Sign in to follow this  
jfri

How to end the ambush single mission

In the ambush mission I habe been in Houdan and the marked seize this area place and all enemy seems to be eliminated.

Still the last objective is not fullfilled and the mission does not end.

The two remaining friendly soldiers remains at FC52 and won't move and they call for me if I leave. Returning to them changes nothing.

What am I supposed to do?

looks loke something went wrong. try to replay this mission from the beggining wink_o.gif

Press left shift plus minus on the numeric keypad simultaniously and type end mission mad_o.gif , there's a 1985 compatbility patch for resistance that fixes some missions but this one is a mess since the last patches messed with it pretty bad sad_o.gif . And it used to be one of my personal favorites too...

Press left shift plus minus on the numeric keypad simultaniously and type end mission mad_o.gif , there's a 1985 compatbility patch for resistance that fixes some missions but this one is a mess since the last patches messed with it pretty bad sad_o.gif . And it used to be one of my personal favorites too...

I tried that and got two goldstars but no fullfilled last objective.

... and you wont. It used to be possible to conquer the town but now the armor always comes and you have to run to the beach and wait for a uh-60 to possibly come and pick you and ocasionaly it does but instead of going for the end mission trigger it goes for a fly around malden resulting in mission failure crazy_o.gif .

And one time i drove the jeep over the bravo squad leader and it ended the mission but BIS forgot to put it in the briefing rock.gif . its a shame...

oh yeah! and the end heli extraction scene doesn't stop! What happened to this map? crazy_o.gif

Poor ole Ambush, best mission of all time ruined by some patches. Someone should try fixing it and making a COOP version of it.

... and you wont. It used to be possible to conquer the town but now the armor always comes and you have to run to the beach and wait for a uh-60 to possibly come and pick you and ocasionaly it does but instead of going for the end mission trigger it goes for a fly around malden resulting in mission failure crazy_o.gif .

And one time i drove the jeep over the bravo squad leader and it ended the mission but BIS forgot to put it in the briefing rock.gif . its a shame...

This has never happened for me, wait for a heli.

I remember the Ambush mission from the old demo.

When i succeeded for the first time to stay alive until the chopper extraction , to see after that the chopper destroyed by a Shilka fire, while you survived by jumping with a parachute was a great time.

You were alone in enemy territory when the mission ended there.

I wonder why BI removed the Shilka part when the game went retail. I hoped to see the escape from the enemy territory more developped in this mission.

Its strange because the shilka is there mad_o.gif , and on Avon's faq it says that the chopper wont go to the end mission trigger because of a.i.'s improved dog fighting introduced in recent patch, my favorite infantry mission sad_o.gif .

Bis should include a fix for this mission in 1.96 final patch but its problably too late...

Poor ole Ambush, best mission of all time ruined by some patches. Someone should try fixing it and making a COOP version of it.

Yeah ambush is quite cool. IMO best non-campaign mission in OFP

I wonder why BI removed the Shilka part when the game went retail. I hoped to see the escape from the enemy territory more developped in this mission.

Here's an opportunity for a great mission maker to produce the sequel. Any takers?

I agree, ambush used to be the best non-campaign mission in ofp till some bloody patches messed with it. but in V.1.00, it was never possible to complete the mission because all your squad was killed on the way down the first town by a M2 which was supposed to be a BMP i think and the 'escape trigger doesn't kick in till the second village. Anyway I didn't stick around 4 the blackhawk, i jumped in the UAZ that I slotted the driver of and ran away to a deserted 'major us base'

rock.gif

Edit: I found out the base was deserted was because i missed the end trigger!

Yea, that shilka would have been good. My favourite part was leaping out of the chopper just before the shilka fired. You're invinsible then. tounge_o.gif

It runs quite different for me.

Invariably, the rest of my squad gets killed assaulting the first town (though sometimes they live long enough for the tanks to arrive and take them out. Then I get a message saying to try to get back to base. Doing that results in mission failure.

If I take the UAZ to the tanks and LAW the crews before they get in their tanks, the mission doesn't end at all. Incidentally, one time I managed to get in one of the tanks after killing some crewmen. I found I was gunner on a tank that had an enemy driver! He drove around out of my control while I took shots at enemy tanks. Got them all then jumped out and took out the tank when it got jammed against a tree. Mission still didn't end!

It runs quite different for me.

Invariably, the rest of my squad gets killed assaulting the first town (though sometimes they live long enough for the tanks to arrive and take them out. Then I get a message saying to try to get back to base. Doing that results in mission failure.

This is normal if you're the only one left and you have not previously been told to evac via the beach.

Quote[/b] ]If I take the UAZ to the tanks and LAW the crews before they get in their tanks, the mission doesn't end at all.

Sounds like a good chance that trigger conditions are ruined in this case.

Quote[/b] ]Incidentally, one time I managed to get in one of the tanks after killing some crewmen. I found I was gunner on a tank that had an enemy driver! He drove around out of my control while I took shots at enemy tanks. Got them all then jumped out and took out the tank when it got jammed against a tree.

A slight OFP stupidity but well known.

prehaps one for you and me to redo avon? add some new units tho as well as using the originals so we can use those great addons out there... Combat M113's etc

prehaps one for you and me to redo avon? add some new units tho as well as using the originals so we can use those great addons out there... Combat M113's etc

Me? I can write the Readme and fudge around some things in the Mission Editor but that's the limit to my mission making skills.

But a sequel is really called for here. wink_o.gif

Here's an opportunity for a great mission maker to produce the sequel. Any takers?

me!

i'm making a coop minicampaign ,featuring playing roles for both Alpha squad and also a small surviving pack of Bravo squad wink_o.gif .

me!

i'm making a coop minicampaign ,featuring playing roles for both Alpha squad and also a small surviving pack of Bravo squad  wink_o.gif .

1. Can you make it SP compatible, too?

2. Why not team up with Messiah?

it'll be a while before i can do much work... got a lot on with UKF stuff atm... may be able to spare some cutscene time in a couple of weeks.

I would be gratefull if someone could make the mission end properly, i tried Hyk's conversion and its the same, the blackhawk doesnt come to extract and when it comes (ocasionaly) it doesnt follow its waypoints, such a nice infantry mission sad_o.gif ...

I would be gratefull if someone could make the mission end properly, i tried Hyk's conversion and its the same, the blackhawk doesnt come to extract and when it comes (ocasionaly) it doesnt follow its waypoints, such a nice infantry mission sad_o.gif ...

I just tried the original demo's version with OFP 1.96. Same problem. rock.gif

There are other changes, especially with OUTRO.SQS, which explains why we never see the Shilka shooting down the UH60 anymore at the end - assuming you could get the UH60 to evac you in the first place!

Comparing the demo's and current version's MISSION.SQM files, the UH60 waypoints are exactly the same.

Comparing the demo's and current version's MISSION.SQM files, the UH60 waypoints are exactly the same.

Correction: no they're not.

Working on fixing it in the official Ambush version.

I've successfully played through the demo version now. It's been a long time since I've seen that Shilka and those T72s and BMPs crawling around for me in the hills! smile_o.gif

Stay tuned. No promises. wink_o.gif

Correction: no they're not.

Working on fixing it in the official Ambush version.

I've successfully played through the demo version now. It's been a long time since I've seen that Shilka and those T72s and BMPs crawling around for me in the hills! smile_o.gif

Stay tuned. No promises. wink_o.gif

I never heard about the game before release so never played the demo, but there is a shilka and some more armor in the map. The mission used to work before and i think BIS tried to fix it in a patch once but i also believe the blackhawk doesnt come to extract because they made some changes to the pilots behaviour or something in a patch, its strange why the helicopter doesnt come with its behaviour set to "careless", it shouldnt fear the tanks rock.gif

Best of luck to The Avon Lady smile_o.gif .