Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

Jean christophe's normandy island

crash and error-message again: Invalid texture aspect ratio!

Edit: on dedicated server

Yes, maybe it deserves more feedback but an island that doesn't work on dedicated server is pretty much useless for a lot of people. I mentioned that before (on other forums too) but no answer yet. I tried to kick all textures serverside but it still crashes. I definitely need jean christophes help on that - I haven't got a clue where the trouble comes from.

Yes, maybe it deserves more feedback but an island that doesn't work on dedicated server is pretty much useless for a lot of people. I mentioned that before (on other forums too) but no answer yet. I tried to kick all textures serverside but it still crashes. I definitely need jean christophes help on that - I haven't got a clue where the trouble comes from.

Just read page 3 in this topic. The problem is, that JC used some textures which can't be shown by a dedicated server. But you should find a solution on page 3 (or 4), too.

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

This is not so much a dedicated servers issue as an graphics card issue. As dedicated servers have crappy onboard graphic chips most of the time it affects them most. You can open up the addons and replace all textures with too high a ratio with different ones that don't have such a high ratio. I did that myself with an older version and it worked on our (old) server (which had a particular crappy graphics chip wink_o.gif ). Didn't try the new version for this bug yet. But if it is still there i could fix it for you and give you a download if you don't want to do it yourself. Might take a few days though as i have a little hw problem at the moment.

This is not so much a dedicated servers issue as an graphics card issue. As dedicated servers have crappy onboard graphic chips most of the time it affects them most. You can open up the addons and replace all textures with too high a ratio with different ones that don't have such a high ratio. I did that myself with an older version and it worked on our (old) server (which had a particular crappy graphics chip wink_o.gif ). Didn't try the new version for this bug yet. But if it is still there i could fix it for you and give you a download if you don't want to do it yourself. Might take a few days though as i have a little hw problem at the moment.

That's really strange. I have two rigs for OFP dedicated, one has an ATI 9000 and the other one a GeForce 3 and both are agp cards. It crashes on both machines.

And thanks for the offer benu but i'll try myself for now ...

@MEDICUS

Thanks alot! I've read the pages before but I haven't tried to repack with old textures from first boutique.pbo and datatex.pbo yet. I'll try and report ...

It seems to depend on the RATIO of the textures, some chips can handle a higher ratio than others. I noticed that a version which fixed up to a certain level of ratios (highest ratio used was 16) and worked on someone elses machine did not work on ours, i had to fix up to the next ratio level (highest ratio used was 8 as 16 did not work on our server).

See my post here

What about the Flashpoint.cfg for dedicated sever? Perhaps it is possible to fix this issue by changing texture values.

Another thing is that the normandy map ALWAYS works in singleplayer on ANY graphics card. A friend of mine has an old 700MHz rig with an nvidia 440mx card equipped. This card is by far worse than an ati9000 or a geforce3 and the island works perfectly on that machine (singleplayer, of course)!

I tried every suggestion in this thread but no chance to get the new normandy map working on dedicated server. Always the same crash: invalid texture aspect ratio (16x256). Has anyone out there managed to get it working?

benu, have you tried the latest version yet?

I have a hardware problem on my client for a few days now, so i can't really promise how fast i can test it, but i will try to.

This island has a really great feel. The terrain and landscaping is unique. The geographic accuracy can be overlooked, however I'd like to see the beaches built up a bit more since building them up in the editor tends to lag my computer severely during play. Oh and coastal artillery blockhouses!

I went through the textures yesterday and did not find any with a higher aspect ratio than 4. Are you sure that aspect ratio error is caused by this island (v1.1). I will try to make a test mission and test it on the server.

Edit: crap, i checked the wrong island. Damn, i shouldn't do stuff on anyone elses computer without access to this forum sad_o.gif Ok, i'll try to check normandy tomorrow wink_o.gif

I just played a mission on normandy on our server, so it seems to work. Version was 2.1.

Did you have to fix anything before?

EDIT:

I installed Flashpoint on my dedicated server machine (gladly I have two ofp versions as I additionally bought the budget GOTY edition for 15 Euros some time ago - a must have for a real fanboy) and tried to HOST a mission on normandy 2.1. It worked perfectly!

So I'm really confused about why it doesn't work on stand-alone dedicated server.

Try to check the md5sums or crc32s of the addons.

Ok, the md5sums are (done with WinMD5 v1.1 from your site, thanks benu):

471b85b807632844b3964ce43747c66d boutique.pbo

120165181384632cd0750064fe06da4b normandie.pbo

82e2a31c5b798218b2c57e6a631b6e72 lampe.pbo

2fde70df002a75d53c3a0be10040029f data2.pbo

client and server match exactly, same after redownloading the addon from ofp.info ftp!

I got the same md5sums on my server. Maybe it's some other addon causing problems with normandy? Did you try to a) make a test mission with just one bis soldier on normandy and run it on the server and b) run the server with only normandy as an inofficial addon? If this does work it is some other addon causing this, if it doesn't it has to be some server setting.

I did not go through this addon for texture aspect ratios yet, i could try that and if there are any high ratios change them and you could try that version too. But i can't promise how fast i can do this...

Yes, you are right benu and I'm very very stupid. It was an addon causing the crash. I should have tried first with a mission only containing bis stuff and not wasting your time benu and spamming this thread. I have to apologize - I owe you something.

The addon that doesn't like dedicated servers is the PzkpfIIC.pbo (East->Armored->Pzkpfw II C) from King Tiger's Early War Panzer Pack. I thought we tested all tanks from this pack but it seems I was wrong.

Again, big apologize to all, especially to benu and jean christophe. Thanks for your help.