Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Test ecp config

@|BlackDeath|

I'm in the Marine Reserve and am qualified as an expert, so I've fired the m16 a lot as well. Note that I wasn't saying the recoil of most weapons is too little. I was saying that it is too easy to shoot very accurately with most of OFPs weapons. Yes, I know it isn't that hard to, say hit the black on an Able or D-mod target from 200 yards in the standing, especially with a loop or hasty sling. However, your arm still noticably wobbles, which is completely absent from OFP (unless you are injured).

When you move out to longer ranges, that wobble makes it increasingly difficult to hit things at longer ranges. In OFP, I can easily hit guys from like 500 meters away, which would be extremely difficult to do IRL.

On top of that, I would assume that shooting in combat would be much more difficult than at a rifle range. You would be carrying more gear and you would be tired from all that running around, most importantly.

That is only talking about the rifle though. How about shooting a 240G from standing? Not my idea of an easy time. I can hit things that are about 100 meters away like that, but it gets tiring very quick.

@void_false:

There are not used any scripts for inaccuracy in CSLA smile_o.gif

It is only config tweaking.

that's not the point. With FDF mod you get inaccurate fire too, but at least no lag. When i'm using CSLA and there're many ppl on map and they begin to shoot.. OMG, it turns into slideshow. sad_o.gif

heh, looks like we got rembo here (and plz dont take it offencive smile_o.gif)

Do you meant Rambo? biggrin_o.gif lol.

In my opinion, General Barron is right.

You don't get much recoil from the M16 series, but what gos around influence in the acurancy more than the weapon especifications.

The most of OFP firing is done while moving from A to B, or looking for shelter or anything ellse, so the only people having an advantage should be the units that have been relaxing, wayting somewhere on a ambush point or similar situations where the body is relaxed.

Practicly, anything ellse in OFP should influence the aiming and acurancy.

Just my opinion.

@CERO.

Theres a bug with this config, Helicopters shoot their 20mm guns really slow, like one shot...is this just me or is anyone else getting this bug...

voidfalse, what are your computer specs? Sound like you are using an outdated system and need to upgrade your cpu.

I dont think that it is comp specs. Because i dont have lag with other mods. Anyway:

cpu: p3 1100 mhz

ram: 192 kb tounge_o.gif

video: geforce 4

mouse: microsoft 2 buttons + wheel biggrin_o.gif

keyboard: 107 keys (genius) biggrin_o.gif

should i ontinue? tounge_o.gif

the problem is your mouse - switching to a logitech should speed things up for you  tounge_o.gif

But seriously 1100 mhz is pretty slow for gaming these days and 196 mb RAM (especially if you have windows xp) is not much. I won't get started on the geforce 4. Your rig is well below average these days for games, so what affects your performance is not going to impact most others nearly so much.

However, your arm still noticably wobbles, which is completely absent from OFP (unless you are injured).

When you move out to longer ranges, that wobble makes it increasingly difficult to hit things at longer ranges. In OFP, I can easily hit guys from like 500 meters away, which would be extremely difficult to do IRL.

there is a parameter called aimprecision for certain animations

if i'am not wrong it modifies how steady you can hold the gun in OFP while standing or crouching and so on

Quote[/b] ]there is a parameter called aimprecision for certain animations

if i'am not wrong it modifies how steady you can hold the gun in OFP while standing or crouching and so on

Really? Thanks for the tip; I'll definately look into it! But does that have any effect on the AI's accuracy?

But does that have any effect on the AI's accuracy?

i belive not sad_o.gif  

the Ai's accuracy is set thru the weaponconfigs

the problem is your mouse - switching to a logitech should speed things up for you tounge_o.gif

But seriously 1100 mhz is pretty slow for gaming these days and 196 mb RAM (especially if you have windows xp) is not much. I won't get started on the geforce 4. Your rig is well below average these days for games, so what affects your performance is not going to impact most others nearly so much.

Due to OFP's graphics engine being a older than granny's underwear, anything above a Geforce4 ti model gives minimal performance gain in OFP. It's that old p3 processor and the dismal memory bandwidth that comes with it that is causing void_false's slowdowns.

@void_false: If you ever decide to upgrade, grab a new MB/CPU/memory first wink_o.gif

@General Barron

Is it possible to increase the default weapon wobble in the config? So, the weapon will wobble even if the player is not injured. I think making the gun just plain inaccurate, is an unfair way to go about it.

They do that in America's Army and it pisses my off to no end when my crosshairs are on some guys chest and I can't hit a thing if I'm injured.

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to increase the default weapon wobble in the config? So, the weapon will wobble even if the player is not injured. I think making the gun just plain inaccurate, is an unfair way to go about it.

Locke@Germany said that there was a way to do that via the animation's config. I haven't checked it out myself yet though. And I'm not well versed with configs, so there may be a setting in a weapon's config that defines that. I agree, it would be preferable to have a real wobble instead of making the gun inaccurate. I'll look into it more, but it looks like the answer to that is 'yes'.

I'm looking forward to put put more RAM into my PC. And i dont gonna change Video card cuz' i heard enough about problems that this new graphic cards cause to ofp.

the aimPrecision parameter is what you are looking for

try to double the values and you will see smile_o.gif

by the way it is very easy to find just search your config for

"aimPrecision"

Sorry OT: How can I extract a conig.cpp out of a .bin file?

@tiniton

you can use PBO Decryptor V1.3 or OFP Manager

but both of these programs make errors while decompiling

so the best way to get a working config is to dowload it from

A-Lone-Wolf's Site

A-Lone-Wolf's Site

Also have a look at the Comented config from BIS

wink_o.gif

the aimPrecision parameter is what you are looking for

try to double the values and you will see smile_o.gif

by the way it is very easy to find just search your config for

"aimPrecision"

Great! This should make things more interesting.

I upped the default aimprecision values from 1/0.5/0.2 to 10/5/3 and then place two squads about 250m form eachother. THe result was a drawn out firefight. Even I had problems hitting people because of the increased weapon wobble.

Overall the results were fantastic. There's no need for unrealistic dispersion values!

10/5/3 was a bit too high though. The AI was a little too inaccurate. I'd say 8.5/5.5/3.5 would be a good number to try.

I upped the default aimprecision values from 1/0.5/0.2 to 10/5/3 and then place two squads about 250m form eachother. THe result was a drawn out firefight. Even I had problems hitting people because of the increased weapon wobble.

Overall the results were fantastic. There's no need for unrealistic dispersion values!

10/5/3 was a bit too high though. The AI was a little too inaccurate. I'd say 8.5/5.5/3.5 would be a good number to try.

That's fantastic news. Finally a realistic aiming system instead of having to resort to workarounds like high dispersion ammo. Get to work ECP team! smile_o.gif

BTW, if you can tie weapon wobble level to AI skill level (i.e. lower wobble for higher skill, meaning better skill means better accuracy) I'll be really impressed. biggrin_o.gif

I think higher AI skill level does translate into better aiming - regardless of what the aimprecision values are, but I don't think the weapon wobble can be changed with skill level.

Even with high aimprecision values, a highly skilled AI still cannot shooot as well as a player. I wonder if the default aiming skill levels for AI can be upped to conpensate for this?

Uhhh, I think someone goofed. I get no sounds from anyone elses weapon but mine.

You need to have the Dynamic Range Pack with this config, which I think is the problem you have. Grab it here.

For us lazy people have you guys made a new config with the aimprecision adjusted?

Quote[/b] ]For us lazy people have you guys made a new config with the aimprecision adjusted?

I'm putting some finishing touches on an updated version, which includes the modified aimprecision values. I should have it posted by tomorrow. smile_o.gif