I wish we could make the recoil also go in the horizontal... My rifle recoils much more to the right than it does up IRL.

The recoil lines themselves are actually from way back in my editing days, so they may not be the most "correct", but they do provide the correct effect, IMHO.

Oh, I almost forgot: I made a couple of replacement iron sights that are based on BIS's. (AK-47/74, M-16A2, and AR-180B for my rifle in-game) I've found that new Irons really do need to be to-scale with BIS' sights, simply to fit in with the way BIS chose to simulate field-of-view in the game.

Have you guys ever noticed that the standard view in-game is actually a wide-view?

try switching to free view mode and watch the aimer stop moving around :P I use my binoculars as a sniper rifle scope in this way with my m16.

700 meter prone enemy dead.

-ZiRo

I just tried this, and it doesn't work very well with the new aimprecision code. tounge_o.gif

I put the binocular's crosshairs right on a kneeling enemy at about 450M, hit the freelook key to stop the wobbling (with the crosshair dead on him), and it still took me three tries to kill him.

It's there, but a scoped rifle is still much more effective and easier to use. ;)

heh, i know, its not very good for moving targets though biggrin_o.gif

-ZiRo

Heh.

Did I mention how much I like that aimprecision improvement? smile_o.gif

I've wanted to do that since I made my first little mod. I though that something in the animations was going to have to be changed... I didn't know it was right there in the main config. tounge_o.gif

hey i have the DR addons for ecp but the sound stops working totally when i put your config in my @ecp\bin folder

i got a couple of other folders inside the bin folder named DR, INQ and core.. inside them are to config.bin, should i replace everyconfig .bin or just the one in the bin\ folder?