Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

1.96 now official release?!

... is it correct to assume that 1.96rc now turned into the official release version, meaning that this is the official release of the 1.96 patch?

This last post in the 1.96 Beta thread is a bit confusing. Such a release would well deserve its own thread

wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Yes, the official latest patch can be found here smile_o.gif

As that post is from this morning it seemed to me, that the rc turned into the official release. And now I feel like I should spread my confusion over the rest of the community tounge_o.gif

It just seemed to me that the rc is no longer rc but official.

Probably Maruk just wanted to clarify in the Beta-Thread that people shall download the rc and not the beta.

Well to be perfectly right, the RC is still a RC untill it has been through Codemaster's Q&A.

Well to be perfectly right, the RC is still a RC untill it has been through Codemaster's Q&A.

yep...I guess it's still awaiting Codemasters verification and approval stamp.

Quote[/b] ]Resistance Patch 1.96 (Euro/US), 12.8 MB. See readme for more information

Is this the one you install right after Resistance? (No other patches needed)

yep...I guess it's still awaiting Codemasters verification and approval stamp.

Is this it ?!?!

Codemasters

says nothing about it being a RC

Mhh, interesting! BIS, can you tell us more?

Anyway of disabling this stupid "snapping" back to front " view when flying choppers???... mad_o.gif .Its one freakin pain in the ass.Whose brainstorm was this rock.gif (try looking and locking a target with a joystick and you'll see what I mean).

And now I feel like I should spread my confusion over the rest of the community tounge_o.gif

It just seemed to me that the rc is no longer rc but official.

am a bit confuzed too. this (the non beta non rc 1.96) is a 12meg download, wheras the 'patches' i'm used to are circa 2 meg and involve the .exe only.

short of going thru all the 1.96 messages in the forum, what's the structure here? beta -> 'release candidate' -> 'real thing', and is this what we'll normally see in future? Not complaining, just want to get my head around it. If it's "official" what does that actually mean? all future purchases of OFP resistance CD (eg) will be 1.96? is that how it's working?

rock.gif